Anger towards girlfriend only during test cycle

Iceman-

Hey all, I'm new here, so before anything, hello!

I'm 8 weeks into my first-ever cycle, test cyp only, and starting to experience some pretty bad mental side effects, all of which are being directed at my girlfriend.

Before my cycle, things like her weight, her sexual past, and other typical girlfriend annoyances never really bothered me that much. While I didn't like it, I could let things go.

Since starting the cycle, I feel a great deal of rage towards her for these things. Her weight is all of the sudden a huge issue with me(in all honesty, she's a big girl, about 170lbs at 5'6") and her sexual past feels like it's eating me alive. I just have a great deal of resentment towards her now, am disgusted, and don't feel like being with her.

It's like I can't control the thoughts, they just take over and I often obsess about them.

Everything else, mentally, has stayed the same, or improved. A lot more laid back at work, family/friend relationships have never been better. Productivity is up as well.

Has anyone else experienced things like this? Is this common?

Here's what I'm currently taking, on week 8 of a 12 week cycle:
test cyp: 500mg/week
hcg: 300ui 2x week
aromasin: 6.25mg ED

Also taking various supplements: vitamin D, NAC, cholestoff, krill oil, vitamin b pills

I'm not taking stimulants(preworkouts, caffeine, yohimbe, etc) due to the anxiety problems that come along with them.

Stats: 5'7" 192lbs, ~12%bf, just had levels taken, total test was 2200, free test 700, estrogen/estradiol 20(said needed to be <38, so good there).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Most of the time guys become extremely happy with high levels of testoaterone. All those things that used to bug them just don't seem to matter any more because your become so happy and laid back. So this is unusual that new things are setting you off. Your libido should be so high right now that all you can think about is fucking her.

You might want to try backing of a bit on the aromasin. Unless you had the Sensitive Assay done, 20pg/ml is on the low side. That could be part of the problem. Perhaps try 6.25mg EOD?

Only other thing I noticed is that your test looks a little on the watered down side. 2200ng/dl is not all that great for 500mg/week.

How old are you?

Most of the time guys become extremely happy with high levels of testoaterone. All those things that used to bug them just don't seem to matter any more because your become so happy and laid back. So this is unusual that new things are setting you off. Your libido should be so high right now that all you can think about is fucking her.

You might want to try backing of a bit on the aromasin. Unless you had the Sensitive Assay done, 20pg/ml is on the low side. That could be part of the problem. Perhaps try 6.25mg EOD?

Only other thing I noticed is that your test looks a little on the watered down side. 2200ng/dl is not all that great for 500mg/week.

How old are you?

32 years old. The Estradiol was the ultrasensitive version of the test(Quest Diagnostics).

Test before cycle was on the low side(~380ng/dl total, 10 free).

On cycle, libido is incredibly high and I'm feeling happier than ever. Only thing negative has been what's described in the original post.

(wanted to add) Not sure if it matters but blood was drawn on a Thursday morning and I do my injections Thursday night/Monday morning.

Last edited:
32 years old. The Estradiol was the ultrasensitive version of the test(Quest Diagnostics).

Test before cycle was on the low side(~380ng/dl total, 10 free).

On cycle, libido is incredibly high and I'm feeling happier than ever. Only thing negative has been what's described in the original post.

So kick her to the curb and find a hot girl.

Fact: you are not actually mad at her. You are mad at yourself because you feel you deserve better.
This^^^^ your prolly had low self esteem before due to low test level now some man juice is flowing and you think hey wtf am I doing I deserve better. And in reality if you think this you prolly do deserve better!! If this many things bug you about her then its time for a change.

Agreed with Shred and Realkozmo.

I had been with my partner for 3.5 years before ending our relationship last weekend. I had taken a 1 week business trip to Vietnam and it had given me enough time to realise we had been in a rut for a long time and there were many underlying problems to the relationship. I had a chat with her about the problems and said how they were constantly on my mind. Two weeks later (last weekend) nothing had changed so I broke up with her citing the problems as the reason.

Honestly, I have never felt better. I'm still saddened as I've been in love with her for such a long period of time, but happy that I had made a great decision and will be better for it going forward.

Not sure if I can thank being on cycle for the revelations, but I'm sure the heightened confidence helped me bring about the decision!

Re. the sexual history thing, look up "retroactive jealousy", there are support websites and books about it. Seems like a weird problem to have, but you are far from alone.

Hey all, I'm new here, so before anything, hello!

I'm 8 weeks into my first-ever cycle, test cyp only, and starting to experience some pretty bad mental side effects, all of which are being directed at my girlfriend.

Before my cycle, things like her weight, her sexual past, and other typical girlfriend annoyances never really bothered me that much. While I didn't like it, I could let things go.

Since starting the cycle, I feel a great deal of rage towards her for these things. Her weight is all of the sudden a huge issue with me(in all honesty, she's a big girl, about 170lbs at 5'6") and her sexual past feels like it's eating me alive. I just have a great deal of resentment towards her now, am disgusted, and don't feel like being with her.

It's like I can't control the thoughts, they just take over and I often obsess about them.

Everything else, mentally, has stayed the same, or improved. A lot more laid back at work, family/friend relationships have never been better. Productivity is up as well.

Has anyone else experienced things like this? Is this common?

Here's what I'm currently taking, on week 8 of a 12 week cycle:
test cyp: 500mg/week
hcg: 300ui 2x week
aromasin: 6.25mg ED

Also taking various supplements: vitamin D, NAC, cholestoff, krill oil, vitamin b pills

I'm not taking stimulants(preworkouts, caffeine, yohimbe, etc) due to the anxiety problems that come along with them.

Stats: 5'7" 192lbs, ~12%bf, just had levels taken, total test was 2200, free test 700, estrogen/estradiol 20(said needed to be <38, so good there).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

sounds like unresolved or talked about issues, not gear. Your mind is more active, you need to sort your shit not ignore it.
also check Estro .

Let me say that 2200 is a crap Test level if you are on 500 mg/week of T. I sort of felt like that when I was with a couple heavier girls ( years apart and seperate)and on gear. I totally understand.
You got man juice in you now and you thinking more cause your mind is more active.
You feel that you deserve better. You probably only dating her for the sex too right?

Make sure you donate blood too.
That's my only concern here. Can't make gains if you're 6 feet under.
Forget the rest. Your cycling, you probably look swole and can do better.
I say take care of #1.

I totally know what u mean bro about wanting your girl to lose weight, lol. I have that same issue, fuckin lazy bitches man.

Back