After you mix your protein, how long is it good for?

duey

awesome!!
How long is a shake good for after it has been mixed? I drink mine right after. But a buddy told me today he mixes one in the morning and sometimes drinks it two hrs later. I told him i didnt think the protein would do much good that long after but i would find out. So what ya think?

How long is a shake good for after it has been mixed? I drink mine right after. But a buddy told me today he mixes one in the morning and sometimes drinks it two hrs later. I told him i didnt think the protein would do much good that long after but i would find out. So what ya think?

Where would the protein go? Of course it's still good. There's an expiry date on your protein tub, if you add extras just keep refrigerated like anything else.... Fuck freeze em for months.

Two hours later is just fine. Even 12 hours is gtg. I have heard the rumor that you can't leave it for over 24 hours before it starts to breakdown but I don't know if this is true. I am pretty sure that heat will break down the proteins in things like whey. I am not sure if this was a big help or not. But if you make it that day and drink it that day you will be fine, it still will be good. Shouldn't really be much of a need to leave it any longer than that anyway.

for some reason i thought i had read on here the protein starts breaking down
as soon as you mix it. and thats why not to let it set to long. oh well maybe not.

Back