my friends 140 pounds and does not lift and put up 240 pounds today on bench

goingtowin

My friend is about 5'9 140 pounds and DOES NOT WORK OUT.

he kept telling me that he was joking with some people and could put up two plates on each side and I called his bluff and said bullshit..

He is a coworker of mine so I decided to call his bluff and bring him to the gym with me.. he just has a skinny athletic look.

we got on the scale and he was 141 pounds

so I got him on bench and he did it... no warm up... no nothing.. put up 240 pounds right in front of me.

how in the hell? that's like Olympian genetics is it not?! 140 pounds benching 240 WITHOUT EVEN LIFTING? LET ALONE USING GEAR?

This is not a made up story and I have no idea how he did it.. how are some people so damn gifted?

I know a guy who is 135# who is stronger than me in all lifts. He does workout though, and holds a state youth powerlifting record.

A guy I work with is 5' 7" 160 lbs and can bench on the mid 300s. Has worked out his whole life though. Many people are stronger than they should be. Where the muscle connects to the bone is different from person to person and depending on where it connects it can create a perfect leverage situation. This connection is the reason power lifters exist :) If you naturally have poor leverage you can not overcome this to compete with other power lifters

My friend is about 5'9 140 pounds and DOES NOT WORK OUT.

he kept telling me that he was joking with some people and could put up two plates on each side and I called his bluff and said bullshit..

He is a coworker of mine so I decided to call his bluff and bring him to the gym with me.. he just has a skinny athletic look.

we got on the scale and he was 141 pounds

so I got him on bench and he did it... no warm up... no nothing.. put up 240 pounds right in front of me.

how in the hell? that's like Olympian genetics is it not?! 140 pounds benching 240 WITHOUT EVEN LIFTING? LET ALONE USING GEAR?

This is not a made up story and I have no idea how he did it.. how are some people so damn gifted?
genetics.

Back