3J"s Reverse Pyramid Training Philosophy

I've been with 3j for about a month now and love this program. Def starting to see growth and strength is increasing.

So on back day, how would you incorporate body weight pull ups? I0 reps is about my best with good form. I usually do 5 sets of 6-10 reps depending on where in my workout I do them, and how I feel.

Last edited:
yes its not surprising.. its a method of training that has been proven statistically

Got a question for whoever. Is it possible to work the mucsle or break it down to much in a day? How many exercises or time should you work a specific group?

Sorry I'm late to the party. I have one question. Why deadlifts last on back day? I've always done them first. TIA.

My only question is with the arm, bicept/triceps isolation excercises. With the "everyone is different" thought in mind, can't one overdue their arm with the training layout given above? If you are in fact the kind of person that may be prone to overtraining given different factors....age, stress, health, etc. Thanks.

My only question is with the arm, bicept/triceps isolation excercises. With the "everyone is different" thought in mind, can't one overdue their arm with the training layout given above? If you are in fact the kind of person that may be prone to overtraining given different factors....age, stress, health, etc. Thanks.

i dont have an issue with someone listening to their body

but the main complaint i get when someone first reads this workout is that it is too short...

in reality the system is set up to be intense with less time rest..., we are trying to damage the muscle..

so people actually end up sore when they havn't been sore for months.. clear indications of muscular damage allowing for hypertrophy

if you think the arm workout is too much, by all means do less.. listen to your body

i dont have an issue with someone listening to their body

but the main complaint i get when someone first reads this workout is that it is too short...

in reality the system is set up to be intense with less time rest..., we are trying to damage the muscle..

so people actually end up sore when they havn't been sore for months.. clear indications of muscular damage allowing for hypertrophy

if you think the arm workout is too much, by all means do less.. listen to your body

It's just for some reason my arms are the hardest to achieve growth. I've worked the he'll out of them in the past through isolation routines & didn't see much results except for some strength gains. As I've layed off them some I've noticed some size gains. I think for me personally low volume, for arms, with heavier weight is best. But I've heard of many people have success with just the opposite, high volume & lower weight. Thanks for your info 3J, I will use it.

This workout is a blend of both my man.. And remember nutrition plays a big part in growth..

Yes sir! Also seem to notice the bigger & stronger I build my legs the better overall growth I have...rest of my body. And of course eating good....yes. Squats make me eat...lol

A Few Questions

Hello,
I’m going to start 3J’s Reverse Pyramid training but I had a few questions before I begin.

Questions:

1.) How do I determine the weight for the follow up sets? I’ve read the directions for other pyramid training programs that the weight is increased by 10% for each successive set. Is that a good way to do it or is it better to make the weight whatever weight causes failure for that rep amount?

2.) When do I increase the weight for a given exercise and by how much?

Thank you in advance for any and all help it’s greatly appreciated.

Hello,
I***8217;m going to start 3J***8217;s Reverse Pyramid training but I had a few questions before I begin.

Questions:

1.) How do I determine the weight for the follow up sets? I***8217;ve read the directions for other pyramid training programs that the weight is increased by 10% for each successive set. Is that a good way to do it or is it better to make the weight whatever weight causes failure for that rep amount?

2.) When do I increase the weight for a given exercise and by how much?

Thank you in advance for any and all help it***8217;s greatly appreciated.

1. this is a process of trial and error.. if you keep a log you should be able to dial it down.. remember that all sets are to failure.. so if youre not failing at that weight you know that next time you need to go up

2. same as 1.. if you see youre not failing at the rep range, its time to go up..

1. this is a process of trial and error.. if you keep a log you should be able to dial it down.. remember that all sets are to failure.. so if youre not failing at that weight you know that next time you need to go up

2. same as 1.. if you see youre not failing at the rep range, its time to go up..

Thank you 3j for the quick reply, it's greatly appreciated. I'm also thinking about hiring you for nutrition and training but I'll email you the questions I have about that. Thank you again.

Back