19 year old newbie.

Dserge

Well I have been working out 5 days a week now for 37 days. (Not very long I know)..

But I am very committed and am doing this all natural with literally no plans for any gear or anything in the future.

But here is where I am at currently...

I am 5 '11" 165 pounds..

I am trying to get bigger right now.

Also any guesses on bodyfat%??

I know I am small but be nice! haha.

I am using a bowflex along with P90x all at home for now.

Last edited:
Good for you bro.Get hooked up in the deit forum and start putting on the pounds.Being you age you can really make quality gain with a little hard work and diet.

Welcome to ology

i hate workin out at home.. i have a nice set up in my basement but i need the gym.. have to smell the pussy in the air.. keeps me going..lol im sure dbolic agrees..

i hate workin out at home.. i have a nice set up in my basement but i need the gym.. have to smell the pussy in the air.. keeps me going..lol im sure dbolic agrees..

I hear ya bro....lil motivation for one more rep/set.LOL
Its just one more incentive to stick with a solid routine....ummmm ooooh that smell,cant you smell that smell....Woman all hot and sweaty,lmao

You don't look bad but you remind me of my brother, eat whatever you want, won't gain a pound, never really has to workout in the gym to see some definition due to your metabolism.

You are the same age as me and for me I weigh in at 185 right now at 5'11 with around 12% body fat. You can achieve a figure you want if you are commited, this is constructive critisism. EAT EAT EAT!!!! Go check the diet forum on here, I know what body type you have and you can transform it with the right diet/ambition in the gym!

I agree with JAMIE.Your an ectomorph body type but with a good frame showing potential,very similar were i was at your age.My advice is to keep cal intake above 4200 ed with 1.5-2.0 grams of protein per pound of body weight.
Better yet go to the diet forum and look up JAMYJAMJR work with him,let him know your goals and he'll help get you on a mass bulking diet.
Then post your progress.
Train,eat,sleep repeat.

Thanks guys appreciate all of the good advice given.

Do you guys think it would be best to train every other day to give my muscles a rest or continue to do a everyday type thing?

I have also been using whey protein.

I would like to get to around 180-185.

good back development. eat big. when i say big, i mean big. 4-5k cals a day. destroy those arms during your workouts. you're on the right path!!

good back development. eat big. when i say big, i mean big. 4-5k cals a day. destroy those arms during your workouts. you're on the right path!!

he doesnt need to be lifting his arms, he needs to be doing heavy heavy heavy compound lifts and eating like an animal.

Dserge-when you lift, try and do things like deadlifts, barbell bench, pullups, skullcrushers, military press, bent-over rows, squats, lunges, leg press, etc.

do only a few working sets of 6-8 reps with heavy weight, and if you eat appropriately, you will get BIG:bigok:

he doesnt need to be lifting his arms, he needs to be doing heavy heavy heavy compound lifts and eating like an animal.

Dserge-when you lift, try and do things like deadlifts, barbell bench, pullups, skullcrushers, military press, bent-over rows, squats, lunges, leg press, etc.

do only a few working sets of 6-8 reps with heavy weight, and if you eat appropriately, you will get BIG:bigok:

BAM. This right here. He beat me to it.

And no, you dont need to be training that much. Lift heavy and intense for 3-4 days a week then REST and EAT.

Being in the gym everyday is NOT going to make you grow any faster or bigger. Proper REST and NUTRITION in conjuction with intense training will.

There is a science of what you need to eat and when. Whey protein post works shakes are the difference. Your natural hormones are high at your age. If you learn how to eat to grow you will be pumping before you know it. lift 5 days a week one muscle group a day. Lift heavy with good forum.

Welcome to the board. Ask all the dumb question you can think of. just make sure your titles are descriptive. The Jam in the Diet forum will get you straight. Pay him a visit.

Well I have been working out 5 days a week now for 37 days. (Not very long I know)..

But I am very committed and am doing this all natural with literally no plans for any gear or anything in the future.

But here is where I am at currently...

I am 5 '11" 165 pounds..

I am trying to get bigger right now.

Also any guesses on bodyfat%??

I know I am small but be nice! haha.

I am using a bowflex along with P90x all at home for now.

well ur skinny as hell so i would guess your bodyfat to be very low like 9%. if you're trying to get bigger srsly, lose the bowflex, every city has a gym or one near by, spend the $30 you already waste a month of teenager bullshit and buy a gym membership

There is a science of what you need to eat and when. Whey protein post works shakes are the difference. Your natural hormones are high at your age. If you learn how to eat to grow you will be pumping before you know it. lift 5 days a week one muscle group a day. Lift heavy with good forum.

Welcome to the board. Ask all the dumb question you can think of. just make sure your titles are descriptive. The Jam in the Diet forum will get you straight. Pay him a visit.

imo, this kid just needs to eat period, everything in sight, doesnt matter what it is, he just needs calories, hes young so his metab is fast so he will burn quick.

Back