Anybody not taking Silva?

dirkdiggler9969

They tried to make it look pretty even on the pre-fight hype show last night but I'm not blown away by wins over Drew McFedries whos biggest win is over Marvin Eastman. I was laughing about how bad ass they made Drew sound and they didn't even mention that Leites' Split Decision win over Marquardt was after Nate had 2 points taken away from him. 1 in the second for kneeing a downed opponent and 1 in the 3rd for strikes to the back of the head. I can't remember anyone winning on 1judges card after being docked 2 points in a 3 round fight.

If Leites engages and wants to bang I got Silva by TKO in the 1st round. If he runs around and tries a bunch of weak takedowns, I got Sila by TKO in the 2nd.

Do any of you think he has a chance? Lutter got a takedown by the skin of Silva's ankle and didn't finish him, then got tapped out due to strikes in a triangle(which is awesome btw). I don't thik it's gonna be close. I always reserve the right ot be wrong though.

Who ya got?

i think it really depends on if Leites can get a take down in the first round. if he can... then maybe we'll see a sub. if not, then yeah tko/ko in round 2 for silva.

I think Silva wins, but anyone remember buster douglas and mike tyson, or serra and gsp? Anything can happen

Silva reminds me of Roy Jones Jr in his prime. He got bored and had to play semi pro basketball before fights just to add some fatigue to make it interesting and then went up several weight classes for competition. Silva was toying around with with Patrick Cote and you could see Cote's confidence building even though he was never a threat, just surviving was better than most had done. My point is Sylvia had better focus rather than jerking around to put on a show or he will get caught sooner or later.

Alot of good points made above... I know this is after the fact but I'll tell ya this.. I took Leites, first off because he is one of the best Jits guys in the UFC and I'm pretty sure his jits is better then Silvas. If Silva is going to beat, its going to be on the ground. Hell, Ryo Chonnan beat Silva by Sub before UFC!..lol Second, plain and simple I generally like to root for the underdog in big match ups like this.. and third, because after the Cote match it was PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that Silva is completely bored w/his competition and is no longer fighting the way he use to, and I generally wont take someone like that unless their is money on the line ;) No one currently in the UFC 185lb division that would be a contender in 09 or 2010 would give Silva any competion. He really needs to either go up or down to challenge himself again.
I'll say this, I definetly didn't expect it to go to a decision!

Back