anyone had an abcess? how do u get the courage to PIN again at different spots?

bigmike777

anyone had an abcess? how do u get the courage to PIN again at different spots?

right now im recovering from a glute abcess at my injection spot.

what opinions can you give on getting the courage to continue pinning?

im bummed out and seriously think of throwin in the towel

it's scary cos only after 4 days of PIP post injection pain, I on a hunch decided to goto the hospital...and I had an abcess. I thought it took a while to form

i didn't even have a fever!

the doc said it was a "substantial abcess"

*I am mainly looking for some words of encouragement and useful info. (in exchnge your gettin useful info on my experience with abcess). this is an area of steroid side effects really not known too mjuch about

cos it's very rare but it does happen even if u are sterile as shit

u might suggest that I wash the hardwood floors of my room and disinfect it entirely with a spray disinfectant?

it really sux cos im at week 10 of my cycle at 500 mgs/test per week every 3 days.
i wass supposed to pin 250 mgs/test this week until 3-4 more weeks then start PCT

*the following is an important question btw:
since i have some anti-biotics for my current abcess can I just continue pinning (till the end of my current cycle) without fear of another injection?

here's the background info.:
START
"I just came back from an abcess surgery in my glute AT THE E.R. OF A LOCAL HOSPITAL. IT'S NOW SUNDAY 1/27/13

effin unbelievable!!!:

Call it what u will, (absess drainage) it's still surgery..they stuck a long ass Lido-caine needle and via IV fed me 2 anti-biotics...and a knife was used to scrape the glute and remove the abcess via 2 plastic drainage tubes.

2 tubes were used. I had 2 tubes FILLED UP TO CAPACITY of what looked like Tar from my glutes.

My PIP happened 4 days ago after penetrating the injections spot 7 days ago. To which it was painful to sleep on my right side..so painful I'd have to groan an "Ow" The PIP pain snuck up on me on the 4th day---it was a creeper, it was slow---that's what happens with high conc. gear.

(see below for more details)

I used a 1.5 inch pin. and hit the right glute, the Test was high concentration gear at 400mgs/mL. I only injected .6 mL in that glute area which is 250 mgs of Test. I pushed it slow. I sterilized before the shot with an alcohol pad, I sterilized after the pin with an alcohol pad.

NO pain on penetration...no pain 3-4 days later, then BOOM ON THE 5TH DAY i HAD trouble sleeping on my right side cos my butt hurt (the injection spot).

It was pinkish, puffy and warm.

On a hunch, I decided to go to the doctor when the PIP (post injection pain) hadn't even lasted 5 days.

Am I glad I went cos like I state several times, it was only at day 5 where I felt the PIP, today was day 7 of the unbearable PIP--which means I had the PIP for day 5, day 6, & day 7 (only 3 effin days!)

The doc looked at it and said this was not a normal injection site reaction..it was hard to the touch....he used scalpels, and some drainage tubes. He told me I had "significant abcess".

I even have to come back in 1 day and a half to see with ultra-sound if the abcess has totally gone or somehow re-generated like the Effin Blob!

The nurse told me that abcesses can be common with frequent IM injections.

I told her I sterilizzed my tools well...

She said: well you might not have hit the muscle and the Test might have interracted outside the muscle and formed an abcess

BUT WITH MY AFORESAID 1.5 INCH NEEDLE AND PIN TO THE GLUTE NONE OF THE TEST OOZED OUT...

what's worse---I did not have a fever with the triage nurse when he took my temperature.

what's worse than that??....I didn't even have any symptoms of hot and cold, chills, etc.

what's even worse than those above 2 if that's even effin possible?!

The abcess could have spread to my hip bone I guess or my tail bone---what then??!!! Then she said some crap about "Septic" which sounds like the stuff used to clean homes from toilet refuse...But I guess in medical terms is an abcess that has worsened so much that can actually kill you.

Upon leaving he prescribed me 2 oral anti-biotics in additon to the Vikodin.

The doc was upset and said you can't do this anymore.

END

Last edited:
I would have slight panic attacks when I would pin on the quad and even on the delt even thkugh is not very vascular. What you have to make aure you do is aspirate. When I started aapirating all my anxieties went away even though you need a fair amount of viscua fluid to have an issue with a vascular vein.

Spots to pin
Quad
Delt
Tricep
Bicep (not too thrilled there)
Calf if u like pain
Trap

And these are a few places. What you have to make sure is that the needle is long enough and if your fat % is low enough you can use a 5/8 length needle and get all the test in the muslce. If your fat % is higher than 15% I would suggest a 1" and if you want to make sure to gwt deep in largw muscle groups do a 1.5" length needle. Since your on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I would also suggest pining with a 25 gauge needle wich helps in cutting down on scar tissue.

I would have slight panic attacks when I would pin on the quad and even on the delt even thkugh is not very vascular. What you have to make aure you do is aspirate. When I started aapirating all my anxieties went away even though you need a fair amount of viscua fluid to have an issue with a vascular vein.

Spots to pin
Quad
Delt
Tricep
Bicep (not too thrilled there)
Calf if u like pain
Trap

And these are a few places. What you have to make sure is that the needle is long enough and if your fat % is low enough you can use a 5/8 length needle and get all the test in the muslce. If your fat % is higher than 15% I would suggest a 1" and if you want to make sure to gwt deep in largw muscle groups do a 1.5" length needle. Since your on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I would also suggest pining with a 25 gauge needle wich helps in cutting down on scar tissue.

thanks...can i continue pinning right now and lower my dosage?

it maybe even ideal to PIN right now when i stilll have lots of anti-biotics left?

I wont be able to get another abcesss from an injection tonight cos I'm taking anti-biotics, right?

it maybe even ideal to PIN right now when i stilll have lots of anti-biotics left?

I wont be able to get another abcesss from an injection tonight cos I'm taking anti-biotics, right?

Do not pin in the same spot. You will and can agrivate the spot.

Hell yes you can get another abcess right now. Even on antibiotics you can. I would would wait until you healed then start up again. Your not prone to get one but antibiotics in your system will not have anything to do with getting another absess. Apparently you did something wrong or something was dirty. I know you think everything was right when you injected but something obviously wasn't.

Hell yes you can get another abcess right now. Even on antibiotics you can. I would would wait until you healed then start up again. Your not prone to get one but antibiotics in your system will not have anything to do with getting another absess. Apparently you did something wrong or something was dirty. I know you think everything was right when you injected but something obviously wasn't.

Thanks a lot. I pinned myself just now after having doubled my efforts at sterilization. I liked to use a paper towel doused in rubbing isopyrl alcohol and wipe down the area prior to a weak, puny alcohol pad. But part of the paper towel may have had dirt on it that wasn't completely wet with the disinfecting alcohol and transferred to the injection site in my glute--that's the only thing I can think of. My gear comes from a reputable source that I found in an e-book (i spent almost $250 on that e-book) so it's not dirty gear. Although, really it could be anything...even good-standing American car manufacturers recall their cars or their car parts because they're defective. Thanks, again!

Do not pin in the same spot. You will and can agrivate the spot.

unfortunately I can never PIN again in that right glute.

that's what my research has found.

1 less spot to PIN, but if there's scar tissue I'd rather it be the usually covered- glute than the pec or delt.

I PINned myself 8 min. ago to get out of the psychological depression/bummed state I was in so I got ur messages just now---but I feel MUCH better.

I don't like giving up. Especially towards the tail end of my cycle since I should be weaning off slowly.

Thanks again both of you!

I didnt have a severe abcess but I did have a painful lump in my ass after injecting Test 400.. This is why I reduced my injections to .25mg's of test 400 and added .75 mg's of Test E.. No more problems!

Thanks a lot. I pinned myself just now after having doubled my efforts at sterilization. I liked to use a paper towel doused in rubbing isopyrl alcohol and wipe down the area prior to a weak, puny alcohol pad. But part of the paper towel may have had dirt on it that wasn't completely wet with the disinfecting alcohol and transferred to the injection site in my glute--that's the only thing I can think of. My gear comes from a reputable source that I found in an e-book (i spent almost $250 on that e-book) so it's not dirty gear. Although, really it could be anything...even good-standing American car manufacturers recall their cars or their car parts because they're defective. Thanks, again!
No offense, but just because you found an e-book on the internet that cost you a significant amount of money does NOT mean the lab is a quality lab. I acknowledge that there are a lot of variables that could have caused your abscess, but the two that stand out to me would be the fact that you used a paper towel (not sterile) to prepare the injection site (use alcohol wipes man, they're cheap and sterile!) and this lab from an e-book. If the gear is dirty (you can't see bacteria necessarily) you're going to end up with another abscess FYI.

I don't want to know where you got the gear from, but can you tell us what lab it was on the label? There are a few out there that have a bad reputation for being unsanitary, which could help pinpoint where you got the infection from. Oh, and septic just means you have a wound infected with bacteria.

My .02c :)

Back