Anyone here not use shakes post-workout??

Hey Mister

If you don't use shakes post-workout, what do you consume to replace it??

Do any of you not rely on protein shakes whatsoever?

I'm running low on money right now I cannot afford protein powder, so what are my better alternatives for post-workout?

Thanks!

White rice and chicken, spaghetti with meat, that's all I can think of right now.

I used to do it like that(eating food) after my workout. I'd workout in my garage when I use don't I'd take a shower and eat my moms cooking, it worked back then. Of course I was 19-20 at the time.

JohnnyB

JohnnyB

Lessee...I've eaten bananas and random fruit or fruit juice immediately following a workout. Also a freaking coke can work I guess. I've heard of a few guys doing that.

I like the tuna suggestion, it's cheap, although I can get it for around .50/can, lol. And nobody email me asking for my tuna source!

If you like milk, you could drink milk.

About a month ago I stopped using shakes....I just feel why force myself to drink something I disgust when I can get as much or even more nutrients from regular food.

Right after my workout I eat a jumbo burrito with while beans, lean beef, and rice.

An hour later I have a chicken breast and rice.

The Almighty said:
About a month ago I stopped using shakes....I just feel why force myself to drink something I disgust when I can get as much or even more nutrients from regular food.

Right after my workout I eat a jumbo burrito with while beans, lean beef, and rice.

An hour later I have a chicken breast and rice.
same here REAL FOOD is all for me now days . the only supplements i like anymore are branch chain aminos and l-glutimine after workouts and in am/before bed .
for good after training foods buy a big tub of lowfat cottage cheez . it is very high in casien and has whey in it to + super easy to digest . as for carbs i get a big jar of pure honey and take a big gulp off of that and even drink a litle pop if its in the fridge for that after workout insulin spike .
then have that real meal with the steak or chicken/turkey/fish , and potatoes after another 1/2 or 1hour later .

Hey Mister said:
If you don't use shakes post-workout, what do you consume to replace it??

Do any of you not rely on protein shakes whatsoever?

I'm running low on money right now I cannot afford protein powder, so what are my better alternatives for post-workout?

Thanks!

If you compare the cost/quantity of protein powders to the cost/quantity of other quality protein sources such as eggs, steaks etc. you will see that the powders probably work out cheaper.

Back