1mL bottles instead of 10mL???

Dean407

Just left CVS where I've gotten my scripts filled several times before.

Regardless of how the script was written, I've always gotten a 10mL bottle of testosterone cypionate.

So, I filled the script and left without looking in the bag.

Turns out I got TWO 1mL bottles of 200mg with 1 refill. My script calls for .25 of 200mg/mL injected twice weekly. So, it is ONE month worth.

I tried calling CVS but I was put on hold and had no patience.

I had read a thread (I thought on here but can't find) regarding how 10mL bottles were becoming rare due to a pharmacy rule more pharmacies are adhering to regarding puncture bottles only being good for 1 month or something to that effect.

I presume this is a result of that.

I'll call tomorrow morning when they're less busy to confirm this.

Had I known this, I would have called around to see which pharmacy would still issue a 10mL bottle. But, I suppose it's just time before all pharmacies adhere to the rule.

It's still cheap. But now it's $15 for a 4 week supply instead of $15 for a 10 or 20 week supply! :(

Regardless of how the script was written, I've always gotten a 10mL bottle of testosterone cypionate.

Turns out I got TWO 1mL bottles of 200mg with 1 refill. My script calls for .25 of 200mg/mL injected twice weekly. So, it is ONE month worth.

I had read a thread (I thought on here but can't find) regarding how 10mL bottles were becoming rare due to a pharmacy rule more pharmacies are adhering to regarding puncture bottles only being good for 1 month or something to that effect.

Had I known this, I would have called around to see which pharmacy would still issue a 10mL bottle. But, I suppose it's just time before all pharmacies adhere to the rule.

It's still cheap. But now it's $15 for a 4 week supply instead of $15 for a 10 or 20 week supply! :(

Have your doc write the script stating "10ml 200mg/ml" then your actual dosing protocol. I use CVS because they DO honor this method; you just have to let your doc know that it's costly to let them determine the vial size for you.

It's not a mandate, but a suggestion by the FDA. Unfortunately, big pharma is all over this (as you're seeing why) due to the ridiculous markup.

Be warned however, insurance does have a role in this too, so if they're paying for you, you may have to bring it up with them as well. As my copay is 30 bucks (which I had to fight for), I just pay out of pocket and eat the 45 bucks for 2 months worth instead of the 60 I'd have to pay for co-pays.

Edit: list price is like 100 bucks, but goodrx has coupon codes they honor. ;)

My local CVS did the 1ml vials for about a year, now they are back to giving me the Watson 10ml vials. Don't know why and didn't ask because I gotta be nice after I dimed out their Pharmacist for being a DICK. He didn't want to fill my 90 day scrip because I "should still have some left over" and wouldn't give me needles even with a prescription for a injectable drug. (If you want to get answers and results just call 1-800-SHOP-CVS and complain about their pharmacy.)
Also, to avoid any CVS problems, have your Doc give you a scrip that has the total amount of drug and only says "USE AS DIRECTED". For instance, if you were in pain it would say "Oxycodone 30mg Tab, USE AS DIRECTED". Also, I go on Saturday night or Sunday when they have a bunch of young girls working and never have any problems. Just my advice, hope you get it worked out.

Last edited:
I can now get only 1 ml vials from my pharmacy. Previously I always got 10 ml vials.

My prescription reads 10 ml vial, 0.3 ml every 4 days. My pharmacy said that my insurance will not cover more than a 90 day supply. Therefore, they give me 6 1 ml vials, which is equal to an 88 day supply.

Interestingly, I found that my first 1 ml vial contained 1.2 ml of test. It will be interesting to see if the other vials also contain more than specified.

When I was getting 1 ml vials from CVS my prescription said inject 125mg weekly; so I got 12 (200mg) 1ml vials for 90 days. That left me with 75mg extra test each week I was told to "throw away unused portion". CVS said the new rules said they were single use vials so I got one for each week. I don't think anybody understood those FDA guidelines; but they shouldn't be able to give you 88 days worth for a 90 day supply. That doesn't add up!
I can now get only 1 ml vials from my pharmacy. Previously I always got 10 ml vials.

My prescription reads 10 ml vial, 0.3 ml every 4 days. My pharmacy said that my insurance will not cover more than a 90 day supply. Therefore, they give me 6 1 ml vials, which is equal to an 88 day supply.

Interestingly, I found that my first 1 ml vial contained 1.2 ml of test. It will be interesting to see if the other vials also contain more than specified.

When I was on 100mg dose I was getting 10ml.bottles. my endo upped it to 200mg the pharmacy started giving me 1ml. Vials. I'm going to ask the endo for 10ml bottle when I go back to see her.

Back