Adderall Harmful? (Prescribed)

AnonEagle

Considering getting a script for Adderall, the few times I have taken it, it has helped so much in the intellectual part of my life.

Is there any reason it would have a negative effect on gains? I have heard of appetite suppression, but that to me is not really a big deal and easily manageable. Is there anything about the stimulant nature that would hurt you, particularly while off-cycle? Similarly, any risks on-cycle?

Anyone here take it?

TYIA!

There's nothing about Adderrall that would hurt your gains (although I question using an appetite suppressant if you want to bulk).

As far as side effects:
Some people do suffer from a lack of libido due to how a stimulant like adderrall operates, this could be made worse depending on your cycle/pct.
The withdrawal symptoms when you come off it are VERY strong so if you ever stop using it, be prepared to feel like shit for a week or so.

Apart from that, it won't effect anything major :)

Agree with Rip and remember its an amphetamine. Even with a legal script coming off your gonna withdrawl for prob closer to a month

There's nothing about Adderrall that would hurt your gains (although I question using an appetite suppressant if you want to bulk).

As far as side effects:
Some people do suffer from a lack of libido due to how a stimulant like adderrall operates, this could be made worse depending on your cycle/pct.
The withdrawal symptoms when you come off it are VERY strong so if you ever stop using it, be prepared to feel like shit for a week or so.

Apart from that, it won't effect anything major :)

I very much so beg to differ. Adderall will wreack havoc on cortisol/adrenals, and this isn't even getting into the severe appetite suppression it will cause not just whilst it is still active, but during the comedown. It's not so much a matter of just eating even though you don't want to... It's the simple fact that you will not be able to get much iff any food down at all. Adderall/Dexedrine or any classical stimulant is really the worst, or one of the worst, substances to be taking if you're trying to build muscle.

You will also develop a psychological tolerance and dpendancy, psychological not physical so expect to get rebound effects is you stop using it after a while (low motivation, anhedonia AKA lack of pleasure, your appetite should rebound and you will crave junk food and salt especially and depression). Obviously the withdrawl will be more severe depending on what doses you were using, how long you were on it etc.

Also, number one fucking rule and you have been warned. I can not be more serious about this. Do not, and I mean DO NOT, under any circumstance try to get high off of it as it is a road that leads to nowhere. You will want to chase the rabbit, and it will turn into a case of chasing the rabbit blindfolded down a path you do not want to be going down.

However in saying that, I would rec. you try get the D-isomer which is Dexedrine rather than Adderall (which is a 3:4 ratio of d-isomer to l-isomer). The l-isomer is a pure norepinephrine realeaser whereas the d-isomer is a dopamine releaser. To sum it up, the d-isomer will be much smoother and easier on your body as well as not tend to give you that tweaked out feeling/anxious/dirty feeling that comes with stims. Start low, don't go taking your full prescribed dose (sometimes docs just hand out 30mg right off the bat when most people with no tolerance get high off 15mg IMO and IME. I would start real low dose, slowly up your dose as needed). You should only be after focus effects, not euphoria.

Have you ever seen a big/fat, let alone muscle bound meth or cocaine head? Hmm.

Have you ever seen a big/fat, let alone muscle bound meth or cocaine head? Hmm.

Most of your points are in agreement with mine (withdrawl symptoms, appetite suppressing being counter intuitive to bulking, etc) and I appreciate the extra level of detail you provided.

However, that last comment is plain idiotic - what meth/cocain head lifts weights? what meth/cocain head consumes a good degree of protein? what meth/contain head is on a quality bulking cycle with adequate caloric intake? What meth/cocaine head is remotely bothered about building muscle?

It annoys me when ridiculous comparisons like this are made, its the same story when it comes to comparing distance runners to sprinters & claiming too much cardio causes you to look like a distance runner.

Yea...nothing to do with the fact that they dont lift heavy, consume enough protein, overeat carbs AND are on different drugs.
No...must be the distance running :)

I was actually a pretty big cokehead on college and usually sat about 205 at 12%bf back then at 5`9". Was alot better off after i stopped though, but was still put together better than most people

Arron if you need it then use it don't abuse it. These guys haven't used it before or they would know after a week or so the apatite suppression goes away. I will tell you to make sure you supplement potassium and watch your water intake. Making sure you drink enough water will be a challenge. Many have used Adderal while on cycle.

Arron if you need it then use it don't abuse it. These guys haven't used it before or they would know after a week or so the apatite suppression goes away. I will tell you to make sure you supplement potassium and watch your water intake. Making sure you drink enough water will be a challenge. Many have used Adderal while on cycle.

True.

Stay the fuck Away from zoloft or any ssri. Diff class of drug but just wanted to throw that out tjere. They will zapp the life out if u and fuck with ur dick.

I remember in my nuero drug addiction class they talked about adderall and I am prescribed it for my ADHD (I've actually be test....didn't just make it up lol). And if you take a high dosage enough for a long enough time it can decrease your test level but it is only bad for young kids before hitting puberty. After that you are fine. Also if taken back to back for long enough it can make your testis shrink a bit.

I found this effect to never subside, yes I have used before (yes, daily).

10mgX3 a day. No problems with appetite at all lol. But I have been on some type of ADHD med since the age of 11. Maybe thats why I ended up on trt who the hell knows but if youbuse it as prescribed u will be fine.

I remember in my nuero drug addiction class they talked about adderall and I am prescribed it for my ADHD (I've actually be test....didn't just make it up lol). And if you take a high dosage enough for a long enough time it can decrease your test level but it is only bad for young kids before hitting puberty. After that you are fine. Also if taken back to back for long enough it can make your testis shrink a bit.

I've always found ADHD to be a complete bullshit disorder. At least for children; I've taken the test as well, and I've read all the "Warning signs", and they describe 99.9% of the U.S population, especially pubertal teenage males .

I personally would avoid Adderal given it's part of the Amphetamine/Methamphetamine (depending on brand) family. I would substitute with a more safer stimulant like Pseudoephedrine if all you're looking for is that mental focus aid. I guess Adderal I just find scary given it's borderline meth and has been linked to neurological damage.

I've always found ADHD to be a complete bullshit disorder. At least for children; I've taken the test as well, and I've read all the "Warning signs", and they describe 99.9% of the U.S population, especially pubertal teenage males .

I personally would avoid Adderal given it's part of the Amphetamine/Methamphetamine (depending on brand) family. I would substitute with a more safer stimulant like Pseudoephedrine if all you're looking for is that mental focus aid. I guess Adderal I just find scary given it's borderline meth and has been linked to neurological damage.

False. What you really mean is ADHD is an over-diagnosed disorder, but it is a legitimate disorder. Before anyone comes in saying I don't know shit, I can tell you now I know a hell of a lot more than all of you's combined on the topic of ADHD alone as well as Stimulants and their Pharmacology.

ADHD is not something you grow out of either, it pisses me off when I hear people say they "grew out of their ADHD" or they "developed it later in life"... both are bullshit and it may have been you never had ADHD or you learned to cope with it/came up with coping mechanisms or you simply were unaware of it until later in life or you have developed another mental health issue/have a hormonal imbalance that has symptoms that coincide with ADHD.

Everyone has ADHD symptoms to an extent, doesn't mean you have ADHD if you can't stay on focus to your homework or to a task (the major symptom), because you just choose not to. ADHD would be when no matter what, you can not keep your attention controlled, it's not just a lack of focus and hyperactivity, it's a lack of being able to control your focus and attention (classical primary sypmtom being attention flicks between topics/tasks/activities etc ie playing handball with a friend and just pissing off to go get a drink, then going inside to play a video game while ordering a pizza and going out to cook something then play a video game then back to handball then you decide to leave the house and go to micky d's no subway, no kfc no il go to my friends house...you get the jist?).

If you truly have ADHD and require a stimulant to medicate it I am by all means for that and believe in it 110%, if you truly have ADHD, a stimulant medication like Adderall (most common in the US), even better Dexedrine (pure d-amphetamine, no l-isomer which is essentially all sides however some ADHD people will respond better to the mixed isomer combo but most will report much smoother effects/reduced sides from the d-isomer only. It's just harder to get because it is in a abusable-sense much more euphoric with less sides). Desoxyn, yes that is pure d-methamphetamine is the king of ADHD medication and if you truly have ADHD this is the gold standard.

Before any of you go, oh no meth or amphetamine is speed, it must be bad oh no. No, sorry, but shut the fuck up because you are now apart of the same group of people who go, oh no, steroids/TRT are bad. Why? Because you believe the media/stigma going around. Get with it fellas. Desoxyn is the ultimate ADHD medication, even better than Adderall/Dexedrine and almost every ADHD user reports it to be almost if not completely side effect free. Problem being that it is meth and can be abused, however someone with true ADHD will not be abusing that if they care about their livelihood. People tend to forget drugs of abuse are actually legitimate medications.

Examples (and you can look these up. Consider yourself as bad as the idiot sheep who believe steroids are bad if you can't find the time to research or at the very least read the below examples.)

Amphetamine/Methamphetamine - On one hand it is a potent, psychologically addictive, neurotoxic substance yet when used properly in therapeutic doses and if your truly have ADHD is a safe medication.

Opiates - aka Codeine. Oxycodone, Mophine and yes, you guessed it, Heroin. All physically and psychosocially addictive/high potential for abuse substances yet when used properly are powerful analgesics (pain killers).

Ketamine - A powerful NMDA antagonist which causes dissociative effects, yet sub-threshold doses have been proven to alleviate depression for upto a week in people with treatment resistant depression.

MDMA - aka Ecstasy, a potent serotonin releaser (too a much milder extent dopamine/adrenaline releaser, yes it is a stimulant), non-addictive (habit forming, yes I can agree with that in some cases) yet in the field of psychotherapy is worth 1000x more it's weight in gold in treating specifically Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder and some other mood disorders.

Cannabis - Get's you high. Yet that high is what the world is now waking up to and realising it is an excellent non-addicitve alternative drug to opiates for it's analgesic effect (keep in mind, whenever you take acetaminophen aka Tylenol a metabolite in it is a cannabinoid, anandamide to be specific), can be used and is used by people suffering from wasting diesease ie HIV/AIDS/chemo patients to stimulate appetite, is a powerful mood-stabiliser in people with bipolar, has been shown to be a potent anti-oxidant, is a better alternative to benzodiazepines for sleep-inducing... I could sit here all day.

Now here is one we can all relate to understanding...

AAS- No explanation needed as we all already know this one, so don't be an ignorant sheep and appreciate the fact that substances do have their place.

Anyway back to the topic not only that, but if you have true ADHD more often than not you will not be able to get high off of classical stimulants no matter how much you take so you shouldn't have a problem with abusing it if you did try to anyway. This is know as the paradoxical ADHD reaction in which stimulants will have the reverse effect and just give a zen-like focus and nothing more. The whole neurotoxicity thing with classical dopaminergic stimulants is next to no concern in people with ADHD. IF you have true ADHD and take stimulant medication daily, never upping the dose to get high then neurotoxicity is not a concern and your body will eventually adapt to most of the sides that stims give leaving the desired effect of a zen-like (or what a normal person would call normal focus) focus/calmness and ability to control your attention/focus however you may please. Neurotoxicity is a concern with people abusing or using high amounts of dopaminergic releasers.

Ignorance isn't bliss. It's fucking annoying.

Last edited:
Is there any reason it would have a negative effect on gains? I have heard of appetite suppression​

I used to be on methylphenidate @ 10mg/3x daily and I never had any probs

I lost 5 lbs and gained 20 on my bench in 1 week naturally while on it last year

I've always had a voracious appetite though so I think it depends on the person-​

Cannabis - Get's you high. Yet that high is what the world is now waking up to and realising it is an excellent non-addicitve alternative drug to opiates for it's analgesic effect (keep in mind, whenever you take acetaminophen aka Tylenol a metabolite in it is a cannabinoid, anandamide to be specific), can be used and is used by people suffering from wasting diesease ie HIV/AIDS/chemo patients to stimulate appetite, is a powerful mood-stabiliser in people with bipolar, has been shown to be a potent anti-oxidant, is a better alternative to benzodiazepines for sleep-inducing... I could sit here all day.

I don't use, nor have I ever but I love defending what's right, checkout this graphic:

apcnr6.png

Checkout Change.org, best use of your time online

Concerta (Ritilin) is a better option than Adderall for ADHD as well. There are a lot of studies out there showing that Methylphenidate in prescribed doses is actually neuroprotective and won't deplete dopamine like addrerall will. Either way, as the above has said, usuing these drugs as a non-ADHD individual will only result in quick tolerance and a lack of motivation/drive. Basically, it'll be good for about a week if you're lucky until your brain catches up and down-regulates DA receptors.

One thing you have to remember is don't become dependent on Adderall for focus or later on down the line it will hurt your workouts. If you can't focus without it its going to slow gains down. You got to have focus.

One thing you have to remember is don't become dependent on Adderall for focus or later on down the line it will hurt your workouts. If you can't focus without it its going to slow gains down. You got to have focus.

This is absolutely truth. Not only will you lose focus but you'll lose the ability to be aggressive towards the weights in the gym...

Back