Ask yourself this question: “How much is every year of my life worth to me?”

Milton

Administrator
Most of the side effects related to steroids are cosmetic and will disappear when one discontinues their use. But those that aren***8217;t are the most important to understand and treat as necessary. Most of these cannot be seen or felt, and all are related to issues of cardiovascular health. Steroids can adversely affect cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels, and hypertension, which over time can and will lead to an increase in heart disease.

Always monitor your resting heart rate and blood pressure on a weekly basis when taking steroids and have your cholesterol and triglycerides checked every six months if you are using steroid consistently. These are not problems you can live with, ignore them and you may very well die much earlier than you would have otherwise.
Ask yourself this question: How much is every year of my life worth to me?
If you ignore the potential for an increased risk of heart disease when using anabolic steroids, you are essentially answering the question with, Very little indeed.

Last edited:
Always monitor your resting heart rate and blood pressure on a weekly basis when taking steroids and have your cholesterol and triglycerides checked every six months if you are using steroid consistently. These are not problems you can live with, ignore them and you may very well die much earlier than you would have otherwise.
If you ignore the potential for an increased risk of heart disease when using anabolic steroids, you are essentially answering the question with, Very little indeed.

There is definitely wisdom in this statement... making sure you are mitigating the effect of ANY lifestyle decision is critical. I think it is part of the discipline necessary to be in this game. Otherwise what is the point. I am in my late 40s and still enjoy TRT and hitting the gym (while certainly not like in my 20-30s) and looking the best I can. When possible, all of us should get a basic physical with the necessary labs mentioned above. I realize sometimes money can be tight and doc visits/labs can be expensive but it can save lives and prevent serious bad news. Stay healthy guys and gals.

There is definitely wisdom in this statement... making sure you are mitigating the effect of ANY lifestyle decision is critical. I think it is part of the discipline necessary to be in this game. Otherwise what is the point. I am in my late 40s and still enjoy TRT and hitting the gym (while certainly not like in my 20-30s) and looking the best I can. When possible, all of us should get a basic physical with the necessary labs mentioned above. I realize sometimes money can be tight and doc visits/labs can be expensive but it can save lives and prevent serious bad news. Stay healthy guys and gals.

true that, well written.

Most of the side effects related to steroids are cosmetic and will disappear when one discontinues their use. But those that aren***8217;t are the most important to understand and treat as necessary. Most of these cannot be seen or felt, and all are related to issues of cardiovascular health. Steroids can adversely affect cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels, and hypertension, which over time can and will lead to an increase in heart disease.

:insane2:

Back