acne treatment while on aas?

Hootie

I know that most acne treatments are anti-anabolic but which ones. Is the broad spectrum antibiotic Minocycline Hydrochloride one of them? (50mg/d). What about Roaccutane (Isotretinion)? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mega Dose some B5. Definitely can get expensive but it has shown to work for many bb'ers.

Generally you should be looking to consume from as little as 3 grams a day up to as much as 8-10 grams per day. Varies depending on the individual.

I finished my bottle of B5 a few weeks ago.

All I can say is diarrhea diarrhea and more diarrhea! My stool was VERY loose the entire time on it, and now that I don't take it anymore my stool is back to "normal". Sorry for the mental picture. LOL

I took around 6-7.5g/day. I didn't really notice any change in acne sadly to say.

I have found, as well as my brother, that the B5 generally doesnt start working until about week 4. So one bottle IMO is not going to do much.

Well it was a big bottle. I started using it on March 15 (I made note of this). So it has been close to 2 months on B5. Just didn't work for me. Plus like I said, the diarrhea was untolerable after a while and I was only using 7.5g/day tops. I'm afraid what would have happened had I used 10g.

I use B5, losd up to 8 to 10gms a day, then maintenance at 3 to 4 gms a day.
As far as meds: one word, TOPICALS. Stay away form Accutane, and, if possible, oral antibiotics. Try clindamycin gel, and/or clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide gel. Also, Retin-A Micro or Differin gel. Effective, minimal toxicity.

Thanks for all the info guys, here goes the B5 and topicals! One more thing, I have found a French product called Bioderma Sebium Moussant, which is specifically designed to reduce sebium build up from a topical application (it's a special soap) - does work quite with a seriously course scrubbing brush but I dont know if you can get it over your side.

buffdoc said:
As far as meds: one word, TOPICALS. Stay away form Accutane, and, if possible, oral antibiotics.

Topicals just don't do much for me. And I can see why taking a standard dose of accutane (which for me would be 120mg ED) during a cycle with orals would be a bad idea. But what about low doses like 20mg ED? I would like to stop accutane completely because even at 20mg ED I get sides, but it is working SO much better than anything I have ever tried before that I will probably stay on it for a while.

i am currently on bactrim DS as an oral antibiotic and i am using Tazorac topically. it has done pretty good so far.

also, hit the tanning bed. i find that tanning has helped me out TREMENDOUSLY with acne.

Hootie said:
I know that most acne treatments are anti-anabolic but which ones. Is the broad spectrum antibiotic Minocycline Hydrochloride one of them? (50mg/d). What about Roaccutane (Isotretinion)? Any suggestions? Thanks.
try prime rose oil lot of bodybuilders use it!

Back