3 Week Water Fast To Restore Testosterone Levels?

stolpioni

I came across this thread on a Proprecia forum (a anti-hairloss drug that has been found to permanently damage testosterone production):

propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8271

The guy did a 3 week water fast (only drinking water for 21 days. No coffee, tea, multivitamins or calories whatsoever).
This is supposed to cleanse the body and restore it to how it once was.

What is your opinion on this? Anyone tried it and had results? Is it worth trying before going on TRT?

Would you care to elaborate? What part is dumb and why?

The idea that starving yourself for 21 days is ever a good thing to do is fucking moronic and not worthy of delving into any further. Frankly when I see the word "cleanse" or "toxins" I know the person I'm talking to is not worth my time because their understanding of how the human body works is so clouded by idiocy it will be a useless discussion. You have a liver and kidneys that make up the renal system, which is responsible for removing waste products, If you do anything to your body that the renal system can't handle you better get to a hospital post fucking haste or you are going to be taking the long dirt nap, no amount of water fasts, or diluted holistic nonsense is going to help you.

Fasting is a great way to cleanse and detox your body, I don't care what the trtnooby thinks. With how the world is right now our bodys can not cleanse fast enough. Just like fasting for 20+ days your body will start healing its self in big ways. I could see how this worked for that guy. Not saying it will fix everything, but worth a try

Would you care to elaborate? What part is dumb and why?

TRTNooby kinda summed it up for me.

Dieting is one thing, but starving your organs of the nutrients that they need to function is just plain silly. Your body needs more than just water to survive, a lot more. You need nutrients to allow your body's systems to operate, and that's not something that can even be debated. It's factual information.

Going a day or two without eating isn't going to do any long term damage, but starving yourself for 3 weeks could absolutely cause serious medical problems.

Just one example would be that depriving your body of sodium and potassium could have a profound effect on your heart, which relies heavily on both of those electrolytes to function.

Starving yourself would also not have any positive effect on your hormone production, it would have the opposite. Nutrients play an important role in the production of hormones. It makes zero sense that depriving your body of all nutrients would have any sort of positive effect on your hormones.

Fasting is a great way to cleanse and detox your body, I don't care what the trtnooby thinks. With how the world is right now our bodys can not cleanse fast enough. Just like fasting for 20+ days your body will start healing its self in big ways. I could see how this worked for that guy. Not saying it will fix everything, but worth a try

Please go back to Dr. Mercola's forums you don't belong at the grownup table with this nonsense.

I came across this thread on a Proprecia forum (a anti-hairloss drug that has been found to permanently damage testosterone production):

propeciahelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8271

The guy did a 3 week water fast (only drinking water for 21 days. No coffee, tea, multivitamins or calories whatsoever).
This is supposed to cleanse the body and restore it to how it once was.

What is your opinion on this? Anyone tried it and had results? Is it worth trying before going on TRT?

I think that trying to duplicate Ghandi's hunger strike without ANY science behind it is retarded. FYI: Fasting beyond two weeks can be lethal.

Thank you guys for your inputs. I appreciate it. All (most) valid points. I did not come here to advocate fasting, just found that post and thought I'd get your opinions on it.

My concern is also that it might cause damage to your body. But then you can read about experts saying that by constantly eating food, your body won't
have time to heal as it will deal with breaking down the food. As they say, it's supposed to get rid of your toxins and heavy metals.

You are saying this is not true? On what do you base that on? Any medical studies proving your theories?

Here I found another guy doing the 3 week fast: styleforum.net/t/215210/just-finished-a-20-day-water-fast

Vision improved. Scars that he had for years all of a sudden healed and so on.

Question is, could doing a fast be benifical? And if so, maybe there is a middle ground to be found where
one is able to minimize the negatives and the risks while still get some benefits out of it? For example, only do a 5 day fast or something in
that fashion. Or how about doing a juice fast instead? In this way, you'd get all the nutrients like Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium etc.

I realize this is a steroid-forum. People are naturally going to be against anything "natural". Same when going on a "natural" forum, the people
there will be against steroids and pharmaceuticals. Can we learn from both worlds though? Maybe the truth is not either in this or that...but
something with a lot of components to it.

Lets not forget: We as humans are not made to eat food every day. That's not how we've been living for the last 2 million years.
Back in the days we often went without food for many days before we found a prey to kill. Then we ate a lot. Our genetics doesn't change
that quickly...

Last edited:
The idea that starving yourself for 21 days is ever a good thing to do is fucking moronic and not worthy of delving into any further. Frankly when I see the word "cleanse" or "toxins" I know the person I'm talking to is not worth my time because their understanding of how the human body works is so clouded by idiocy it will be a useless discussion. You have a liver and kidneys that make up the renal system, which is responsible for removing waste products, If you do anything to your body that the renal system can't handle you better get to a hospital post fucking haste or you are going to be taking the long dirt nap, no amount of water fasts, or diluted holistic nonsense is going to help you.

Everything is not taken care of by the renal system though. So maybe you're a bit quick to say that anything contradicting your knowledge in the subject matter is pure idiocy.

Did you know that most people nowadays walk around with large amounts of heavy metals (mercury etc) in their bodies that never goes away? These heavy metals causes cancer, dementia and a lot of other bad stuff. Who knows what it is doing to your hormone system?

Everything is not taken care of by the renal system though. So maybe you're a bit quick to say that anything contradicting your knowledge in the subject matter is pure idiocy.

Did you know that most people nowadays walk around with large amounts of heavy metals (mercury etc) in their bodies that never goes away? These heavy metals causes cancer, dementia and a lot of other bad stuff. Who knows what it is doing to your hormone system?

I would like to know how fasting can somehow reduce the heavy metals you speak of. The human body is an amazing machine, but I also know better than to believe everything I read on the Internet.

I think you'd be surprised at not only how holistic this community is, but educated as well.

Absolutely rediculous and unhealthy. And I dont even need to be shown any study, if there even is one, stating its safe or healthy or bemefitcial to do so because logic says its not. Your body and everthing in it NEEDS nutrients FROM FOOD to properly function. End of story.

People dont need to go to such idiotic extremes to cleans the body of harmful things. Instead they need to start eating a healthy balanced diet because anyone who thinks they probably need to do a cleanse of this nature most likely eats like complete shit.

Last edited:
Ok so its pretty well documented that intermittent fasting has been proven to have healt benefits. Fasting for longe periods of time is not safe.

I'm not liking the attitude you guys are taking with each other just because you don't agree with some thing posted. Grow up and stop being asswholes. I not impressed it doesn't take much effort to actime an ass.

Holy shit this is stupid! Has anyone ever looked at someone who practices long term fasting and said, "yeah man! I wanna look like that!" Shallow I know, but for real, aesthics are a huge portion of the draw towards AAS use. Also it's called body building for a reason. All long term fasting can accomplish is depletion of the resources the body has stored like calcium, magnesium, iron. As the body is deprived of these substances, it will strip them from bones, tendons, muscles and even organs in an effort to provide homeostasis. That is the exact opposite of bodybuilding. Fucking immature, ignorant, pompous bullshit that at best will encourage others like him to follow suit and reduce their genes from the pool. We can at least hope.

For the record, I've explored tons of "natural" methods of improving ones own health, many were bullshit, some were helpful and I kept those. I practice yoga, run to manage my blood pressure and lung capacity, grow my own wheatgrass, juice my own vegetables, compost my own soil, all of these things are solid, well researched methods for improving ones health by removing toxic elements from the diet and providing the body with the building blocks it needs to perform its best. Depriving it makes no fucking sense unless I want to burn it the fuck down.

Last edited:
Lets not forget: We as humans are not made to eat food every day. That's not how we've been living for the last 2 million years.
Back in the days we often went without food for many days before we found a prey to kill. Then we ate a lot. Our genetics doesn't change
that quickly...

This is absolute non-sense. The fact that our genetic ancestors were able to survive bouts near starvation as persistence hunters in no way equates to "we were not made to eat food every day". There is no science at all behind that statement.

Fasting CAN have amazing benefits - mostly for the mind and spirit though. A three day fast is a nice length of time to remind you how important food really is. Provided you drink plenty of water you will be fine with a three day fast. If you meditate and think about how to improve your life, etc., during that time you can leave the fast a far better person than when you entered it.

According to WebMD:

There is no good scientific evidence on exactly how long people can live before starving to death. Needless to say, that study will never be done. Examples of people on hunger strikes who continue to drink water but eat no food show that a healthy person with a normal body weight may be able to survive well over a month without food.

Survival time also depends on a person's activity level during the fast. More activity means more calories burned and fewer available for basic bodily functions.
How long can you live without food? - WebMD Answers

There are recorded cases from wars where people were imprisoned on a diet of only water for long periods of time as well and many survived. The problem is not survival, that is easy with only a three week long fast. The problem is how much damage you might do to your health during that time. Are you perfectly healthy? You will surely say yes, but how do you know? When did you last have a comprehensive blood test? When was your last EKG and ECG? When was your last routine physical? FEELING healthy and BEING healthy are not always the same thing.

I have done many single day fasts - they are not always pleasant even if you are doing them for religious reasons and therefor the denial of worldly pleasures is a good thing. I would seriously not go more than three days at a shot, with a good two weeks in between. If you DO want to go longer than three days, at least do a few three day fasts first and slowly build your way up. Let the body learn how to handle it properly over time. But always, ALWAYS, give yourself at least three times as much time between fasts as the fast was, to allow the body to replenish its stores and heal any damage which might have happened.

that quickly...

2 Million years ago humans were only 5 feet tall and died in their 30's. I wonder if that had anything to do with shitty eating habits.

Back