4OHT Cyp Crashing--Can You Help?

josey wales

(Sorry for the long post, but I want to get this out in some detail, so the informed chemists can understand my problem fully.)

I'm attempting to make 50ml of 4OHT Cyp at 150mg per ml, but it's crashing big time. Can you help me fix it? Here is what I've done so far:

1. I started the mixture with 5% BA and 15% BB. I mixed the powder, BA, BB and oil in a vial and placed it in pot of boiling water and let it sit until the solution was a clear amber color (looked like good whiskey).

2. Then I started filtering through a .45 whatman into the sterile vial. Unfortunately, almost exactly half way through the filtering process the solution started crashing.

3. I didn't want to get stuck with a bunch of half filtered and half unfiltered solution, so I reheated the unfiltered solution, which went clear again, and then filtered the rest into the sterile vial.

4. But before I got the second half filtered, it began crashing again. So at that point I had a bunch of sludge at the bottom of the unsterile vial. Not wanting to lose that much compound, I added another 2.5ml of BB to the sludge, mixed it up and filtered that into the sterile vial also.

5. So in the end the solution in the sterile, filtered vial is ~150mg/ml at 5% BA and ~20%BB.

6. Problem though was that the solution in the sterile vial was still crashed and very cloudy.

7. To remedy that I then put the sterile vial in a pot of boiling water and let it sit until it was once again a clear amber color.

8. After that, I put in in the oven at 275 degrees. It's baking now. It's still clear, but I suspect that it will crash again as soon as it cools.

Assuming it does crash, any ideas as to how to fix it? Other than converting some fina with a kit, this is my first attempt at home brewing. I'd really appreciate the help.

if its for personal use just heat it til it clears everytime before injects.

i have never made 4oht, done a bunch, but never make it so i dont know what it takes to make it hold. couple of things though. if it crashed before you filtered it and you set on making it so it will hold then dont filter it til it holds for a few days. second try cutting it to 100mg/ml with oil and see if it holds. third dont worry about putting it in boiling water. just set the vial dirtectly on a hot plate or in a frying pan on a stove top with gas or directly on the eye if its electric. set on about medium and it will clear up quickly. aspitate it if the vial is full, with a 25g pin or so.

4oht has mild anabolic properties but is an excellent anti E. works very well in conjunction 4AD for injection.

may i ask why you chose 4oht to brew up? i wanted to brew some up but....... i never could find the powder the last few years. course i didnt look real hard but check with all my sources and none of them carried it.

if you cant get it to hold in solution you could always try the water based suspension route.

dont understand the comment about converting fina witha kit. thats got nothing to do with 4oht. unless you talking of buying a kit to make the 4oht with. if what you did dint work a fina kit aint either.

Last edited:
pullinbig said:
if its for personal use just heat it til it clears everytime before injects.

i have never made 4oht, done a bunch, but never make it so i dont know what it takes to make it hold. couple of things though. if it crashed before you filtered it and you set on making it so it will hold then dont filter it til it holds for a few days. second try cutting it to 100mg/ml with oil and see if it holds. third dont worry about putting it in boiling water. just set the vial dirtectly on a hot plate or in a frying pan on a stove top with gas or directly on the eye if its electric. set on about medium and it will clear up quickly. aspitate it if the vial is full, with a 25g pin or so.

4oht has mild anabolic properties but is an excellent anti E. works very well in conjunction 4AD for injection.

may i ask why you chose 4oht to brew up? i wanted to brew some up but....... i never could find the powder the last few years. course i didnt look real hard but check with all my sources and none of them carried it.

if you cant get it to hold in solution you could always try the water based suspension route.

dont understand the comment about converting fina witha kit. thats got nothing to do with 4oht. unless you talking of buying a kit to make the 4oht with. if what you did dint work a fina kit aint either.

Thanks for the post. I'm going to heat and bake a few more times. Maybe go up to 350 degress for a short burst. I'll do as you suggest and wait a day or so to see if it holds before filtering again.

Question for you, you stated that if the solution is for personal use, I should maybe just heat before each shot. But isn't it possible for the solution to crash in the muscle? I would think that that would hurt like hell. No?

Regarding your question about the 4oht powder, Custom Nutrition had 4oht cyp powder before the ban. Looked interesting so I picked some up. I had used Designer Supp's solution and the transdermal before and loved it.

Regarding my fina kit comment, I only mentioned that to convey my lack of experience with homebrewing. Before today's attempt, the only other thing I've done is convert fina pellets with a kit. So you could say that I don't know shit yet. I'm hoping to learn quick though.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

josey wales said:
Thanks for the post. I'm going to heat and bake a few more times. Maybe go up to 350 degress for a short burst. I'll do as you suggest and wait a day or so to see if it holds before filtering again.

Question for you, you stated that if the solution is for personal use, I should maybe just heat before each shot. But isn't it possible for the solution to crash in the muscle? I would think that that would hurt like hell. No?

Regarding your question about the 4oht powder, Custom Nutrition had 4oht cyp powder before the ban. Looked interesting so I picked some up. I had used Designer Supp's solution and the transdermal before and loved it.

Regarding my fina kit comment, I only mentioned that to convey my lack of experience with homebrewing. Before today's attempt, the only other thing I've done is convert fina pellets with a kit. So you could say that I don't know shit yet. I'm hoping to learn quick though.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

what you dont undersdtand is that its the solvent/carrier that holds a solution not the heat. you can heat that stuff til the cows come home and it aint gonna hold if it aint holding now. you understand?

all phs are hard to get into soluition cept 4ad cyp.

all solutions leave a depot after the solvents and carrier have been absorbed.

and if you put a vial in the oven at 350 the stopper will melt. dont go over 275°f. and make sure your oven is calibrated, most are off substancially.

pullinbig said:
what you dont undersdtand is that its the solvent/carrier that holds a solution not the heat. you can heat that stuff til the cows come home and it aint gonna hold if it aint holding now. you understand?

all phs are hard to get into soluition cept 4ad cyp.

all solutions leave a depot after the solvents and carrier have been absorbed.

and if you put a vial in the oven at 350 the stopper will melt. dont go over 275°f. and make sure your oven is calibrated, most are off substancially.

Thanks for the info. I get it now. I upped the BB to 30% and baked the solution at 350 degrees for 20 mins (stopper didn't melt though--too short a time) and then again at 275 degrees for 45 mins. It's holding fine now. Thanks.

josey wales said:
Thanks for the info. I get it now. I upped the BB to 30% and baked the solution at 350 degrees for 20 mins (stopper didn't melt though--too short a time) and then again at 275 degrees for 45 mins. It's holding fine now. Thanks.

275 tops bro. too hot and you'll cook your gear and then you got trash.

make sure to calibrate your oven too. those stoppers melt at about 300°f. your oven may be off.

Good advice here by PB.... let us know the outcome of your experiment... I'm interested to know if it will stay in solution.. but at 5/30, might be a pain to inject.. Suspension may have proved better on this go around...

Derek

Derek_D said:
Good advice here by PB.... let us know the outcome of your experiment... I'm interested to know if it will stay in solution.. but at 5/30, might be a pain to inject.. Suspension may have proved better on this go around...

Derek

I woke up today and there were a couple of crystals in the bottom of the vial. Nothing like before though. Looked like icicles. I heated the solution again in boiling water until the crystals dissolved and then pinned it. Didn't hurt. Still doesn't. Also, I just checked and the solution is still holding. Might have to resign myself to heating before pinning once in awhile. Thanks.

Back