Allergies

Fyre

I am having some major allergy problems this year already. They don't usually start this early but for some reason they're here Does any one else suffer from allergies and what do you take to help them? I need to get something for them soon. I really appreciate any responses. Thanks.

Does claritan work for ya...its over the counter and my pharmacist clients tell me its better than all the script meds as well.

I'm going to give Claritin another shot. It didn't do much for me last year but maybe I'll have better luck this year. I can handle the sniffles, but the dry eyes are killing me! I'm going to go get some allergy eye drops and see if they help as well.

Fyre said:
I'm going to give Claritin another shot. It didn't do much for me last year but maybe I'll have better luck this year. I can handle the sniffles, but the dry eyes are killing me! I'm going to go get some allergy eye drops and see if they help as well.

Watch the allergy eye drops as they contain some harsh stuff that end up irritating your eyes alot more in the long run...

...If it's just dry eyes you suffer from as a result of the antihistamines, try something like Refresh Tears..my Opthamologist recommended it as it is the best for your eyes...

Thanks Phoenix! I actually wear contacts too and I'm finding that my eyes are so irritated from my allergies, that I can't wear my contacts. I bought some supplemental tears as well as the allergy eye drops but I will use the allergy eyedrops with caution. Thanks again sweetie!;)

Fyre said:
Thanks Phoenix! I actually wear contacts too and I'm finding that my eyes are so irritated from my allergies, that I can't wear my contacts. I bought some supplemental tears as well as the allergy eye drops but I will use the allergy eyedrops with caution. Thanks again sweetie!;)

You're welcome!!! The Refresh Tears is a bit expensive, but your eyes will love you for it..there's also another one called Celluvisc that's just as good...

I just used some Refresh a few minutes ago myself....

I am actually having allergy problems right now. My nose is running like crazy and my eyes feel like they are on fire. Hopefully this Claritan starts working.

I ended up taking a couple of Benadryl last night before I went to bed and I feel alot better today...

phoenixphyre said:
You're welcome!!! The Refresh Tears is a bit expensive, but your eyes will love you for it..there's also another one called Celluvisc that's just as good...

I just used some Refresh a few minutes ago myself....

I just bought some Celluvisc and it works great. I bought the thick stuff though cuz it's really lubricating. I put it in my eyes before bed and I woke up feeling pretty good. My eyes are still runny but at least they're not itchy anymore.:p

Fyre said:
I just bought some Celluvisc and it works great. I bought the thick stuff though cuz it's really lubricating. I put it in my eyes before bed and I woke up feeling pretty good. My eyes are still runny but at least they're not itchy anymore.:p

Good for you! You'll feel better and better as time goes on!!

It took me FOREVER to find something for my allergies that actually worked. I tried Allegra, Claritin, Clarinex, Nasonex, and Zyrtec. My brother-in-law mentioned that Flonase (nasal spray) worked for him, and so I had my doc call it in for me. Haven't had any problems since, except for the days I forget to take it. :D

I take Zyrtec, Advair (inhaler) and Nascort nasal spray daily.

When it's really bad - I take an anti-histamine (I can't remember the name right now, starts with an a and I'm all out)

DO NOT LAUGH!

HONEY BEE POLLEN!!!!

I have a good pal who swear's by this treatment for his snotty nose/allergies. He takes a tablespoon of honey PER DAY . THE honey MUST be from bee's from YOUR local AREA!

Find a local bee keeper and get yourself some honey, Honey! :)

i have tried them all... claritin does absolutely nothing for me except make my wallet thinner...zyrtec is ok.... but i had my best luck with a pill called entex... and a nasal spray called aztelin....i will double check the spellings .... but the nasal spray worked immediately for my eyes itching...

vix said:
DO NOT LAUGH!

HONEY BEE POLLEN!!!!

I have a good pal who swear's by this treatment for his snotty nose/allergies. He takes a tablespoon of honey PER DAY . THE honey MUST be from bee's from YOUR local AREA!

This is totally true btw.

:40oz:

(I'm damned either way - honey tends to give me a migraine)

Vel....

It does work for him! He has been on this form of therapy for two year's now. Has never felt better!!!

Sorry too hear that honey gives you those terrible migraines you seem to get! Nothing worse than a migraine, I would suspect! Well..maybe a tooth ache could rank right up there.

If I recall what my pal told me, bee pollen( and also IF you are stung my a bee) YOUR system will produce a natural anti-histamine(sp) throughout your body!

I may have to ask him for more info. on the bee pollen"buzz"....Interesting stuff at any rate!

vix said:
DO NOT LAUGH!

HONEY BEE POLLEN!!!!

we sell a lot of honey at a health food/supplement store i work at for this reason , some people also swear by collostrum . sorry i dont have 1st hand experience with either im blessed to have grown out of my allergies:)

Back