11 Days And Still Have PIP

Jace37

I been taking my TRT dose of 250mg Test E every week. I injected right glute 11 days ago and I still have PIP. It started on the 2nd or 3rd day and the pain stayed the same all the way through. It didn't get better or worse and its day 11 now. No redness, no swelling that I could tell, but it hurts like usual pip. I'm just worried about getting a infection. I'm thinking by day 11 I would be in severe pain or it would of swollen a lot by now if it was a infection right? I been using 23g 1 1/2 inches needles for injecting for years, but about a month ago I switched to 22g 1 1/2 inches. I did about 2 or 3 injections before this happened. I was also using a different source for the test E for two weeks but then I kept getting test flu so I went back to my old source I was using before, and on the first injection I got this issue, but I was using this Ugl before. I only used the other Ugl one to test it out and because it had EO I got a bad reaction to it and got test flu so I switched back right away after getting the flu twice and then I get pip on first injection from my usual lab that is now on day 11. I don't want to go to hospital yet. There slow as fuck down here and I'm pretty sure they will want to run test that takes the whole day, like ultrasound my ass and blood work. I don't seem to have the usual symptoms that go with having an infection but fuck 11 days is a long time for pip to stay the same on the pain level.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, I have never experienced pip thus far and I use a 23x1. Side note, just noticed the package says exp date 2005 lol I'm sure it has something to do with using a bigger needle. I draw with 18 and pin with 23

Last edited:
Ya 2005 is pretty expired lol. I'm hoping it is just from using a bigger needle. If it doesn't get better by tomorrow I'm gonna need to get it checked out. Will be going on 2 weeks soon.

Ok, now I have a huge problem. My lymph node in my groin area is swollen on right side of crotch and I did the injection on right side of glutes. I'm heading to emergency now.

Last edited:
switch back to 23g.You may have injected near a nerve, but thats a week longer than any pip I ever had.

If you think that you have an infection, just call your doc and run a round of antibiotics for a week. You can get antibiotics for anything these days. Tell him/her that you have a toothache.

switch back to 23g.You may have injected near a nerve, but thats a week longer than any pip I ever had.

If you think that you have an infection, just call your doc and run a round of antibiotics for a week. You can get antibiotics for anything these days. Tell him/her that you have a toothache.

Just at the hospital right now. As soon as my lymph node in groin got swollen I came here ASAP lol.

Update: just seen ER doctor and gave me antibiotic called Septra (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim)
Doctor said swollen lymph node can also be from inflammation.

Last edited:
Good to hear you are OK. Of course you know those antibiotics will take care of you. FYI take them all and finish them :)

About the Gauge and length it has no bearing in you situation. At least not several days.

I use 22G x 1" frequently Some times 23G x 1" for water base I use 25G x 5/8" I sometime use a needle to draw but most of the time if I'm only drawing once I inject with the same pin. The oil flow is so quick with the 22G there is less time for shakiness , ego less tearing tissue hence less PIP.

Good to hear you are OK. Of course you know those antibiotics will take care of you. FYI take them all and finish them :)

About the Gauge and length it has no bearing in you situation. At least not several days.

I use 22G x 1" frequently Some times 23G x 1" for water base I use 25G x 5/8" I sometime use a needle to draw but most of the time if I'm only drawing once I inject with the same pin. The oil flow is so quick with the 22G there is less time for shakiness , ego less tearing tissue hence less PIP.

Thanks. I just caught this infection in time. After leaving the hospital I started a slight fever and chills. It subsided about 30 minutes ago.

I actually find that the bigger 22G needle hurt less going in, and seems to go in like butter. With the 23G it burns on the way in and sometimes the muscle gives resistance.

Always a great idea to have a full spectrum antibiotic on hand just to be safe. I have had one abscess and at the time I was a student enrolled in a healthcare program and had worked in all of the local hospitals. No way in hell was I going to any ER nearby. I drained it myself 5 times a day and used the antibiotics I had, and i even injected antibiotics into the abscess. Good as new in a week. I was pulling 30ml of crap out of it 5 times a day for the first 3-4 days. As it healed less. I'm a clean freak now :)

Back