Anastrozole prescribed. Do I need it?

AJAK

Hi,

I've been on trt for about a year and a half now. I inject 200mg of test cypionate once per week. I just had a checkup and labs, labs are below, yeah these are the only tests my doc performed. And, these are trough labs. I feel good for the most part, not great, but much better than before going on trt. I think ya tend to kinda forget how crappy you felt before trt if that makes sense. I mentioned to the doc that I feel a little nervous and anxious once in a while, even a emotional when I see something sad on tv, and my face seems a little puffy like I might be holding a little water. I asked him if he thought my estradiol was too high. He said it's high-normal, and he gave me a scrip for anastrozole. He told me to take half a pill 2 days after my injection. I'm not sure I need it, what do you guys think? Also, if I feel good on my current protocol, do you see anything to be gained by dividing my dose in half and injecting twice per week? In case it helps, I'm 47 years old, 5'10" tall, 185 lbs, and about 15% body fat. I strength train M-W-F and bike commute 7 miles per day. Thanks for your help!

Test: 934
Estradiol: 40
Hematocrit: 47.2
Hemoglobin: 16.1
PSA: 2.4

Would you happen to have your LH and FSH readings too? just bring down your E2 level a tad and youll be whistling Dixy in no time again.
are these 1mg anastrozole pills? how long did he tell you to take them for?

Last edited:
Sorry, no, he did not run those tests. Yes, 1mg pills. He told me to take them until my next checkup, 6 months from now, but to also monitor how I feel & let him know. Thanks.

Bloodwork for Hemoglobin and Hematocrit looks OK, still within Upper Parameters on the Bloodwork Reference Chart.

Estradiol is Definitely High, so Yes, you need the Anastrozole.

You can get More Stable Hormone Levels by doing Twice a Week Injections.
As the Half-Life of Test Cyp is 8 Days.
So by the End of the Week, your Levels are falling off......................... JP
P.S.
You can check what I'm saying about your Hormone Levels ~ can't give you the Link.
Steroidcalc dot com
Just put the numbers in, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

You can also use this Tool to Graph any Cycle with Single or Multiple Compounds, up to 30 Weeks.

Just dividing your doses into two could lower your estrogen a bit, might be worth trying.

For the arimidex 1mg is way way too much. If you could chop the pill up or open up the capsule you could take 1/4 twice a week. Even that might be too much, only way to know is to stabilize for a few weeks and get another blood test. Do it yourself, it is cheap and easy.

Going to 2 injections instead of one will usually lower your estrogen levels......but just a bit. May be enough for you, only blood work will tell. Anastrozole is your solution for sure if you stick with one injection. Personally I take .25mg anastrozole. Cut the tab in 1/4 pieces and I take one per week. You may need .5mg though. If I were you I'd start with the .5 and get some bloodwork done. If too low then stop for a while and go with .25
Good luck with whatever you decide. Please let us know what works for you. Thanks

Just dividing your doses into two could lower your estrogen a bit, might be worth trying.

For the arimidex 1mg is way way too much. If you could chop the pill up or open up the capsule you could take 1/4 twice a week. Even that might be too much, only way to know is to stabilize for a few weeks and get another blood test. Do it yourself, it is cheap and easy.

I was thinking the same thing. Divide to 2 doses, labs, then add arimidex only if needed. Thanks.

Going to 2 injections instead of one will usually lower your estrogen levels......but just a bit. May be enough for you, only blood work will tell. Anastrozole is your solution for sure if you stick with one injection. Personally I take .25mg anastrozole. Cut the tab in 1/4 pieces and I take one per week. You may need .5mg though. If I were you I'd start with the .5 and get some bloodwork done. If too low then stop for a while and go with .25
Good luck with whatever you decide. Please let us know what works for you. Thanks

Thanks LateStart. I will think on this between now & my next injection. I'll let you know how it goes. You guys are very helpful!

As suggested above, take your testosterone dose every 3.5 days. Your levels will be more consistent. I would take 1/4 the 1mg anastrozale pill 2x per week ( .5 mg weekly) and retest and check your levels.

As suggested above, take your testosterone dose every 3.5 days. Your levels will be more consistent. I would take 1/4 the 1mg anastrozale pill 2x per week ( .5 mg weekly) and retest and check your levels.

Thanks. Gonna go every 3.5 days starting Tuesday. I will see how it goes and report back after a while.

Question - how do you divide the tiny 1mg tablet of anastrozale in 4 pieces? I have a pill cutter. I can cut it in 2 pieces pretty easy. Then the pieces are so small they become really difficult to handle. Thanks.

^^^^This
I use a razor blade. Sometimes still cuts uneven, as the structure of the tab is compromised, but little pieces are better for me......even if slightly under dosed. I always error on the side of low dosing because crashing sucks. I'd rather be a little high than be low.
Unfortunately......experimentation is needed. Bloodwork and adjustments

Yeah, just use a razor blade. Sometimes it work perfectly, sometimes you get a nice piece and the other is a pile of dust.

Just try to get even amounts. With the long half life of adex a small variation from dose to dose won't matter much.

Back