Alcohol (beer, liquior, wine) and Steroids cycle?

casanovaaa

Ok so My title says it all. I have been around here for a long time now and I have to admit, drinking alcohol and using steroids is like taboo talk around the forums.
I have not seen a post with anyone saying that they drink alcohol when doing a cycle.

This does my head in since I used to own a big franchise sports bar a few years back and 70 percent of our customers where gear heads who always boozed it up hard on and off cycle. Lots of barfights after hours there but mostly the ladies fighting for some shit-faced gear head to take them home.

So can anyone explain this to me or are all of you saints who only endulge in gear and gear alone?

I will be the first one to admit that I always have a drink or two or three while on cycle and mostly get drunk on weekends, even when i have cycled.
So for the million dollar question, will drinking alcohol affect my blood test levels, LH, FSH, Free test, Total Test, Estrogen, Prolactin etc. while I am doing a Test A cycle, alongside aromasin, HCG, during a cycle followed up with clomid and nolvadex for pct?

Last edited:
Alcohol from my understanding is bad in 3.5 health ways while on cycle.
Neither of them is serious on its own but depending on the person, that extra total strain could actually be fatal in some rarer cases.

1. You'll tank your liver values even more and depending on actual cycle(thinking orals mostly) it could be really bad.
2. Your kidneys already have enough to deal with
3. Is actually quite a lot of calories, sugars and insulin spikes.
(4. If we're talking excessive use of alcohol, it does lower testerone, no where near for it to matter while on cycle though, but off its a concern..)

Other than that it raises your blood pressure, dehydrates you, hangovers and well, the aggressiveness a lot get while drunk compounded with steroids. Its irresponsible but if its a once/twice a week party thing, its not the end of the world.

If i'm out on a date while on, i'll have a glass or wine or maybe even two but I would never get drunk and it would be very rare.
For months your body is in constant trauma, there's no need to add extra stress to it. That's just dumb on so many levels.

Alcohol from my understanding is bad in 3.5 health ways while on cycle.
Neither of them is serious on its own but depending on the person, that extra total strain could actually be fatal in some rarer cases.

1. You'll tank your liver values even more and depending on actual cycle(thinking orals mostly) it could be really bad.
2. Your kidneys already have enough to deal with
3. Is actually quite a lot of calories, sugars and insulin spikes.
(4. If we're talking excessive use of alcohol, it does lower testerone, no where near for it to matter while on cycle though, but off its a concern..)

Other than that it raises your blood pressure, dehydrates you, hangovers and well, the aggressiveness a lot get while drunk compounded with steroids. Its irresponsible but if its a once/twice a week party thing, its not the end of the world.

If i'm out on a date while on, i'll have a glass or wine or maybe even two but I would never get drunk and it would be very rare.
For months your body is in constant trauma, there's no need to add extra stress to it. That's just dumb on so many levels.

Good points to ponder over, and thats what i mean on so many levels, if you go to a university dorm, many guys there are doing gear and boozing it up hard, its a fact of life, I have "seen the elephant and heard the owl" and know darn well what goes on behind campus dorm door, especially frat and sorority doors.
but seriously I am just reflecting what i am seeing and have seen. is this day and age with hot girls only wanting muscle bound guys, alot of guys are getting into gear to get that hot girl who wont have anything to do with him unless hes got muscles coming out his butt.
just saying....

Last edited:
Good points to ponder over, and thats what i mean on so many levels, if you go to a university dorm, many guys there are doing gear and boozing it up hard, its a fact of life, I have "seen the elephant and heard the owl" and know darn well what goes on behind campus dorm door, especially frat and sorority doors.
but seriously I am just reflecting what i am seeing and have seen. is this day and age with hot girls only wanting muscle bound guys, alot of guys are getting into gear to get that hot girl who wont have anything to do with him unless hes got muscles coming out his butt.
just saying....

At that age frat guys are also sticking alcohol soaking tampoons up their ass lol.
But yeh, its not end of the world.

Personally besides liver values and being hangover = much harder to get to the gym.
I don't see it as a huge deal, just keep it moderate.

I agree with Santa on the health risks and would add that there may be some relationship risks too. Lol.
Obviously a moody drunk dude with lots of mass and strength beyond a normal guy is gonna quickly develop an extra cocky attitude. If he drinks often on cycle then it's very likely his estrogen is more out of control than usual. This will lead to even more mood instability. I say all this to say that I saw a friend, fairly big but a beast by no means, beat a guy almost to death in a bar fight. Skull fractures. Cops had a very difficult time restraining him. 4 guys got him.into the backseat of a cruiser. Sure they could've hurt him and got him in there but he would've had to be unconscious. He was seemingly ready to die for this bar fight. He was on cycle and was WAY WAY stronger than a normal man. I've seen him lose his cool off cycle but it was always a more tamed situation. Never really seen him lose control off cycle. Nothing crazy. But on cycle we kind of all knew it was a matter of time. Lots of verbal fights finally led to a physical fight. He is currently behind bars and will be for some time. Sad......without gear this never wouldve happened......and without alcohol it likely never wouldve happened.
With that said.....not all men will react this way. Probably most will not. But all of us are a little more prone to fight, both physical and verbal, when on cycle. Most of us can control it through one means or another. As for me.....I need to just stay sober. Lol

I dont drink at all because I just got tired of it a long time ago and gave it up, it adds nothing to my life.

Cant imagine drinking on a cycle and will never find out what it is like.

At that age frat guys are also sticking alcohol soaking tampoons up their ass lol.

Personally besides liver values and being hangover = much harder to get to the gym.

well its better than sororiety girls sticking alcohol soaked tampoons up their cookies. ive seen it man.

I must say the exact same ting. Now let me explain a bit. :insane:

First let me explain that I am aware as we all are the medical problem that we can have from drinking. I cannot talk to the medical problems that can follow within our systems bodies. I am guilty of abusing almost every drug I've put into my body. :( So with that being said , "yes" I have trained many many times while living a life of drugs at the same time. Also the Corporate World , Until......

Back to the Q"s As was said above. My experience was I could drink a bit while I wasn't competing.BUT as said in MODERATION. When cycling yes you should not drink for more reasons then the top one being health.

So you wanna to train like the big boys (Pro's) and your gonna work on diet, does alcohol work into diet when you're all out serious. NOT to be a pro but to look like or as close as your BEST.. HUH...

I am the lucky guy who didn't go down the tubes BUt how far , how much better could I have done much better.

Did all that shit while skiing Comp. Had a few drinks and some THC the night before the Souther Reg Champ... So I place 5... Ouch... FVCK how would I have done if I didn't do anything like that. :rant:

Sorry but moderation no worries but it is for the end goal :nono: You shouldn't but not be on the top of your game to speak of.

OMM

If I wasn't such a nervous competitor, I should of taken first or second place.... My practice points constancy was above my competitors.If I took first I would have moved into "Open" status and and ranked nationally I quit after that 9 years and took up BB. Me or the alcohol . Another fvck up. :insane:

Last edited:
I have done lots of blood work over the years and moderate alcohol use has never had much effect on my muscle building or my liver values. I can take or leave alcohol and there are times when I have nothing to drink for 6 months, and my strength and gains are about the same as other cycles when I have drank somewhat. But I never really get shiz-face drunk either. Everything in moderation is fine. There really is no physiologic reason why alcohol will reduce the effectiveness of AAS, and while it may slightly supress endogenous test if you are all natural, alcohol will not reduce supraphysiologic doses of test from a cycle. That being said, I would be careful about using oral AAS with extensive alcohol, as orals are already hard on the liver. But if you are all injectable, few beers should be fine and nothing to worry about.

Ok so My title says it all. I have been around here for a long time now and I have to admit, drinking alcohol and using steroids is like taboo talk around the forums.
I have not seen a post with anyone saying that they drink alcohol when doing a cycle.

This does my head in since I used to own a big franchise sports bar a few years back and 70 percent of our customers where gear heads who always boozed it up hard on and off cycle. Lots of barfights after hours there but mostly the ladies fighting for some shit-faced gear head to take them home.

So can anyone explain this to me or are all of you saints who only endulge in gear and gear alone?

I will be the first one to admit that I always have a drink or two or three while on cycle and mostly get drunk on weekends, even when i have cycled.
So for the million dollar question, will drinking alcohol affect my blood test levels, LH, FSH, Free test, Total Test, Estrogen, Prolactin etc. while I am doing a Test A cycle, alongside aromasin, HCG, during a cycle followed up with clomid and nolvadex for pct?

Ladies fighting for a gear head to take them home! LOL never heard of such a thing!

Ladies fighting for a gear head to take them home! LOL never heard of such a thing!

Have you ever been to a frat party? Or a college bar? I managed and owned bars in a heavy university sector with over 5 major universities around so I have seen it all brother.

Yes I have but everything was a quieter setting so there was less drama.

I did my post graduate work at Harvard and we sure had a good time there. i dont even remember studying due to the heavy party action but i got my degree nonetheless.
word around the campfire was that the boys at the big frat houses........

ok so i guess my question has been answered. i thought it would be more acute in answers since half the guys i see at bars pounding drinks and shots are gear heads round my way.

Drinking is for faggots especially every weekend and especially if you are past the age of 30.... please tell me you are 21 and just discovered drinking

Drinking is for faggots especially every weekend and especially if you are past the age of 30.... please tell me you are 21 and just discovered drinking

Im pushing 50 bra, man of the world I am and tell the owners of bars that drinking is for faggots. they dont really care, money talks and bs walks the marathon.

Im pushing 50 bra, man of the world I am and tell the owners of bars that drinking is for faggots. they dont really care, money talks and bs walks the marathon.

Yepper ^^^.

Money talks no one walks... In New York during the 70's an add on the radio would say money talks no one walks come to ?????

OMM :)

Back