a new NPC Competitor/ Help with a 4 days out plan please !!!

Musabz

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some clarifications about a few things!
I just competed as a novice for the first time two weeks ago and I think I looked like crap because I messed up a few things even though I researched my stuff beforehand. So now I want the input on my plan for the Saturday show based on your experience and judging from my pictures

My stats are 5'10 170lbs first thing in the morning ( I'm trying to compete in welterweight ) I will attach some pictures for you to see

I was planning on cutting my sodium ( no added salt from shaker) starting tomorrow which is Wednesday ! and I was told by my friend/coach to cut the water by 4pm and on Thursday no water after 12pm and I will rely on just the sodium already in the food ! Now as I stopped my carbs on Sunday and trained legs on Sunday and my last cardio session was on Saturday.

I'm also taking herbal diuretics ( Waterex from GNC) and along with that I added 99 mg Potassium and 1250 mg Dandelion root every three hours and still drinking about 1.5-2 gallons a day! and I think I'm pretty much depleted at this point and tomorrow is supposed to be my last day training before the show and will be doing back and triceps and then on Thursday will be cross training for 30-45 mins and then Friday will drive 4 hours to where the show is held !

Now my friend/coach wants me to stop the water in order to get all the water out before check-in/ Weigh-in on Friday evening which is from 6-9 pm and I don't know if staying in the car fro 4 hours sitting down without drinking water will cause me to retain water or not !

Now my first question is

Do I have to stop the water beginning Wednesday at 4pm then again at 12pm on Thursday ?

What's your opinion on carb loading ? when should I start ? and how much should I be taking ? I'm honestly thinking of sh*tloading to see if it would work for me so what do you guys think about that ? (My carb intake during my contest prep ranges from 50 grams to 150 grams)

The first show I went to I didn't make it to the welterweight so I came third in middle weight and second in novice! I only ate some english muffins with grape jam on top I had about 3 of those the night before the show ! then 45 mins before stage I started having rice cakes with peanut butter and honey and jam and a twix bar right before the stage ! and no water at all the day before or the day of the show

Also a question about the tanning ! Would it be better to tan Thursday night and then sleep and then tan again 3 am before the show ? or what do you think a better plan is

I will attach some pictures for you guys to judge

All comments are welcome and I appreciate the help guys thanks

Last edited:
Ill leave the comments for the guys that have competed before but ill say looking good bro nice work for your first show, what bf are you sitting at in these pics?

Ill leave the comments for the guys that have competed before but ill say looking good bro nice work for your first show, what bf are you sitting at in these pics?

Thanks bro! I actually never measured bf because I relied more on the mirror and clothes and progress pictures ! But I can definitely say that I decent body fat on me ! I was 207lbs when I started my contest prep December 1st! I'm 165.8 as of 8 am today

My frank and honest opinion is:

You look like your coming along very well. Good symmetry, wide shoulder girdle, quads are muscled evenly from top to tear drop. Being what your 1st show, I'd say you have a good/very good future in the sport. Don't let this go to your head, there are also some of constructive criticisms. As far as I can tell from the pics, you have a long torso, so I think you need to work hard on your back, especially those exercises that give the allusion of low lat tie-ins, and like nearly all young bodybuilders, bomb the crap out of your calves, they have shape, just need a bit more mass to keep symmetrical with the rest of the package.

Don't know what your ultimate goals are, but if you keep and maintain the symmetry and put on more clean mass in general, your body looks like it could handle a good bit more mass, you should do very well. No pics from the back, but looks great overall from the front.

Good luck, even though you don't need it.

Back