Are the.22 syringe filters necessary??

Norsegod

Gym=My Drug
The first time I brewed I used the .45 um filters and had no problem at all, but then I read someone on ology saying that .22 should be used for being. I had no poo last time, no infection, nothing. It also only took twenty minutes to completely make and filter last time. This time I began making my gear last night and it just finished filtering this morning. I tried to use a caulk gun and I broke the first filter. These smaller pore size filters are a pain in the ass. Will i be okay going back to the larger pore size or am I stuck using these annoying things?

Thanks in advance.

Ive heard mixed people say .45 are fine. I personally use .22. I have used .45s and noticed the PIP to be a little worse than the .22

I would stick with .22 and get a bottletop system to make things easier on you.

150 ml Nalgene bottle top filters are pretty awesome, and only double the price of one syringe filters, but it's nice to be able to crank up the vacuum and walk away. 250ml Media bottle is pretty cheap, multi use etc. Just have to splurge on some open top caps and septas to make it easy, but again, multiple uses out of them.

I've always used 45s. Bottle tops I'll use 22s. My forearms aren't big enough for 22 syringe filtering!

My forearms aren't big enough for 22 syringe filtering!

MORE GEAR! UP THAT DOSE, BRO!

Hah, I took everyone's advice and haven't touched syringe filters. The cost is not that much worse for a small batch, and you can run multiple gears through the same filter if doing several small batches at once. Any cross gear contamination can be taken care of by keeping a few ml of carrier oil separate from your first hormone's total volume, run it through the filter at the end to do a sort of clean, then start your next batch, new media bottle etc. The 250ml ones are cheap as hell.

Back