5 i.u. vs 10 i.u insulin

Boore

Hi!

Some short Q's on insulin (Yes I have read the Primer, but don't kill me if I've missed something):

Why do most people do like 10 i.u. of insulin post workout?
For instance would like 5 i.u. (5'8, 160lbs) do anything for me post workout, or is that too low to do anything? Or isn't insulin dosage related to weight at all (just the amount of carbs eaten and insulin sensitivity)?

Would one have to adapt the insulin dosage if taken togehter with GH (say 2 i.u.) and orals (dbol, winny)? If so how much would the difference be?

i would say start at 5 units and work up to 10. the amount of units used also depends on the amount of carbs. to be safe, calculate 10g of carbs per unit of insulin

It is Novorapid (called Novolog in US (contains Insulin aspart)).

It is, from what I've read, the insulin with the fastest onset (~10 minutes) and clearence (~2hours).

I still haven't been given an answer to why 10i.u. is the prefered dosage?

Also what is this coummunitys opinion about the things stated about insulin on mesomorphosis by Bryan Haycock (Taken from Growing Beyond What Nature Intended Part III http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/haycock/growth-factors-03.htm)

"Form the very onset let me say that I cannot in good conscience recommend that a body builder use insulin. This trend started a few years ago when some prominent people touted insulin as the mother of all anabolic hormones. Certainly if this were the case, type-II diabetics using huge amounts of insulin would not be bulging with fat, but instead bulging with muscles. Insulin is not anabolic in adult humans Although extreme hyperinsulinemia has been shown to stimulate protein synthesis in isolated limb infusion experiments (13), these anabolic properties are ultimately the result of insulin binding to IGF-1 receptors. It was also used in a last ditch attempt to get GH to work, the rational being that maybe GH wasn’t working because of the concomitant insulin resistance. Unfortunately taking more and more insulin to combat GH induced insulin resistance leads to secondary negative side effects associated with hyperinsulinemia. Hyperinsulinemia causes the smooth muscles in your blood vessels to grow until the vessel openings become too small, predisposing yourself to a heart attack. By the way, the leading cause of death of type-II diabetics using insulin is from cardiovascular problems. In general, most bodybuilders are fooled by the tremendous increase in glycogen and water storage, making them feel "fuller". The natural insulinogenic effect of carbohydrates combined with a fast protein like whey isolate is sufficiently anabolic in high quantities to induce dramatic glucose and amino acid uptake in muscle tissue. I can’t say as though I blame people though, when the gains stop coming and you’ve just taken out a second mortgage to pay for this GH, you find yourself willing to try anything. Nonetheless, throwing caution to the wind is not the answer."

You haven't got the answer because you haven't been specific in the question until now. If your purpose is to counter-balence exoGH usage, with a very fast insulin as you just stated, then 5iu may very well be enough. If your intent is for general bulking with steroids, and a slow insulin is used, then 10iu is more likely the way to go.

I have seen similar articles. One needs only to compare the Pro's of today to those of yesterday to know that GH and insulin use makes for huge improvements in size and body comp.

ironmaster said:
I have seen similar articles. One needs only to compare the Pro's of today to those of yesterday to know that GH and insulin use makes for huge improvements in size and body comp.

Amen!!

Quick question??? how many i.u.= 1cc, since most companies advertise the i.u. amount of the serenge.... Not sure which size of surenge to buy there are several different sizes of them. I tried a quick search, but didn't see anyting?? Thanks

truck said:
Quick question??? how many i.u.= 1cc, since most companies advertise the i.u. amount of the serenge.... Not sure which size of surenge to buy there are several different sizes of them. I tried a quick search, but didn't see anyting?? Thanks

Some one correct me if I am wrong, but I think that there is no conversion from i.u. to cc. I t varies according to the type of insulin. I recently bought some Humulin-R at the grocery store pharmacy and the pharmacist gave me the correct syringe. I bought 100 unit syringes though and it is hard to measure the small amounts I need. See if they have smaller sizes if you have not bought them yet.

I seen your post you started on slin a few weeks ago, have you started it yet?

no haven't gotten started yet... I have no cash flow going yet, things are slow here. But as soon as I can afford everything I need I'll be on my way. Ok so, I look on a few diabetic sites and I still can't find anything in i.u.'s if anyone knows any sights it would be a great help. Also Is it possible to pick up pins from a local pharmacy...there is a ridaid, walmart, and a couple city markets here...I looked around didn't see any.... or are they something you have to ask for?

truck said:

Usually 1cc = 100 units. I would recommend the standard 1cc/100u syringes.

TRUCK- No offense, but you obviousely do not know what you are doing. You have no need for insulin. Insulin can and will kill you. I know someone who would love to tell you himself; but, he is dead.

Stay away from insulin until you have some knowledge of its use.

truck said:
no haven't gotten started yet... I have no cash flow going yet, things are slow here. But as soon as I can afford everything I need I'll be on my way. Ok so, I look on a few diabetic sites and I still can't find anything in i.u.'s if anyone knows any sights it would be a great help. Also Is it possible to pick up pins from a local pharmacy...there is a ridaid, walmart, and a couple city markets here...I looked around didn't see any.... or are they something you have to ask for?

I bought the Humulin-R and the syringes at Publix for $25. They kept the slin in a frig and the pins behind the counter.

ya I know absolutely nothing bud thats why I've been researching for the past two months....I figured most pins had I.U. on them, but its not adversized on sites...so I thought I'd ask a question before I went and baught the wrong thing....No offense but I have aquired a numerous amount of knowlege just go and check these boards out...my name is all over asking questions over and over...I've made sure to cover my ass and know the depth of what i'm getting into.... I have many choice words I'd like to say to you nutri-wrestler, but i'll leave it at that.... Peace out.... If and when I get started I'll keep you all informed on progress and any other questions that may arise as I'm going along... A special thanks to elijah, roadhouse, and doc banner, and everyone else who has helped be out... you guys are awsome!!!!

Back