2007 Olympia

P

PARKER27

Hey Boys,

My wife and I decided to fly out Saturday morning to catch the finals, it was truly the most organized, well orchestrated olympia in years. Last year it was like a High school talent show. However, this year, Weider hired the right group to conduct a great event. It was amazing how many people were there... one of the promotion directors is my buddy, he said the finals turned-out a little over 18,000 heads; not to shabby.

As far as the competitors,
Cutler: looked good as always, although his syn injections were very pronounced.

Martinez: nothing short of perfection, if he can nail his conditioning; jay doesn't have a chance. He still looked a week or so out, he was the only one that was never short of breath after the posedowns..... it would've gone to Victor if he'd been a little dryer.

Jackson: He continues to make improvements, but he'll never compromise symmetry for size. He's what a body builder should look like IMO.

Coleman: His right Lat really hurt him, especially cause he favored his left lat while posing. I feel he was more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than last year.

Wolf: Sharp as nails! extremely proportional, calfs being the only lagging body part. He's what the Olympia is all about, though. I think 2nd or 3rd is where he should've placed, he's a true force.... considering this was his first Olympia. I wouldn't be suprised if he took it all next year.

All in all it was a great event, the Olympia was in desperate need for the show that unfolded. Body Building in general will benefit from this gathering of Champions, there was finally that fire and desire in the competitors eyes, again. It was however interesting to see how horrible some of the big names looked; Ruhl, Warren, and freeman all came in very smooth.

Listed below is a link of the top 6. You guys be the judge......

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=27XUWTH0

Last edited:
i thought Coleman should have won, imo...but im biased as hell anyway so i guess my opinion doesnt hold much water. Glad you had a good time, wish i could have gone.

Does Cutler have abs? lol I have cared less and less over the years about this show, given the emphasis on bloated physiques, doesn't seem to exemplify what the Sandow used to stand for.

PARKER27 said:
Hey Boys,

My wife and I decided to fly out Saturday morning to catch the finals, it was truly the most organized, well orchestrated olympia in years. Last year it was like a High school talent show. However, this year, Weider hired the right group to conduct a great event. It was amazing how many people were there... one of the promotion directors is my buddy, he said the finals turned-out a little over 18,000 heads; not to shabby.

As far as the competitors,
Cutler: looked good as always, although his syn injections were very pronounced.

Martinez: nothing short of perfection, if he can nail his conditioning; jay doesn't have a chance. He still looked a week or so out, he was the only one that was never short of breath after the posedowns..... it would've gone to Victor if he'd been a little dryer.

Jackson: He continues to make improvements, but he'll never compromise symmetry for size. He's what a body builder should look like IMO.

Coleman: His right Lat really hurt him, especially cause he favored his left lat while posing. I feel he was more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than last year.

Wolf: Sharp as nails! extremely proportional, calfs being the only lagging body part. He's what the Olympia is all about, though. I think 2nd or 3rd is where he should've placed, he's a true force.... considering this was his first Olympia. I wouldn't be suprised if he took it all next year.

All in all it was a great event, the Olympia was in desperate need for the show that unfolded. Body Building in general will benefit from this gathering of Champions, there was finally that fire and desire in the competitors eyes, again. It was however interesting to see how horrible some of the big names looked; Ruhl, Warren, and freeman all came in very smooth.

Listed below is a link of the top 6. You guys be the judge......

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=27XUWTH0

Thanks for the update bro! Great job. I don't follow it like I use to in the mid 90's (think the best era, aside from arnold himself) but I still keep my eye on the sport (and I use that term loosely here). Jay deserved the win BUT (huge BUT) only because that's what the sport has become. I'm with painless, these huge bloated physiques are a turn off. Aside from that I think Jackson looked the best overall and can't believe Coleman took 4th, wow. I enjoy the amatures and rookies more now a days.

I personally would have liked to see Victor win it. Jay did look well though. I was surprised that Dennis Wolf got fifth though. You gotta wonder whether there's some politics with that placing as it was his first Olympia. They might not want to place him in the top three over some of the vetarans that have been around for a while. I dunno. I'm looking forward to see the changes that they'll all make up to next years show.

Fyre said:
I personally would have liked to see Victor win it. Jay did look well though. I was surprised that Dennis Wolf got fifth though. You gotta wonder whether there's some politics with that placing as it was his first Olympia. They might not want to place him in the top three over some of the vetarans that have been around for a while. I dunno. I'm looking forward to see the changes that they'll all make up to next years show.
Agree 100%

If it was Dennis wolfs 3rd 0r 4th Olympia and he looked exactly how he did last saturday, there's no doubt he would've cracked the top 3. I really anxious to the changes Wolf and Martinez make next year.

I think Cutler looked like shit in comparison to Dexter. I only glanced at the pics but Cutler's back was the only thing that held him up. He was holding water all over. Dexter should have won the same as last year. If it was me I think it would be Dexter, Victor, and maybe David Henry. IDK maybe I have to look at them again.

No doubt dexter has the most ideal physique out there - but that's not what they want. They want mass monsters. If Wolf keeps that waist line down and keeps growing he's going to be one hell of a force to reckon with. Victor had a well deserved 2nd place imo.

outlawtas2 said:
No doubt dexter has the most ideal physique out there - but that's not what they want. They want mass monsters. If Wolf keeps that waist line down and keeps growing he's going to be one hell of a force to reckon with. Victor had a well deserved 2nd place imo.

Mass monsters has been the way it seems to have went but maybe things are starting to change. I mean, Victor is a big guy but he is still very symmetrical and hasn't got that blocky look that alot of the top bodybuilders have. Dexter does have any amazing physique and it's good to see him up there in the top three. I would have liked to see Darrem Charles place higher than he did as well. He has an awesome physique as well. I totally agree wit you about Wolf.

Back