2,4-Dinitrophenol Inquiries

Brain and Brawn

Hello everyone, bit of a preamble here but thought I'd start to make myself known on this board again. Haven't had much time to be a part of the community, seeing as engineering school has been keeping me very busy these last few months. Thankfully, I'm about to enter into a co-op and things will begin to become a lot more manageable.

This is part of the reason I'm back here. I'm going to be back to training again come April, and plan on FINALLY getting the chance to experiment chemically in various ways. I will of course be keeping in mind safety at all times (duh), as mentioned in previous posts, I tend to err on the side of caution, and have done and am always doing a ton of research on the everything I can sink my teeth into.

Which brings me to my next point. As I'll finally be able to return to the game, one of the many things I am interested in trying is DNP. Now, many of you will probably flame me for even mentioning this on these boards, but while I am aware of the danger of such a compound, I still feel the need to try this anyways. I just want to say first off, that I have been very successful in the past with weight loss, losing upwards to 110+ lbs natty, and have been training up until most recently relatively steady since I was 19.

My plan thus far, and keep in mind this might change with new information, is to begin cutting again this summer, and before returning to school in the fall, I'd like to do a 2-4 week cycle of DNP. Now, 4 weeks is my maximum I'd allow myself, and is tentative, but from my readings on the literature, one can go 4 weeks and keep sides to a minimum given a low dose and proper protocol. The idea being that I will be cutting slowly during the summer, to preserve as much muscle as possible, and then using the DNP as a final push into a place where I feel I will be able to begin my first cycle of test only.

I won't go into my plans for test (save that for another post), but I do have a question pertaining to DNP. I'm not looking for a lecture on why you may not agree with my methodology, but I am totally open to safety concerns and the likes, but if you make a claim I ask that you please try and back it with some sort of reference/peer review/etc.

I'd like to know people experiences with acquiring DNP, and any things I should be looking out for when doing so, such as what to avoid and what to look for, the successful and unsuccessful stories of anybodies experience in this (DISCLAIMER: NOT LOOKING FOR A SOURCE!). Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Guide me my brethren, for I am an eager pupil of Brodin looking follow in the ways of the Swole Scripture, such that I may too worship at the Iron Temple, and carve my own path to Swolehalla.

This board is very anti-DNP so dont expect much help/advice.

From what I've read the sides can get pretty bad, obviously you need to keep an eye on your body temp several times a day. It doesn't sound like something you can run while at work or school, you will need holidays to do it. Gotta be able to get into a cold shower pretty quickly when need be.

It can be run safely and succesfully, but you need to keep in mind it can go bad pretty quickly. All i have to add is research research research before running it and be careful!

Good luck bro.

So you haven't been training cuz your busy with engineering school, but wanna hop right in with dnp??? Smh sometimes smart people come up with the dumbest ideas i swear

This board is very anti-DNP so dont expect much help/advice.

From what I've read the sides can get pretty bad, obviously you need to keep an eye on your body temp several times a day. It doesn't sound like something you can run while at work or school, you will need holidays to do it. Gotta be able to get into a cold shower pretty quickly when need be.

It can be run safely and succesfully, but you need to keep in mind it can go bad pretty quickly. All i have to add is research research research before running it and be careful!

Good luck bro.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback, and yes research is an absolute must! Hence why I thought I'd ask for people's experiences (even knowingly to an anti-DNP board). I figure if I posted this to a site that only was filled with a bunch of yes men, I wouldn't get a proper overview of what people's experiences where, especially since many boards are filled with keyboard warrior wannabe prepubescent teens, lol.

I've done a lot of research on the effects and side effects of this chemical, and am very aware of what to expect during dosing, I guess my question more pertained to what to look for as far as acquiring the chemical, what to be aware of, tricks scammers use an what to watch out for, etc. But thanks for the feedback non the less!

Can I ask why you believe a person would be unable to work while on DNP? I know it makes everything incredibly difficult, and as such would like to do this an finish just before school starts, so I would be working in my co-op (last month of it). Obviously I will be sweating profusely, but is a cold shower really necessary as an emergency? I would be using a low dose to keep sides to a minimum.

Last edited:
So you haven't been training cuz your busy with engineering school, but wanna hop right in with dnp??? Smh sometimes smart people come up with the dumbest ideas i swear

I appreciate the feedback. Just to clarify, I was previously able to train up until only the current semester here, as I felt my grades began to slip as the work became more intense. Last semester I did manage to train consistently, so it's not like I've been away from the iron game for too long, at worse 3.5 months. One could consider that an excellent recovery period lol. But I do understand your concerns, I have no wish to hurt or kill myself with this endeavor, and your concern is well warranted.

As mentioned, this is something I will do around the last month of my co-op, giving me plenty of time to get back into my normal lifting routine. I've thus far (and this may change with new information) decided to use DNP as a launching point into my first cycle, as I've read that while DNP is highly catabolic, it's action of mechanism (restricting ATP production and synthesis), results in a muscle sparing effect (I'm in class shortly and don't have time to grab the link referencing this but will do as soon as I can). Since I'll be cutting very slowly this summer to preserve as much muscle mass as possible, the added accelerated fat loss at the end of the summer will help balance out the slower rate of loss throughout this period.

There are very few credible sources for DNP compared to other compounds because capping the powder is a huge chore and zero margin for error when it comes to dosing it.

When it comes to finding a credible source, research is your best friend (as with anything).
Scamming isn't that popular with dnp compared to AAS, the incorrect dosing by poor sources is the major issue with this compound. If you consume what you think is 200mg of dnp, when its actually been overdosed to 400mg, your going to find your health will be comprimised quickly.
You absolutely must ensure that your source is experienced, knowledgeable (ask them some questions about DNP to find out more), and has been recommended by the right people.

I have used DNP twice with great results, both times from a referral to a private source. I would be very sceptical of any source that advertises publicly because the media attention on DNP has risen dramatically over the last few years.

Last edited:
Yes it can be. Sides will differ from person to person but you can expect to hit some pretty high body temps. Apart from looking like a recovering drug addict sweating like a pig lol, if your body temp gets too high you can seriously damage your body. Some people might not need to but if yours DOES get high, you absolutely need to hit a cold shower or pool or something asap.
Dont quote me on this but i beleive you can do some organ damage if its gets too high, you can basically cook yourself from in the inside out. Thats usually how people die from it, overheating.

Like ripped said too, dosing is super important... If you take too much you may need an ice bath to keep yourself alive. There IS a reason everyones so anti-dnp. It IS dangerous. But used correctly and dosed properly and checking your temp several times a way is the safest way to go about it.

There are very few credible sources for DNP compared to other compounds because capping the powder is a huge chore and zero margin for error when it comes to dosing it.

When it comes to finding a credible source, research is your best friend (as with anything).
Scamming isn't that popular with dnp compared to AAS, the incorrect dosing by poor sources is the major issue with this compound. If you consume what you think is 200mg of dnp, when its actually been overdosed to 400mg, your going to find your health will be comprimised quickly.
You absolutely must ensure that your source is experienced, knowledgeable (ask them some questions about DNP to find out more), and has been recommended by the right people.

I have used DNP twice with great results, both times from a referral to a private source. I would be very sceptical of any source that advertises publicly because the media attention on DNP has risen dramatically over the last few years.

Thanks for the great tips! I do worry greatly about the legitimacy and dosing of the products, which is probably why I've been so hesitant to go through with purchasing basic test :/ Really wish government would pull it's head out of its ass and realize the war on this sort of thing isn't working. But I digress...

Supposing that I have a few sources I'm considering though, how would I go abouts verifying them? Would a senior board member be able to help with that, or is it something I need to do through my own investigation/questioning? I will of course be asking whomever I do choose many, many questions, but is there any sort of thing I should be asking them in particular? I mean, they can tell me it's dosed properly, and that it's crystalized-dnp (not the industrial pesticide variety), but how would I know for sure without being a financial and medical guinea pig?

I really appreciate the feedback, I'd love to hear more about your experiences with this chemical, and your feelings on it. I'm very aware of DNP's rise in publicity lately, I remember browsing boards several years ago and it was this foreign chemical only heard of in the most extreme circles, which most certainly caused death with as little as 20mg :/ . Now it seems every forum has someone talking about it (oh the irony I know lol).

Yes it can be. Sides will differ from person to person but you can expect to hit some pretty high body temps. Apart from looking like a recovering drug addict sweating like a pig lol, if your body temp gets too high you can seriously damage your body. Some people might not need to but if yours DOES get high, you absolutely need to hit a cold shower or pool or something asap.
Dont quote me on this but i beleive you can do some organ damage if its gets too high, you can basically cook yourself from in the inside out. Thats usually how people die from it, overheating.

Like ripped said too, dosing is super important... If you take too much you may need an ice bath to keep yourself alive. There IS a reason everyones so anti-dnp. It IS dangerous. But used correctly and dosed properly and checking your temp several times a way is the safest way to go about it.

Yea, DNP is dangerous shit for sure, which is why I've come here to make sure I'm fully prepared for whatever comes my way. It's too bad there's no "antidote" (as it is technically a poison) should things be over dosed. It is a very scary and serious consideration I've made. Just another reason why I want to quadruple check everything that I can about it, and who I get it from, etc.

Do you think that (assuming properly dosed) that one could function at their job "safely" on 200mg a day? What about divided doses, would that decrease the severity of the effects? The "recommended dose" (I say this in a bit of skepticism, as sources for information vary) is between 2-6mg/kg-bw per day for crystalline DNP and 4-10mg/kg-bw for powdered DNP, so for myself by the time I intend on taking it, I will be "technically" at a lower than recommended dose for body weight (assuming crystalline, and very much bellow powdered).

Supposing that I have a few sources I'm considering though, how would I go abouts verifying them? Would a senior board member be able to help with that, or is it something I need to do through my own investigation/questioning? I will of course be asking whomever I do choose many, many questions, but is there any sort of thing I should be asking them in particular?

If you've done your research properly then the good sources should be fairly obvious since they'll be reviewed favouraby across several boards & sites.
I was referred by a vet on a more pro-dnp board, the vets/mods on here are VERY knowledgeable about dnp but until you have your PM priviliges you won't have the chance to ask them about it.
In terms of specific questions, asking them what they recommend taking along with the dnp is a good start, what dose THEY recommend, etc. Any response that goes against the research should be a warning flag.

I should add that their is no way to completely eliminate risk, so you will be taking a chance regardless.

I really appreciate the feedback, I'd love to hear more about your experiences with this chemical, and your feelings on it.

My experiences with it, as well as my feelings on it, are both favorable - if its used by the right people in the right circumstances.

When I say the right people: someone who needs to lose the weight within a specific timeframe, who has done the CORRECT research (not simply skimming through some boards), already has experience dieting and has the right motivation to use DNP.
When I say the right circumstances: diet & training should already be dialed in and other compounds (such as EC, clen, etc) should have been considered.

Unfortunately, its a good thing that DNP has a bad (undeserved) rap because hardly anyone meets the above requirements.
If you research the deaths that had DNP as a significant factor, you will realise that alot of people are too stupid to be going anywhere near it. EVERY single death was either a) dehydration, b) overdose (the most common cause) or c) a specific reaction unique to that individuals physiology. All of these causes are avoidable.

You will find that the people who have had good experiences/good things to say about dnp are either vets, mods or other very knowledgeable individuals - that's not a coincidence ;)

Thank you so much for you feedback Mrrippedzilla! I've been doing more research into the source I was looking at purchasing from, but although it was reviewed positively across many boards, it began to garner some negative attention as of mid 2013, and I'm not sure if it's g2g or not now. Regardless, they have been in contact with me, and while I'm waiting for a reply from them to some of the questions, I was wondering, besides cruising boards for verification, is there any way I can check to see if they are still legit or not? I haven't quiet reached the required 50 posts yet, but I'm working on that every day now :) Otherwise, like you mentioned, I would just ask a Vet directly.

You're right in about everything relating to who's ready to use such a substance, and the idiots who've been casualties of abuse of such a powerful chemical. I tend to err on the side of, "everybody's stupid (myself included) until proven otherwise" as far as the general populous is concerned. It's refreshing to be able to talk to someone knowledgeable about such subjects, instead of the regular "YOLOSWAG" fags that generally gravitate towards lifting.

Back