Adipotide The New Peptide Fat Burner

Ok, reading through this thread I have some questions for anyone who may know the answers. I tried to research them myself but got frazzled by all the crap the searched returned or by the lack of info on the FDA websites.

From what I understand the FDA does not regulate peptides. So why would the researchers need FDA approval? Once it's FDA approved does it become to be considered a "drug"? Couldn't they just sell liscenses to labs and make a ton of money without FDA approval? The potential market for something like this is huge so why would anyone want FDA approval/regulation? Does FDA approval provide some type of protection from litigation? Sorry, I am just trying to figure out why the patent holders wouldn't just skip FDA approval and all the money it takes to get it and just liscense it to be sold to the public?

From my calculations I need around 915 mg to run this for a month according to the math presented. You would definitely need to be able to buy this a gram at a time.

Question for dbrown- If the amount administered on a daily basis is based on body weight which is expected to decrease, would the dosage then need to decrease commensurately?

Found this while googling around this morning:
Arrowhead Announces FDA Clearance To Initiate Adipotide Phase I Clinical Trial

No because most of the weight lost come well after the peptide has stopped being administered

Ok, reading through this thread I have some questions for anyone who may know the answers. I tried to research them myself but got frazzled by all the crap the searched returned or by the lack of info on the FDA websites.

From what I understand the FDA does not regulate peptides. So why would the researchers need FDA approval? Once it's FDA approved does it become to be considered a "drug"? Couldn't they just sell liscenses to labs and make a ton of money without FDA approval? The potential market for something like this is huge so why would anyone want FDA approval/regulation? Does FDA approval provide some type of protection from litigation? Sorry, I am just trying to figure out why the patent holders wouldn't just skip FDA approval and all the money it takes to get it and just liscense it to be sold to the public?

You clearly not understanding what going on . I think you need to be carefully about anything and everything you are considering. You have no research back round. Don't be a danger to your health. Life is too short.

From my calculations I need around 915 mg to run this for a month according to the math presented. You would definitely need to be able to buy this a gram at a time.

Question for dbrown- If the amount administered on a daily basis is based on body weight which is expected to decrease, would the dosage then need to decrease commensurately?

Hi Durst;

Yes, but since your body mass will only drop 10-15% over the course of the treatment, the drop in daily dosage will be 15% max. Its such a small difference that I don't see a need to make this compensation.

Dan

Thanks for the answers DPR and dbrown.

I sent a message over to GWP asking what amount this will be offered in and a ballpark price tag. We'll see how this goes!

Thanks for the answers DPR and dbrown.

I sent a message over to GWP asking what amount this will be offered in and a ballpark price tag. We'll see how this goes!

You can get 1 gram of 98% pure peptide with the correct modification from a reputable peptide synthesis lab for $6000.

They provide the HPLC and mass spec data proving that it is pure and correctly modified.

The cost per treatment will drop substantially if you order 10 grams, or 30 grams, or even 100 grams. The most cost efficient way to do it is for a number of people interested in trying adipotide to buy a bulk order together and split the cost. This way the cost could come down to about 2000 dollars per treatment, which is what I estimate the cost of the FDA approved treatment to be in 8-10 years.

Dan

Holy smokes.

Even at the 'discounted' cost it is highly cost prohibitive. A 100 gram order would be half a million dollars at least....I can't see that they would knock off more than 100k even when ordering in bulk.

We should have talked about the price of this stuff first lol

Didn't someone earlier in this thread say that $10,000 would get you one kilo of the stuff? So, if 1000 people signed up, everyone could have a gram for $10. $2000 sounds high; I was ready to spring $200 for a gram, but not $2000.

You can get 1 gram of 98% pure peptide with the correct modification from a reputable peptide synthesis lab for $6000.

They provide the HPLC and mass spec data proving that it is pure and correctly modified.

The cost per treatment will drop substantially if you order 10 grams, or 30 grams, or even 100 grams. The most cost efficient way to do it is for a number of people interested in trying adipotide to buy a bulk order together and split the cost. This way the cost could come down to about 2000 dollars per treatment, which is what I estimate the cost of the FDA approved treatment to be in 8-10 years.

Dan

Holy smokes.

Even at the 'discounted' cost it is highly cost prohibitive. A 100 gram order would be half a million dollars at least....I can't see that they would knock off more than 100k even when ordering in bulk.

We should have talked about the price of this stuff first lol

When I say the cost is $6000 for 1 gram, this is because it is a custom synthesis and is purified to 98%+, and is provided as the acetate salt (the safest for consumption).

The cost for 100 grams will not be $600,000. It will be far less. Maybe as low as $100,000. It is easy to scale up peptide synthesis and the biggest cost of making a peptide is in labor, which scales well.

Hopefully GWP is making a kilo of the stuff and can sell it for less than $1000 per gram. We will see. -Dan

Didn't someone earlier in this thread say that $10,000 would get you one kilo of the stuff? So, if 1000 people signed up, everyone could have a gram for $10. $2000 sounds high; I was ready to spring $200 for a gram, but not $2000.

It all depends on the scale of synthesis. When drug companies make peptides they make kilogram batches, so the cost per gram can be just a few dollars.

The reason 1 gram made today for anyone who wants it is $6000 is because this is a single gram made as a custom synthesis.

Dan

This is what I'm hoping for. I'd happily pay $750 a gram. Not so happily pay $1000.

Just make absolutely sure that GWP is making the adipotide and not some useless peptide. Adipotide has the sequence

CKGGRAKDCGGklaklakklaklak

but this is not enough. The peptide must be cyclized using the 2 cysteines (the Cs in the sequence) at positions 1 and 9 and this requires more work. Without the cyclization the peptide will rapidly be degraded by proteases in the blood and will be useless. You will need hundreds of times more peptide if it is not cyclized and this is a no-starter. GWP claims that they provide mass spectrometry results on all of their peptides which can be used to determine if the correct cyclization has been done. The cyclization will reduce the mass of the peptide by exactly 2 Daltons because 2 hydrogen atoms are released when the sulfurs in the cysteines bond.

The monoisotopic mass of the cyclized peptide is 2553.514 Daltons and can be verified by any lab that has a mass spectrometer. So if GWP starts selling adipotide, you can be sure that I will buy some and check the mass myself and post it here. Even though GWP sells their peptides for research purposes only, this community cannot tolerate anyone selling a peptide as "adipotide" unless it has the same chemistry as the adipotide peptide decribed in the literature, which as we all know showed spectacular weight loss in Rhesus monkeys.

Two further points:

For human consumption, the peptide should also be purified to 98%+ (the purer the better for obvious reasons, and all serious peptide labs can purify to +98%) and should be delivered as the acetate salt. Acetate is the same as vinegar (acetic acid) and is safer thn the alternative counter ions such as TFA and HCl.

-Dan

[ The cost for 100 grams will not be $600,000. It will be far less. Maybe as low as $100,000. It is easy to scale up peptide synthesis and the biggest cost of making a peptide is in labor, which scales well. ]

I have now received a number of quotes from peptide labs for 100 g of adipotide. The lowest bid was for $210,000. Sorry folks, this is not a treatment for those on a budget. Even if 100 people agree to buy it together and split the cost, it will be $2,100 per treatment. Peptides are not as cheap as I thought, even when made in bulk. Once Adipotide is FDA approved, it will also cost thousands of dollars per treatment because it is patented in the US, Canada, and the EU and you can expect Ablaris (the licensee of the patent owned by the University of Texas) to demand a very hefty markup.

If you really want to try this potential wonder drug, you had better start saving your money now. GWP might actually start selling adipotide with the correct modification, but I don't see how they can sell the 1 gram or so needed for a treatment for less than $2,000. Even if they have it made in China or India at low purity for $1,000 per gram, GWP will still need to make a profit.

-Dan

I'd pay $1000 for a gram

I've been reading about this since 2004. It originally came out in an article titled "Blob Busting Peptide" or something like that. I read everything i could find and it seemed like a dead end when it came to the trials on primates...

I was excited to learn that the primate trials were successful.

dBrown, thank you for all the information. You have answered so many dosage/method questions. I really struggled (without luck) to learn a lot of that stuff on my own.

Now I always get my micrograms, miligrams and grams confused, but I believe great White is selling 5 milligrams for $75. I did some informal calculations based on this thread and figured I'd have to buy 150 bottles at $75... just over $10,000 to buy the correct dosage from Great White.

I kow that is expensive, but my job requires that I weigh under a certain amount to remain employed. So I am looking for pricing alternatives. It is worth a great deal to me.

A "treatment cost" in the range $1-2K is not much of an issue, IF you consider that is the entire cost. Honestly, for the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) guys, if you add up the cost of test +ancillaries, this amount looks quite reasonable if it's something done <annually.

A "treatment cost" in the range $1-2K is not much of an issue, IF you consider that is the entire cost. Honestly, for the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) guys, if you add up the cost of test +ancillaries, this amount looks quite reasonable if it's something done <annually.

TRT cost less than $100 a month

Just putting the cost in perspective. For example the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) cost for the basics easily runs $100+/month (although ymmv depending on the source/purity of the materials ). Then there's the extensive lab work costs (again, depends on the person) and any Dr's fees. Realistically, I probably spend well over $2K/year.

It really depends on what you're using this for. If you're using it for a cycle, then yeah, it's going to be prohibitively expensive. If you're using it once every few years to try and reset to a lower BMI and reduce the number of fat cells in your body, then it's probably worth looking in to.

Now I always get my micrograms, miligrams and grams confused, but I believe great White is selling 5 milligrams for $75. I did some informal calculations based on this thread and figured I'd have to buy 150 bottles at $75... just over $10,000 to buy the correct dosage from Great White.""

Dear TXM: I checked GWP and sure enough they are selling it, see

greatwhitepeptides.com/peptides/prohibitin-targeting-peptide-1.html

The price is $75 for 5 mg, or $15,000 per gram!!!!! This is 2.5 times more than what I just paid for 1 gram, and I know mine is made correctly. Good luck losing weight with GWPs peptide, and make sure it has the correct modification I mentioned.

A company like GWP can order the peptide at a scale much larger than an individual. As I mentioned, I can get 100 g for $210,000, or $2,100 per gram, or $10.50 per 5 mg. GWP can easily order 100 g for $2,100 per gram, so GWP is marking up their product by 75/10.5 or 7.14 fold, or 700%. Not a bad profit!

Dan

Last edited:
Back