Azumah retires...damn...

lavee383

Sir Ngr to you.
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=14727

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Walking away with fond memories and no regrets after seven seasons with the Bears, cornerback Jerry Azumah announced his retirement on Thursday.
"It's not a sad day; it's a good day," Azumah said during a press conference at Halas Hall. "I had a lot of fun, a lot of success, a lot of ups and downs throughout my time in the NFL. But it's been a wonderful experience.
Azumah, 28, played in 105 career games with 49 starts after being selected by the Bears in the fifth round of the 1999 draft. Injuries to his neck and hip that required surgery robbed the 5-10, 192-pounder of his explosiveness and contributed to his decision to retire.

Why the HELL did the Bears sign Brian Griese? They have Grossman and Orton at QB, and Grossman should be decent in the future. Griese isn't THAT good.

As far as Azumah goes, it's a hit to that potent defense from last season. Let's see if they can be as good as they were last year. With Urlacher in the middle of that D, there's no reason why they shouldn't still have that good D.

injuries suck but its part of the game. i thought Alstott was done after his neck injury luckily he came back. i am sure the bears will draft or find some one to replace him next season.

yeah i have no idea as to why they picked up greese...he's supposed to be Grossman's backup...so KO is 3rd string again...i think it's a bullshit move...

YanksWS96 said:
Why the HELL did the Bears sign Brian Griese? They have Grossman and Orton at QB, and Grossman should be decent in the future. Griese isn't THAT good.

Grossman + Orton = BAD

Back