Aromatase inhibitor(AI) usage

AI usage for a basic test cycle..

• Total voters
Interesting. The nolva idea seems like it might be a good one. I have some nolva on hand, but more clomid. Would that work the same way?

By the way, I'm tossing up a few more pics as thanks. Keep the feedback coming!

O.K. apparently Nolvadex is better for blocking estrogen receptors than Clomid is....

CLOMID..... it is not nearly as effective as nolvadex for this purpose...BLOCKING ARs

It also opposes the negative feedback loop that the body has with regards to estrogen and the HPTA (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular-Axis), and this in turn stimulates LH (Leutenizing Hormone) and FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone). LH and FSH, in turn stimulate the release of testosterone.
Source: Steroid.com....Profiles

Apparently 20mg of Nolvadex is equal to 150mg of Clomid strength wise by raising testosterone levels 150%

Although both Nolvadex and Clomid are both SERMs, they are actually quite different. As you already know, Nolvadex is highly anti-estrogenic at the hypothalamus and pituitary, while Clomid exhibits weak estrogenic activity at the pituitary....
Source: Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)

Based on what I just read Novadex seems to be the better choice for gynecomastia prevention as well as post cycle therapy. Apparently taking more than 20 mg per day of Nolvadex is not really all that much more beneficial and anything over 40 does not increase testosterone production more at all. Interesting.....Arimidex is the same taking .5mg per day or 1 mg per day yield the same results....maybe all the SERMs and AIs are like that.

I know the hypothalamus releases Gonadatropin Releasing Hormone (GnRH) which causes the pituitary gland to release Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) which stimulates the testes to release testosterone. Now Nolvadex and Clomid somehow cause FSH and LH to begin producing again in the pituitary gland but I do not understand how....I am confused about it. Apparently Nolvadex acts as an anti estrogen somehow in the pituitary gland and this causes the FSH and LH release......it blocks gene transcription in some estrogen receptors and initiates gene transcription in others...the SELECTIVE part of the acronym SERM.

Anyways based on the data I just read Nolvadex is better for your purposes of gynecomastia prevention.

Keep in mind I am still learning about steroids maybe someone with more experience with Clomid and Nolvadex will give you better info.

Last edited:
ok call out time.

557mustang, Damnbuffalo, freakinhuge, hockeyfan2185, joshag, MOjs13, stang28, webmouth247

Please explain why we must use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) no matter what.

Simply put, because that is probably what they read somewhere. Or were told by some 'VET'. This is usually when something bad happens, such as bottoming out your E2, or your lipids go to shit.

Remember, everyone is different. Find what works for you and evaluate needs based on those findings.

Actually there is a difference in the way the two work I mean both block estrogen receptors but they work differently......I think....... on the luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormones....I think one mimicks LH and one causes natural LH production but I am not good enough to know that off the top of my head....I will look it up for you.

By the way I am really jealous of you because you have a gorgeous Asian wife that loves you.....I would trade every Thai girl I have had for one beautiful Asian girl that loves me and wants to marry me. One day I will find her.

Thanks for all your help. I think I will try a low dosage of nolva if it continues to be sensitive. For the moment it's calmed down again and I don't want to mess with my E levels too much if not necessary.

No need to be jealous, I am sure you will find the right one for you!

ok call out time.

557mustang, Damnbuffalo, freakinhuge, hockeyfan2185, joshag, MOjs13, stang28, webmouth247

Please explain why we must use an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) no matter what.

It's a personal thing and I don't recommend it to everyone. Woke up with a bit of itchy nipples years ago from dbol. I will never forget that "oh shit" moment so I am a little gun shy to this day. I use very low doses of adex every 3rd day. Mostly to keep down the bloat.

Last edited:
Personally I never touch my Aromasin unless im a lil itchy or sore and then I run 12.5 mg eod until I dont feel it anymore and then I stop.

Back