Advice for first time clen user

turd_ferguson

Hey guys, I have been reading alot on here the last few days and I just ordered some RUI liquid Clen. I anticipate starting up with it within two weeks. My background:

6'2"
225 lbs
33 years old
Been weight training for 15+ years.
I don't want to put on any muscle and wouldn't even mind getting a little smaller if it meant more lean.
Not sure on body fat but I attached a pic.
Never used anything that couldn't be bought over the counter in the US.
Had good results with ECA stack while in college.
Drink about 32 oz of coffee per day.

I play beach volleyball at a high level (they don't drug test) and I am trying to cut weight before the season starts in May. I had a big injury that required surgery 9 months ago and I gained 25 pounds afterward. I have lost about 10 already but want to get to about 210 for the season.

My questions:

1. I gather from the board that I should be taking a taurine and potassium supplement. What dosages?

2. I have read that the dangers of clen are cardiac related. Should I be worried about playing in the heat while on it?

3. If I want to peak by May first, when should I start? I am planning on going with the 2 weeks on, two weeks off approach I have read about on here.

4. What happens during the two weeks off? Does your metabolism slow? Do you lose energy?

5. What are your recommendations for monitoring blood pressure and heart rate?

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:
Additional question. I just go the stuff and it came with a dropper. Do I just drop the stuff into my mouth or mix it with some type of liquid?

Making adjustments to your diet/cardio is better than running clen. you will see more results that way and there are no sides.

Clen/t3 should really only be used after you have substantially reduced your calories, are performing high levels of cardio 6 days a wk and you hit a plateau. When you do take clen, just do the 3 days on, 1-2 days off cycle. I wouldn't go above 100mcgs/day. You should start with 20mcg for a few days and work your way up in 20mcg increments.

If the dropper has dosages on it, just drop the liquid in your mouth.

Making adjustments to your diet/cardio is better than running clen. you will see more results that way and there are no sides.

Clen/t3 should really only be used after you have substantially reduced your calories, are performing high levels of cardio 6 days a wk and you hit a plateau. When you do take clen, just do the 3 days on, 1-2 days off cycle. I wouldn't go above 100mcgs/day. You should start with 20mcg for a few days and work your way up in 20mcg increments.

If the dropper has dosages on it, just drop the liquid in your mouth.

Thanks for the input man. I have been going with a pretty clean diet for the last 2 months and training 6 days a week, with 2-3 of those days including intense cardio. Part of my problem is that I have a very demanding job and a one year old and I can't spend 3 hours in the gym every day (i usually get 3 one hours sessions and 3 two hours sessions a week), so I am admittedly looking for a short cut. This injury kept me out all of last year and I want to get to May in the best shape I can be in.

What are the benefits of the 3 day on, two days off approach as opposed to the 2 weeks/2 weeks approach?

Ok, I guess I will help you out.

First, you need to figure out your BMR (do a google search, there is a ton of calculators out there)

Take BMI X 7(days) = Total Calories Per week.

Too lose 1 pound a week, you need to reduce calories by 3500.

Ok, my BMR is 2012 calories per day. (round up or down too the nearest 100)

2000 X 7 days = 14,000

Now, I want to lose 1pound per week so:

14,000 - 3500 = 10,500

10,500 / 7 = 1500 calories per day

So, my new calorie intake will be 1500 per day, in order to lose 1 pound give or take a week.

** I would redo these calculations once a month, as your BMR will change as you lose weight

Ok, sorry, I had to put you through that, just to show you, it's more then just eating clean, it really has to do with your calories in vs out.

Get a handle on this concept alone, and you will never question why you aren't losing bf again.

Now, too your clen questions

1. I am not sure if there is a set dose for Taurine and potassium. If your getting cramps, take taurine and potassium till your not, lots of water too.

2. Again, make sure you not dehydrated, drink lots of water. If your feeling light headed, dizzy, etc, take it easy.

3. Start now

4. On your 2 weeks off you can use ECA, or nothing, it's up too you. I think like ECA, when you stop, you feel low energy for a few days, that come back to normal.

5. How close do you want to monitor this? If closely talk to your Dr, if you just wanna wing it, goto the pharm and use the BP machine.

I think if you aim for 1 pound of fat lose per week, with the clen, you will be quite happy. Let us know how it works out.

First, you need to figure out your BMR (do a google search, there is a ton of calculators out there)

2000 X 7 days = 14,000

14,000 - 3500 = 10,500

So, my new calorie intake will be 1500 per day, in order to lose 1 pound give or take a week.

** I would redo these calculations once a month, as your BMR will change as you lose weight

Ok, sorry, I had to put you through that, just to show you, it's more then just eating clean, it really has to do with your calories in vs out.

Get a handle on this concept alone, and you will never question why you aren't losing bf again.

1. I am not sure if there is a set dose for Taurine and potassium. If your getting cramps, take taurine and potassium till your not, lots of water too.

2. Again, make sure you not dehydrated, drink lots of water. If your feeling light headed, dizzy, etc, take it easy.

3. Start now

4. On your 2 weeks off you can use ECA, or nothing, it's up too you. I think like ECA, when you stop, you feel low energy for a few days, that come back to normal.

5. How close do you want to monitor this? If closely talk to your Dr, if you just wanna wing it, goto the pharm and use the BP machine.

I think if you aim for 1 pound of fat lose per week, with the clen, you will be quite happy. Let us know how it works out.

Great explanation, thanks for taking the time. I will update for sure.

2000 X 7 days = 14,000

14,000 - 3500 = 10,500

3. Start now

Im actually on day 3 of club- pump.
Im doing cardio 2 days a day: morning cardio is normal 45-50 min = 5k 650 cals... Eveneing is roughly the same and thats not even including my weight training which is Circuit training... example.. Today I did Legs( 5 works outs, 4 sets each) Bis- same amount of work outs and sets...

How would I calculate my BMI for that?
Before I started my clen, I was doing straight clean diet with 30% carbs 40% Pro 30$ fat( good quality food no shit processed greezy crap) All home made! I was eating about 2300-2400 cals a day to lose weight- I believe to maintain it was around 2700-2800

Since then I have increased my Protein since clen is known for burning right threw it. My carbs and fat have remained the same. Should I be reducing my cal intake?

Update:

I decided to go forward with the clen cycle on the 2 weeks/ 2 weeks program. Today is my 4th day and I progressed with 20, 40, 60, 80 thus far. I have had very little in terms of sides although I did notice the beginnings of a headache after taking it this morning. Planning to go to 100 tommorrow and see how I feel.

I have been taking 3 grams of Tuarine and 1 g of potassium a day but I upped the tuarine to 4g today as I had cramping in my sleep last night after an intense workout. No problems at all with sleep other than the fact that I am sweating more.

I saw my doctor today and my BP and heart rate were normal. (almost the same as my last appt.) Had a conversation with him about it, and he said "obviously, I HAVE to tell you to be careful. Honestly, there are a lot of worse thigns you could be doing, it's a beta agonist, you will be fine".

I am going to wait until I am a week in before weighing myself and I will post a pic then as well.

Im actually on day 3 of club- pump.
Im doing cardio 2 days a day: morning cardio is normal 45-50 min = 5k 650 cals... Eveneing is roughly the same and thats not even including my weight training which is Circuit training... example.. Today I did Legs( 5 works outs, 4 sets each) Bis- same amount of work outs and sets...

How would I calculate my BMI for that?
Before I started my clen, I was doing straight clean diet with 30% carbs 40% Pro 30$ fat( good quality food no shit processed greezy crap) All home made! I was eating about 2300-2400 cals a day to lose weight- I believe to maintain it was around 2700-2800

Since then I have increased my Protein since clen is known for burning right threw it. My carbs and fat have remained the same. Should I be reducing my cal intake?

It really is personal preference. Just always remember the golden rule. Burn more calories then you consumer = weight loss.

I don't like to go ape shit on cardio to burn my calories, cause:
1. I am a lazy mother fucker
2. The more cardio I do, the hungrier I get.

A couple key points to keep in mind as well. We tend to over calculate how many calories we burn doing cardio and we tend to under estimate how many calories we eat. So keep a close eye on that.

Now, you can burn more 2-3pounds a week, if you are above lets say 15% body fat. But once you start to get down to the lower numbers you have to stick to 1-2pounds, or you will start to burn muscle as well.

As for Clen, it is basically a thermogenic much like ECA, with some anti-catabolic properties, so no, it's doesn't "burn threw your muscle"

Just to point out 1 more thing, the human body is designed to preserve your muscle, not eat it up as you as you go on a calorie deficit. This only comes into play, when you start to get really low on your BF%, then it starts to take from the muscles as well. But really, the last thing your body wants to do it, use your muscles as fuel, that's why your body stores fat, to use for fuel when there is no food.

Still don't believe me, watch a season of Survivor, those guys and girls have to be eating 800 or less calories a day for 39 days, when they are done, they are usually pretty ripped up, with a very little BF%, not the other way around.

Update:

I decided to go forward with the clen cycle on the 2 weeks/ 2 weeks program. Today is my 4th day and I progressed with 20, 40, 60, 80 thus far. I have had very little in terms of sides although I did notice the beginnings of a headache after taking it this morning. Planning to go to 100 tommorrow and see how I feel.

I have been taking 3 grams of Tuarine and 1 g of potassium a day but I upped the tuarine to 4g today as I had cramping in my sleep last night after an intense workout. No problems at all with sleep other than the fact that I am sweating more.

I saw my doctor today and my BP and heart rate were normal. (almost the same as my last appt.) Had a conversation with him about it, and he said "obviously, I HAVE to tell you to be careful. Honestly, there are a lot of worse thigns you could be doing, it's a beta agonist, you will be fine".

I am going to wait until I am a week in before weighing myself and I will post a pic then as well.

What is your BMR, and how have you constricted your calories? These are the determining factors to weight loss.

Clen is not the magic pill, it is just a tool in the weight loss battle.

What is your BMR, and how have you constricted your calories? These are the determining factors to weight loss.

Clen is not the magic pill, it is just a tool in the weight loss battle.

I used the google calculator and it said my BMR was 2100 and that I burn between 3200 and 3700 claories a day depending on activity. I have been taking in about 2200-2500 in the last 4 days.

I used the google calculator and it said my BMR was 2100 and that I burn between 3200 and 3700 claories a day depending on activity. I have been taking in about 2200-2500 in the last 4 days.

Ok, if your BMR is 2100, that is how many calories you burn a day. Don't add on your cardio and all that shit.

So, from what I see, your eating too much, and trying to do all your calorie burning from cardio, just doesn't seem to work, trust me.

Cut 7000 calories from your weekly allowance for 2 weeks, then come back here and tell me you have a problem losing BF. That you need some sort of supplement, and you need to do 5hours+ of cardio. It will all be out the window.

So far my dosing has been:

Still not feeling the sides at 120 but I am hesitant to go higher. Maybe I will try 140 tommorrow.

Guys What are mcg?? and how would you measure that? I only have a syringe (without needle) but its in mL so how much mL is 20mcg worth??
AND
When I lift heavy, for instance while Im doing my deadlifts at max weights, usally after my 2nd set I get really light headed and my heart is PUMPING HARD so I always focus on my breathing...Will clen make this worse? Im scared I might faint while doing my deadlifts lol.

Guys What are mcg?? and how would you measure that? I only have a syringe (without needle) but its in mL so how much mL is 20mcg worth??
AND
When I lift heavy, for instance while Im doing my deadlifts at max weights, usally after my 2nd set I get really light headed and my heart is PUMPING HARD so I always focus on my breathing...Will clen make this worse? Im scared I might faint while doing my deadlifts lol.

One thing that I have noticed, other than sweating and increased bodytemperature, is that when I am lying down or sitting for a while and get up, I get a little more dizzy/lightheaded than I normally would. I have not noticed anything with the shaking hands or racing heartbeat however, and I went to the doctor 5 days in to check everything.

Keep inmind however that I was drinking a minimum of 4 cups of coffee a day before starting this, so I am probably stim-resistant.

New Question guys:

Some have recommended using ECA stack durign the two weeks off. Do you start it immediately on your first day off or wait a few days? I have read that clen will stay in your body for 5 days, is it necessary to wait?

Another Q: Does taking clen alone burn muscle?? I'm on a very low calorie diet as well...
hope it doesn't :( even though my main goal atm is losing some serious body fat

Guys What are mcg?? and how would you measure that? I only have a syringe (without needle) but its in mL so how much mL is 20mcg worth?

By far, one of the most piercing questions I've seen yet!

Mcg stands for microgram, which is a millionth of a gram.
Mg stands for milligram, which is a thousandth of a gram.
1ml equals to 1cc.

Given this, in a typical 3cc syringe, you can load up to 750mg (3 quarters of a gram) of let say testosterone. So how would you fit 20mcg into this typical syringe? Well, you got to pretty much use a very special needle that scientists use to extract the nucleus from a cell in order to draw up 20mcg of a compound and insert it into the aforementioned 3cc syringe. In other word, you DON’T! 20mcg comes in oral form, no injection necessary.

Back