Anabolics and Injury Recovery

ddzc

Hi everyone,

I know this is probably going to sound silly and crazy but I was told that certain anabolics can help stimulate rapid recovery of injuries related to muscle wear and tendons.

My right shoulder was injured 11 years ago. My left went on me about 4 years ago. I've done every test imaginable...ultrasound, mri, mr arthrogram, etc. The test show no issues. I was once told tendonidis...but that should should go away in months. The injury apparently came to overuse of the muscle (over training). I took months off from any physical activity. I did 6 years of physio, spent a ton of time and money - no improvement. I tried two cortisone shots which helped temporarily (<1 yr), but I was told to never do more than two shots due to the fact that it will deteriorate that muscle tremendously.

I've actually come to the realization that my injuries may never go away and I constantly try to program this in my head mentally to get over it, but it's tough bc I feel the pain during and after my workouts (mostly on chest days). I can still train, I just can't do particular exercises, no flat or decline chest movements at all, no flies, certain shoulder exercises, etc.

I heard about anabolics helping...is this remotely true in any sense? How have you guys repaired serious injuries which have lasted as long as mine?

Thanks!

This is MY experience, I'm an older lifter I will testify that deca "helps" with joints...BUT the only time I actually felt like nagging injuries were actually bringing "healing" was when I ran growth for a year. I love that shit, just need a ton of time and money.

HGH is the only hormone that will truly heal your connective tissues. Nandrolone is AMAZING stuff as it thickens the synovial fluid that cushions your joints, but unfortunately it does not really rebuild them.

The problem with AAS is that it actually DECREASES collagen synthesis, potentially making them weaker. Boldenone (EQ), anavar, and (as mentioned above) nandrolone do have certain properties that do help with collagen - but it's not nearly enough to fix something that has completely torn or strained.

However, if this IS a muscular issue, AAS can help to an extent. The key being that you still have to take it easy with the injured area even though you may feel like the hulk.

My .02c :)

HGH is the only hormone that will truly heal your connective tissues. Nandrolone is AMAZING stuff as it thickens the synovial fluid that cushions your joints, but unfortunately it does not really rebuild them.

The problem with AAS is that it actually DECREASES collagen synthesis, potentially making them weaker. Boldenone (EQ), anavar, and (as mentioned above) nandrolone do have certain properties that do help with collagen - but it's not nearly enough to fix something that has completely torn or strained.

However, if this IS a muscular issue, AAS can help to an extent. The key being that you still have to take it easy with the injured area even though you may feel like the hulk.

My .02c :)

Great post sir thanks.

Excellent posts, much appreciated. It's funny that deca and hgh was mentioned bc I heard those two very solutions given to me. AAS I never heard about, something to look in to.

I actually tried hgh for 3 mths, 1500 later. When I started it, with in 2-3 weeks my injured areas were feeling better and then it vanished immediately. I also noticed no improvements at all in the gym or my appearance, nothing changed in my performance, etc. I was told that you need to be on it for a min of 6 mths to see any results but others have told me the opposite and that hgh kicks in right away!

Great tip on "taking it easy" bc I did the opposite when I had my cortisone shot. My shoulder was so beat up and destroyed, I could't even push 30lb db chest presses without excruciating pain. When I did the cortisone and didn't feel the pain, I was never happier in life and I shot back up to 100-105s on the db press and loved every moment of it...until 7-8 mths later.

Last edited:
Excellent posts, much appreciated. It's funny that deca and hgh was mentioned bc I heard those two very solutions given to me. AAS I never heard about, something to look in to.

I actually tried hgh for 3 mths, 1500 later. When I started it, with in 2-3 weeks my injured areas were feeling better and then it vanished immediately. I also noticed no improvements at all in the gym or my appearance, nothing changed in my performance, etc. I was told that you need to be on it for a min of 6 mths to see any results but others have told me the opposite and that hgh kicks in right away!

Great tip on "taking it easy" bc I did the opposite when I had my cortisone shot. My shoulder was so beat up and destroyed, I could't even push 30lb db chest presses without excruciating pain. When I did the cortisone and didn't feel the pain, I was never happier in life and I shot back up to 100-105s on the db press and loved every moment of it...until 7-8 mths later.

HGH does "kick in" immediately, but it takes a significant amount of time to see the visible results. AAS stands for Anabolic Androgenic Steroids, which deca (nandrolone decanoate) and the other hormones listed above are.

Cortisone is also a steroid, just not anabolic or androgenic. Steroid just means that it's derived from cholesterol - that's all. :)

i cut my healing time by 60% using low doses of deca.. i had a cartilage tear in my ribs.. typically takes 8 10 weeks to heal.. mine took about 3-4..

nutrition plays an important factor too.. i made sure to eat meals rich in everything your body need to repair cartilage..

but thats a cartilage tear.. not a tendon issue

Back