are spuats and deads hard on your back

duey

awesome!!
i dont have the best back in the world. thought about doing away with squats and deads because i figured they put to much stress on the back, lifting the extra weight.
but it seems from what ive read that if done with proper form they are not hard on it. wondering what everyone thought about it.

i dont have the best back in the world. thought about doing away with squats and deads because i figured they put to much stress on the back, lifting the extra weight.
but it seems from what ive read that if done with proper form they are not hard on it. wondering what everyone thought about it.

if you mean hard as in back pain, then you are a) lifting too much or b) using poor form or both.

Squats are deads along with presses should be the foundation of any weight training program.

if you mean hard as in back pain, then you are a) lifting too much or b) using poor form or both.

Squats are deads along with presses should be the foundation of any weight training program.

yes referring to back pain.

use proper form and stresses to the knee and back are at a minimum.
If this is just a weak are muscle group that inhibiting good form try hack squats and other machines where the ROM is more strict.You should be able to strengthen the primary movers so good form in a squat obtainable.
As for dead lifting start low and find an ol'power lifter in your gym and stick with him.You need a third party perspective to correct your form.

use proper form and stresses to the knee and back are at a minimum.
If this is just a weak are muscle group that inhibiting good form try hack squats and other machines where the ROM is more strict.You should be able to strengthen the primary movers so good form in a squat obtainable.
As for dead lifting start low and find an ol'power lifter in your gym and stick with him.You need a third party perspective to correct your form.

+1 Solid advice could not improve on it if i wanted too.

its hard at first i remember my first dead lifts and squats. they SUCKED.
start off with a very low weight..get your form perfect. once you get your form perfect, and your comforatable, I GUARENTEE that your balance and strength will take over.
my first deadlift was 95lbs. 6 months later went up to 185

FORM has to be perfect.

SQUAT-
-Ass out as far as you can(your gonna feel gay the first time but youll get used to it)
-You should also look up at the ceiling when starting off - doing this will line up the top half of your spine to its proper postion.
-experiment from narrow stance, to medium stance, to wide-duck feet stance.

DeadLiFt-
-pick the bar up and hump it
- reverse the motion - set it down SLOWLY(unlike most assholes at the gym)
WHen picking it back up off the ground..squeeze your traps first, taking the first impact of weight, and THEN push off with your heels. shoulders back

both excerizes..90% of the weight should be on your heels.
the other 10% - toes and soles of your feet - is just to keep your balance

DEAD LIFTS and SQUATS are the best thing I ever did for my body(besides bench press)

DO THEM!!

Last edited:
Agrreeeed..Squat s and dead s are the ultimate mass/strength builders..you yung un s need to take proper warm up into account and mind your form..disks ..ligaments... miniscus and cartlidge will all suffer from improper adherance to this..

lol. you better get use to it. If there were only one exercise that i was allowed to do it would be squats. It is the most complete exercise developed, and your whole body will grow from it. I however am not a fan of deadlifts.

^^^^ thats how i feel about deads, although i do both religiously. i think deads work some 30 different muscles, more than any other exercise.

Back