Back to the forum after a long time. I need help getting dialed in again please.

SilverBackGorilla

I like bananas
Well, it's been a while since I've been on here, life has thrown me a bunch of curve balls to say the least. Trying to get back to feeling better and I was hoping some of my old friends on here and maybe some new ones can help me get my mind and body back to where they should be. I'll save you the drama for later and start by telling you what my shot schedule and dosage is right now. I think I have crashed my estrogen and I am getting bloodwork done in the morning (Monday AM) first thing.

Right now I am taking 100mg of test cyp and 1mg of arimadex every 3.5 days along with 500iu of hcg at each shot. I am supposed to do my shots Monday mornings and Wednesday evenings.

I am of the opinion that I have tanked my estrogen. I had seen another doctor recently about my depression and she had me cut my testosterone down and stop the arimadex for a few weeks saying that was adding to my depression and of course I told her that I wasn't changing anything unless she monitored both my testosterone and my estrogen. After a heated disagreement I upped the test again and now I am really in a funk.

So my plan for today and tomorrow is to skip my shots and arimadex tonight, get my bloodwork done in the morning and do my 100mg shot in my car before work and not take the arimadex until private MD labs has my results and post back here on this thread.

I believe my estrogen is tanked because of the extreme fatigue and joint pain (mostly lower back) that I am having as well as overall fatigue and now most recently erectile dysfunction like I have never had before. I have absolutely no interest in sex even though I have a beautiful woman to be with. Who by the way is very understanding to all this.

Anyway, if you can find the time to help guide me to feeling better and fixing these problems I would be forever grateful. Thanks in advance and it's good to post back here. I am open to suggestions of course. Have a great day!!

P.S. I am off ALL antidepressants and the only med I am on is Thyroxine which I have started recently, before that a was on Armour for my thyroid. That new doc switched me at the same time she started playing with my TRT. Not sure if thyroid medications can affect sex drive and erections though.

Last edited:
2mg of adex per week for 200mg of testosterone per week is a lot. It is possible that your E2 is too low. I would recommend getting the LC-MS (sensitive) E2 assay and see where is coming in at -- along with the other normal labs. Then we don't have to guess as to what is going on.

2mg of adex per week for 200mg of testosterone per week is a lot. It is possible that your E2 is too low. I would recommend getting the LC-MS (sensitive) E2 assay and see where is coming in at -- along with the other normal labs. Then we don't have to guess as to what is going on.

I may have already messed up. This morning I ordered the female hormone panel from Private MD labs. It just has the regular E2. Any suggestions on how to fix that? It's been so long since I've done this.

Wow, there are so many new panels since I was on there before. Can you tell me exactly which one to order?

Last edited:
The female panel is fine to tell you what ballpark you are in. Don't sweat it.

For 200 mg Test per week you are taking about 4x too much adex. With 2x 500 IU HCG it may not be as high as 4x, but probably still too much.

Let's see what your labs show.

As stated.....too much adex. You can get an idea from the test you've ordered. Me personally, I would drop the adex for a week of two then start at a lower dose. (.25mg per shot)

The first thing that came to mind was ^^^ too much Adex for sure.

I always got a sensitive assay so I have no guess work.

OMM

Last edited:
Well, I had already ordered the test so I went ahead and got the blood drawn. Now we wait. I'm going to do my shot tonight, it will be 100mg and I won't take any arimadex. Does that sound good to you guys? I will do my next shot of 100mg on Friday morning with no arimadex again. Hopefully my labs will be back by then. How long should I wait to retest my bloodwork? I will get the sensitive E2 then. Thanks guys.

So, you were looking for some guidance on the blood test? I'll give you my opinions.

Saying you are female only adjusts the ranges, and puts that bit about pregnancy under E2

Hematocrit is too high, you should go donate blood right away. You'll feel better after you do.

Glucose is on the high end, like maybe you were not fasted. I'd keep an eye on that, and check A1C next time you get a chance. If you didn't fast then don't sweat it.

Kidneys seem a bit wonky with high creatinine. Could be supplements or aggressively working out the day before the test.

Liver looks great

Test is in a good range at 661

E2 is a whisker low, but definitely not tanked. Depending on age mid to upper 20's would be better, but with the test you took being perhaps +/- 10 it's too close to make any judgements. Get the sensitive test next time.

Ok, awesome! Been planning on donating. I am going to order a new test and have it ready for when I'm feeling great. Then I will have numbers to go along with how I'm feeling. Thanks for the replies so far!!!

So these are trough results right?

Without knowing that, I basically echo everyone else.

Donate blood.

Kidneys are weird. I have never seen high creatinine and low egfr.

I personally would want my TT higher. But 661 isn't bad.

E2 is too low. Try cutting the weekly adex dosage in half.

So these are trough results right?

Without knowing that, I basically echo everyone else.

Donate blood.

Kidneys are weird. I have never seen high creatinine and low egfr.

I personally would want my TT higher. But 661 isn't bad.

E2 is too low. Try cutting the weekly adex dosage in half.

Yes, definitely at the trough. Where should I want my testosterone levels to be right before my shot? I am surprised my testosterone is that low on 200mg a week really. Seems it used to be higher on that amount. I just want to get dialed back in to optimal numbers. I have more testosterone on hand if you think I should up it. Please guide me. I will go give blood ASAP Also, when should I get bloodwork again?

I would only change one thing at time. Right now I would lower your AI dosage and see if that helps.

I figure if I am going to the bother of doing TRT, that I what my TT to be near the upper end of the normal range. So I am usually around 1000 on 200mg/wk (trough).

What is your height, weight and body fat Percentage? It comes into play for your numbers.

You don't have to panic to donate blood. Just try to do it regularly and keep up with it

If you only change your AI and nothing else I think you could get blood work again in a couple of weeks. Longer though if you have or do make other changes. If I remember right you just changed your injections. If so maybe wait about 2-3 months on your current protocol.

I would only change one thing at time. Right now I would lower your AI dosage and see if that helps.

I figure if I am going to the bother of doing TRT, that I what my TT to be near the upper end of the normal range. So I am usually around 1000 on 200mg/wk (trough).

What is your height, weight and body fat Percentage? It comes into play for your numbers.

You don't have to panic to donate blood. Just try to do it regularly and keep up with it

If you only change your AI and nothing else I think you could get blood work again in a couple of weeks. Longer though if you have or do make other changes. If I remember right you just changed your injections. If so maybe wait about 2-3 months on your current protocol.

I'm 6'2 and around 300lbs. Not in shape right now. Lost my job I August and subsequently stopped going to the gym. I'm sure my added bodyfat has changed my testosterone numbers. I am trying to get motivated to go back to the gym. I have a new job but I am gone a lot more than I was before and am having a very hard time finding time to meal prep and workout and I get no help at home. Things are not good. I would like to bring my testosterone numbers up a bit and have my E2 at a good range to where I feel good. Should I run another week with no Arimadex to bring my E2 up a bit and then add the arimadex back in and maybe bump my test up to 240mg a week split twice a week and take .5mg arimadex with each shot? I'm not sure how long it takes to bring my E2 up to where I should start the Arimadex again. I'm afraid to feel like that again. I feel a little bit better skipping the arimadex the other day. I'm due a shot tonight. I also do not want to be a pain in the ass here, I genuinely need help right now and had nowhere else to turn but to you guys. And I see your point about not changing too much but I can feel that my testosterone is low compared to how I used to feel. I will work on my diet and make time for the gym. So maybe 120mg test shot tonight with no arimadex and then on Tuesday morning I take another 120mg of test and .5 arimadex and run like that for a month?

That sounds like a good plan to me. Don't forget your hCG with each injection too.

Definitely get the diet going. That's the fastest way to make an impact. And just do the little things that make a difference if you can't go to the y. Park far away and walk. Take the stairs instead on the elevator. Bring your lunch to work instead of eating out. Go for a walk during your lunch break. Etc.

Can HCG cause a libido issue like I'm having? I have only been on 500iu per shot for a month or so. Before I knew my E2 was low and causing me problems I upped it from 250iu to 500iu per shot. My erectile issues seemed to get worse. The only reason I started taking it to begin with is because I didnt want my testicles to shrivel. Could this be adding to my problems and not helping??? Thanks guys.

Can HCG cause a libido issue like I'm having? I have only been on 500iu per shot for a month or so. Before I knew my E2 was low and causing me problems I upped it from 250iu to 500iu per shot. My erectile issues seemed to get worse. The only reason I started taking it to begin with is because I didnt want my testicles to shrivel. Could this be adding to my problems and not helping??? Thanks guys.

I think it is unlikely that it is causing you any problems. I think it is driven by your E2 problems.

I think it is unlikely that it is causing you any problems. I think it is driven by your E2 problems.

I worked with a buddy a while ago that was on TRT. His doctor told him to take his HCG every single day at bedtime for a weekly total of 1000. He said it mimicked how the pituitary would produce naturally. What are your thoughts on that.

Back