air bubble

you wrote this post so your fine...... obviously always try to get out the air bubbles..but your not sticking it in your vein,so youll be fine

I've very confident that if you can describe it as "small" it is no big deal. The only real concern with air is injecting a large air embolism directly into a blood vessel. The concern is that it could make its way to the heart and the heart could then "lose its prime" and be unable to pump blood.

yah mate its always btter to aspirate! but if u do it carefully, put the pin upside down for like 5 min and let all buddle go away! i inject very slowly like i take 1.5 minute and i wait 1 minute before i take the needle out! safer...

Trevdog said:
I've very confident that if you can describe it as "small" it is no big deal. The only real concern with air is injecting a large air embolism directly into a blood vessel. The concern is that it could make its way to the heart and the heart could then "lose its prime" and be unable to pump blood.

True but it takes a goodly amount to do this.........better then 4cc or something like that.

Juggernaut2148 said:
True but it takes a goodly amount to do this.........better then 4cc or something like that.

Yea, it seems like it would take a lot of air to do that, I don't know how much but I'm definately not worried about a small bubble in a 3 cc syringe.

Back