3J my girlfriend has a question for you! Diet related of course.

Bobbyrude

So 3J, my girlfriend knows everything I do and I've told her about this forum and people. I've told her about you, and you're informative post. Anyways she asked me to ask you a question on diet since I couldn't figure it out for her. So she is 5'4 196lbs, about a month ago when she started the serious weight loss she was 198lbs. A few months prior she started just plain dieting where she wasnt doing any exercise at all, just eating 2000 calories a day. She was at 208lbs and got down to 198bs. She stopped doing her diet and stayed the same weight till a month ago. She then got into going to the gym with one of her friends. They'd go 3-4 times a week, where they did an hr of cardio and maybe 10-20 minutes of weight lifting. She started counting her calories eating around 1600 calories instead of her 2000. She was even taking t3 at 50mcgs. During the entire month of her doing this she only went down 2lbs. She has come off the T3 now. And still going to the gym maybe 2-3 times a week now. Since she only lost 2lbs she isn't counting calories now, but she is still doing an okay diet by my eyes.

I was just confused how a girl of that weight working out,hr cardio, 3-4 times a week with t3 50mcg and eating less then 2k calories where she was losing weight stayed roughly the same weight. Please if you could, get back with me so I can inform her.

Sorry I'm no 3J... But I'll add my thoughts while you wait for the diet god to chime in :D

Was she getting enough protein?
Counting calories or macros?
Splitting up carbs and fats into seperate meals?
Has she had a proper refeed/diet break at all??? <--- thats important
Hypothyroidic possibly? I'd think the T3 would fix that... But maybe bunk T3?

My best guess would be metabolic slowdown... From being on a restricted diet too long... There are a few hormones which regulate the metabolism and will actually lower your TDEE.. The longer and the harder you diet, the quicker your TDEE will drop... If shes been doin this for long enough, chances are metabolism will have slowed so much she'd more or less be eating at maintenance. Therefore, no weight loss.

Try have her eat at her previously calculated TDEE for two weeks, make sure plenty of protein.. First few days carbs up high though. Get that metabolism working again. All meals either pro carb or pro fat, no carb and fat together.. Drop the cardio completely just light weights.

After that two weeks get her back on her calorie deficit, but have a refeed day every so often to keep metabolism upregulated.

Just my 2c bud ;)

hi... i dont know how i missed this.. next time pm me please!!

i would have to agree with prince.. sounds like her body is starving... she went from one extreme to another.. i never make my clients jump up to cardio at that level immediately.. everything has to be done slowly or issues like the one we are seeing here happen.. she needs a metabolic reset.. it means gaining a little weight believe it or not..

its either that or she's bsing you and eating crap behind your back lol.. but i doubt it with the amount of cardio she is doing
So 3J, my girlfriend knows everything I do and I've told her about this forum and people. I've told her about you, and you're informative post. Anyways she asked me to ask you a question on diet since I couldn't figure it out for her. So she is 5'4 196lbs, about a month ago when she started the serious weight loss she was 198lbs. A few months prior she started just plain dieting where she wasnt doing any exercise at all, just eating 2000 calories a day. She was at 208lbs and got down to 198bs. She stopped doing her diet and stayed the same weight till a month ago. She then got into going to the gym with one of her friends. They'd go 3-4 times a week, where they did an hr of cardio and maybe 10-20 minutes of weight lifting. She started counting her calories eating around 1600 calories instead of her 2000. She was even taking t3 at 50mcgs. During the entire month of her doing this she only went down 2lbs. She has come off the T3 now. And still going to the gym maybe 2-3 times a week now. Since she only lost 2lbs she isn't counting calories now, but she is still doing an okay diet by my eyes.

I was just confused how a girl of that weight working out,hr cardio, 3-4 times a week with t3 50mcg and eating less then 2k calories where she was losing weight stayed roughly the same weight. Please if you could, get back with me so I can inform her.

Back