anyone here use low dose accutane? (10-20mg daily)

SoHo

[gill]
guys who have experience with accutane at low dose like 10-20mg a day (or any accutane experience at all) please chime and post your experiences.

i come from a family of flawless skin i will never breakout on my face no matter what i take at any dose but my back is a different story. even if im only on 250mg test a week, or even completely off, my back will be covered in red marks, not even pimples. its nothing scary.. i just want it perfect.

i've tried everything from benzoyl peroxide cream in the shower, salicylic acid, exfoliating loofah scrubs, even dermatologist prescribed creams. those are not effective not even in the least bit. the only thing that really helps is laying out in the summertime or UV exposure in general. but i'm not sure if that just hides it or actually gets rid of it.

i suggested to my dermatologist to give me accutane at a low dose and see how it goes and he said no because i have great skin and that it's probably because i'm still a young guy with "highly active hormones" (lol). anyway i decided to take matters into my own hands and get myself a 60 day supply of accutane @ 10mg a day.

right now i am on the sixth day and call me crazy but my face skin has become more even and is glowing. my face is almost always clean until i introduce tren to my body (currently doing 350 tren/250 test per week). then it starts producing a lot more oil, causing small blemishes.

i feel my skin producing less oil overall, especially my face. no improvement on my back yet but i'm sure its coming. i'll give it 30 days and then accurately evaluate its effectiveness.

keep us posted because i have a very similar thing on my back...they seem like red marks and they dont fucking change ver...its so annoying..there is no white head it is just read and ingrown hair esque but unchanging. I think it started when i started peptides a few years ago even though GH production is supposed to enhance skin quality and youthfulness.

I was given accutane several years ago by a dermatologist. Within 3 weeks or so my acne was gone and I've never had a problem since. it is very hard on the liver so take care of yourself while using it.

I was given accutane several years ago by a dermatologist. Within 3 weeks or so my acne was gone and I've never had a problem since. it is very hard on the liver so take care of yourself while using it.

What dosages did you use and how bad was your acne?

Last edited:
what should i look out for in my blood work?

Look out for your liver values. I'm on a maintenance dose of 40mg of accutaine twice a week.(take one pill every Monday and Thursday). I've been on for years, bad acne as a teenager and it would flare up on cycle. I get blood work done every 3 months and I'm am monitored by my doc. I've been on accutaine for years by far the best acne treatment, sides are not that bad on a low maintenance dose.

Look out for your liver values. I'm on a maintenance dose of 40mg of accutaine twice a week.(take one pill every Monday and Thursday). I've been on for years, bad acne as a teenager and it would flare up on cycle. I get blood work done every 3 months and I'm am monitored by my doc. I've been on accutaine for years by far the best acne treatment, sides are not that bad on a low maintenance dose.
i'm overdue for bloodwork anyway so i'll check off liver values when i go to the lab on monday. thanks for the tip

I had to use it in high school had super bad acne stay out of. The sun you will burn up but that said with all the sides I never had any but sun burn and I have not had acne since I was 12 years old not one pimple

My experience:

Mid highschool had bad cystic acne, enough to shatter my confidence when talking closely to others, ect....

got perscribed 30mg for 7 months. that is a low dose, trust me. most people today are getting between 40-80... My friend, she's like 5 ft something and weighs like 110.. shes taking 80!!!!! crazy. but because her bloods looked great.

I personally did not ever do bloods during because doc was in other country, only did bloods pre and after. You skin will get really bad the initial month, maybe two.. then start to clear up. I had very dry lips, and middle to the end of the 7 months, I had joint pain that I couldn't even run, but went away immediately after my treatment. The problem with you taking it only two months, it won't be enough affect the cells imo (for a long period of time). You should run for at least 4-7 months... that's if you want it to never come back. of course we hear about the people that get the return of acne about 20 years after but then you could do it again. 2 months would be a waste in my honest opinion.

Doc had me do 30mg (low-moderate dose) since it's highly toxic, and for 7 months so it will never bother me ever again. Years have passed and I get compliments ALL the time on how clear my skin is.. funny

avoid it at all costs. eve years down the road after off you can hve sides pop up. its a really nasty compound. I wont go on and on. but research the genetic damage/sides it could bring. not worth it IMO, and I have had some VERY VERY bad acne. use runs of hard antibiotics before touching that stuff IMO.
here now they even make you sign a liability waver before they will give it to you. sounds good but they play it down, most dont look into it deep enough before taking it in my opinion.

good luck man

I used a lot of different soaps Benzoil peroxide helped but prepare yourself for ruined clothes and sheets(bleached out). I tried dawn soap, helped some . Salcylic acid soap once again helped some . Salt water and tanning with no lotion helped the most . Obviously no practical now 1/25 or for someone not on the coast . I started looking into accutane and iso. I ran research Isotrentinoin at 25mg daily for 4 months . I had the red marks , I call them oil wells, at first but after about 5 weeks they started to go away . It got worse before it got better . After about 2 months I wasn't really getting any outbreaks . On another board I'm on the sponsor / admin recommended a 6 month regiment . I ran out at 4 months and decided , it being winter , to see what would happen . I get a few here and there but nothing to speak of (currently blasting) . It was recommended to me to get a lipid panel along with the standard female hormone panel I normally get and everything came back fine . Watch your alt/ast especially if you are on other harsh orals.

Unfortunately, I don't really have much advice, but I am in the same boat as you.

I have a derm appointment this week and I am actually HOPING to get on isotretinoin/Accutane. I also have mild but persistent acne and bacne which results in some facial and back scarring and hyper-pigmentation. I also have incredibly oily skin.

I'm hoping that my derm puts me on low does isotretinoin.

If acne is really affecting your life to dire circumstances, it definitely sounds like Accutane could be the solution you need. I would say go on Accutane, especially if the dreaded side effects are mitigated with such a low dose.
Read more about Rid Of Pimples!!!!

10mg per day year round. It can fuck your hair up even when you aren't prone to MPB. That's my exerience. Also fucks with your dick kind of like finasteride.

I have a derm appointment this week and I am actually HOPING to get on isotretinoin/Accutane. I also have mild but persistent acne and bacne which results in some facial and back scarring and hyper-pigmentation. I also have incredibly oily skin.

I'm hoping that my derm puts me on low does isotretinoin.

If acne is really affecting your life to dire circumstances, it definitely sounds like Accutane could be the solution you need. I would say go on Accutane, especially if the dreaded side effects are mitigated with such a low dose.
Read more about Get Rid Of Pimples!!!!

I had acne all over my back and it was really ugly. I didn't take any medicine to remove it, though. I just took a bath twice a day, scrubbing it with soap. My acne was gone within a month. The bad side was that I ended up with severe acne scars and some cuts (which eventually resulted in more scars). I use All Purpose Hydroquinone Cream on the scars and they began fading after 2 weeks of daily application. I hope the cream continues to work this well until my scars completely disappear, because all these talk about the side effects of accutane make me afraid to take accutane.

I had acne all over my back and it was really ugly. I didn't take any medicine to remove it, though. I just took a bath twice a day, scrubbing it with soap. My acne was gone within a month. The bad side was that I ended up with severe acne scars and some cuts (which eventually resulted in more scars). I use All Purpose Hydroquinone Cream on the scars and they began fading after 2 weeks of daily application. I hope the cream continues to work this well until my scars completely disappear, because all these talk about the side effects of accutane make me afraid to take accutane.
what dosage where you taking?

Back