Awesome Post

Gimp said:
needsize DOES not train with 5x5.

Maybe not at the moment, but he used to. Anyway, that was just an example. How about another one? That one guy, Dave whatever his name, the powerlifter who dieted down and looked bigger than most bodybuilders. Rememer him? Yeah, guess how he trains.

"Symmetry" is more about genetics than it is about training, as long as you are hitting the whole body anyway. Only people who train retarded (like only doing upper body, never hitting legs) really can negatively impact their symmetry through training.

Behemoth said:
Maybe not at the moment, but he used to. Anyway, that was just an example. How about another one? That one guy, Dave whatever his name, the powerlifter who dieted down and looked bigger than most bodybuilders. Rememer him? Yeah, guess how he trains.

"Symmetry" is more about genetics than it is about training, as long as you are hitting the whole body anyway. Only people who train retarded (like only doing upper body, never hitting legs) really can negatively impact their symmetry through training.
Oh yeah that one guy.

I totally agree that most of it is genetics.

jcp2 said:
All you bodybuilders here please post some pics. Before i got into powerlifting i never called myself a bodybuilder. If you are please lets see it. This thread is not abot powerlifting, it is about putting muscle on. The difference between a powerlifter and a gym rat is basically going to be exercise selection and how we set up the workout. The principles don't really change too much, some, but you still have to overload the muscle.

do i really have to show you my abs :rolleyes:

Squats all the way to the bottom, errr ok i will start that but if my ass grows there will be hell on.....

Quality post by the way....

I dont currently train 5x5, but most of my mass came from it. I am just at a point where I need something else, thats where the trainer comes in, I have never had one before.
But historically all my size came from heavy mass building exercises, that why I can deadlift 500lbs for easy sets of 10 reps, and squat 500lbs for easy reps, ass to the floor, by sticking with heavy basics.....but I am also at a point where I need more isolation stuff to bring up weaker areas, but until you have that much mass, then the basics, ie bench, squat, deadlift, close grip bench, etc, are where you should be concentrating

Back