245lbs - 20% BF - best diet/cardio to use to lean out

If you want to see my pics, look in the pic forum.. I am a bit leaner now than in those pics and stronger.

Ideally I want to lose my excess bodyfat as fast as possible with minimum strength loss.. but am willing to lose some strength.

I am natural. Never used steroids. I supp with protien powder and glutamine.

So what should my diet look like? Cardio?

How long should it take to get down to 10% bodyfat? Can I get there by Christmas?

im gonna bumb this, but finding that info shouldent be to hard. im not sure ive never been too picky about my body fat. so i cant give y a good advice. but im a pretty nice guy for bumping this.

just try not to eat any carbs past 6 pm, get all your protein carb meals earlier in the day, then eat your protein fat meals later in the day, and by fat i mean unsaturated fat. i dont know your lifting plan, but if you want to lean down, then do cardio on an empty stomach, do abs after cardio on an empty stomach also, helps burn fat. hmm since im bulking i lift mon-wed-fri and i do cardio tues-thurs-saturday, it keeps me from getting ridiculously fat. you definately could get to your target by Christmas, but just read up on dieting in the diet forum, and educate yourself so you can make educated choices in what you want to eat. good luck man. oh and if you want to loose weight do cardio b4 you lift, and if you want to keep muscle then lift first and then do cardio, but i wouldnt do cardio on lifting days, its too hard.

Cyclical ketogenic diets will always be your best bet at losing fat at the fastest rate with the best chance of retaining muscle and strength or possibly even adding a little of both depending how far along in your development you are.

As far as training, whatever style of training you make good strength/size gains in the gym on can be combined with a good diet for cutting purposes as well.

Adding short periods of interval training a few mornings a week on a stomach empty of everything but water and muscle-preserving stimulants can also help speed your fat loss along while minimizing strength and muscle loss.

Getting down to 10% by Christmas might be a bit of a lofty goal, if you're a true 20%er right now. But you can definately lean up quite a bit in that time frame, and at the very least, get close to your goal.

Back