accident in my gym ....

T

tripz_shahab

ahh i heard this today...
there is this new guy in the gym who was doing side bents with 30 pounds adjustable dumbells{ each hand} yesterday.. and he was without shoes..
and yux he was abt to finish his side bents when suddenly one side of the adjustable dumb bell fell on his toe and crushed it.. i wasnt there in the gym at that time but i heard it was gruesome..

he was rushed to the hospital and they said that they will have to cut part of his toe :( and that poor guy is now lying in the hospital..

so the moral of this story is that...plz be very careful with weights... even if u have got arnie or ronnie`s strength..

bye
shahab

Well he does live in India, even so Im gonna agree with diesel on this one. Sounds like it woulda been bad unless you had some steel toed boots on.

nah it came apart... the gym is paying for his medical attention....

A friend of mine dropped a 45lb plate on his toe, he was wearing shoes and it didn't help. He was trying to get it off of the tree and it slipped off the peg before he got his hands on it. They stuck a 4 inch pin in his foot for a month to reset the toe.

yeh shoes dont always help.. two(lil toes) ,nest to the big toe of hsi right foot got chopped off thanx to that edgy dumbbell...
rubber coated dumbbells are the best in my opinion..u bounce them or fuck them there is no probs with it..

If any of you know enrage from the boards, he dropped a 45 lber on his toe, not sure if he was wearing shoes or not, but he destroyed his big toe, and he was gracious enough to post pics for us on anasci, lol. It was pretty discusting.

jcp2 said:
If any of you know enrage from the boards, he dropped a 45 lber on his toe, not sure if he was wearing shoes or not, but he destroyed his big toe, and he was gracious enough to post pics for us on anasci, lol. It was pretty discusting.
Thanx big man ! now i have something to envision when i am changing plates in about 1 1/2 hr s ! :laugh3:

WHen I was in high school we had extra weight benches in our locker rooms while they were refurnishing our weight room. After practice one day this long distance runner was talking about how much he could incline press. He didn't have any shoes on. He doubted he could get the 45's up so he started pull the 45's off to replace them with 25's. He didn't see the 2.5lb on the bar and when he pulled the 45 off the 2.5lb plate fell from about 4 feet square onto his little toe. It exploded.
Moral of the story. Even 2.5lbs dropped from 4' height can squash your toes. Wear shoes.

The guys toe EXPLODED gretak911?! Why did you have to say EXPLODED! I dont know if I'll be able to continue working out.... You could have just said the guy dropped the 2.5lb plate on his toe and it really messed it up or something along those lines. but damn... EXPLODED?!

Back