Ah. got my supplies...

outlawtas

Got my supplies in today...BA, BB, EO, 100ml bottles, 5cc syringes, those long tube things (forgot what their called :)), whatmans, syringes, sealed vials, dropper vials. I think I'm good to go, now I just have to wait for the other supplies :druggie:

Unfortunately I cut the shit outta my finger opening this stuff, no band aids either.

Looks like someones going to have some fun!

I've fucking gashed my fingers before when taking the aluminum seal off of a vial. Shit sucks. Dont get any BA in that cut my GOD.

One time I was doing a conversion and got some ba/bb on my fingers. A couple minutes go by and I decided to rub my eyes. Worst decision ever.

DougoeFre5h said:
One time I was doing a conversion and got some ba/bb on my fingers. A couple minutes go by and I decided to rub my eyes. Worst decision ever.

lol I'll watch out for that...I did something similarly stupid, when I cut myself I shook my finger a few times and got blood spattered from one end of the kitchen to the other.

Interesting that you decided to get graduated cylinders instead of beakers. Are they glass? Are they heatable?

mranak said:
Interesting that you decided to get graduated cylinders instead of beakers. Are they glass? Are they heatable?

check and check. This is my first time homebrewing, so I'm thinking a should have used beakers mabe? I just like the fact that they are marked

now that I'm looking @ it I probably should have got the beakers...though I'm sure I can pick them up somewhere around here. What type of places carry this stuff?

i got the graduated cylinders too but its not as good as a beaker, u cant mix the stuff very well and it doesnt fit in the microwave.

isotop said:
i got the graduated cylinders too but its not as good as a beaker, u cant mix the stuff very well and it doesnt fit in the microwave.

Yeah I'll have to grab some. I'm not going to make anything that can't fit in a vial my first time around so I'm okay for now...after I do a test run I'm going to be making bigger batches.

One advantage to the cylinders is that they are probably marked more accurately than the beakers.

If they are glass and can go on the stove w/o breaking, then I guess they should probably work.

We're not growing cells or anything complicated like that, here. Whatever works.

mranak said:
One advantage to the cylinders is that they are probably marked more accurately than the beakers.

If they are glass and can go on the stove w/o breaking, then I guess they should probably work.

We're not growing cells or anything complicated like that, here. Whatever works.

yeah, now that I took a look at them they should work fine. Even if I had to stir it (should you ever do that?) I would just need something long. It's marked quite accurately as you said, which is a bonus over the beakers.

Last edited:
outlawtas2 said:
I have 5, which should be enough...not making a big batch. Any articles on using filters though, I don't really know how...
I don't mean to sound negative, but I hate syringe filters. :D

They should be fine for a small batch, though.

They are pretty straight forward, though. One of my least favorite parts is trying to get all the liquid out of them ... those things can hold quite a few mLs it seems.

mranak said:
I don't mean to sound negative, but I hate syringe filters. :D

They should be fine for a small batch, though.

They are pretty straight forward, though. One of my least favorite parts is trying to get all the liquid out of them ... those things can hold quite a few mLs it seems.

What's another option?

cool man looks like your going to be having some fun and making some cheap gear
i cant wait to start homebrewing myself looking for a good sourse for the powder
i have a question though with all the aanthrax and stuf going through the mail the last few years it must be hard to ship raw powder through the mail no

diddydidit said:
cool man looks like your going to be having some fun and making some cheap gear
i cant wait to start homebrewing myself looking for a good sourse for the powder
i have a question though with all the aanthrax and stuf going through the mail the last few years it must be hard to ship raw powder through the mail no

Actually most steroids aren't "powders", more like pastes or pummice.

Back