Bacteriostatic Sterile Water VS Bacteriostatic Water for HCG and filtering

taymag

Do I need Bacteriostatic Sterile Water or do I just buy the Bacteriostatic Water? I assume most buy the Bacteriostatic Water and filter it in with HCG mix to make it sterile? Also wondering how to transfer the HCG and if you have to filter it into the new vial. Thanks

Not sure if I am allowed to post this but these are the 2 links I cant figure out on...
:link deleted:
:link deleted:

Bacteriostatic Sterile Water USP, 30ml (Details)
Hospira Bacteriostatic Water for injection Usp is a chemically designed non-pyrogenic, sterile water used only to dissolve or dilute drugs prior to injection. Multiple-dose 30 mL vial containing 0.9% (9 mg/mL) of benzyl alcohol (C6H5CH2OH) added as a bacteriostatic preservative. 30 ml multi-dose plastic vials that contain benzyl alcohol. The pH is 5.7 (4.5 to 7.0). The semi-rigid vial is fabricated from sprcially formulated polyolefin. It is a copolymer of ethylene and propylene. The safety of the plastic has been confirmed by tests in animals according to USP biological standards for plastic containers. The container requires no vapor barrier to maintain the proper label volume. This product is not for the use in neonates.

Bacteriostatic Water USP, 30ml (Details)
Bacteriostatic, 0.9% Sodium Chloride USP, 30ml
Hospira Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride for injection USP is a sterile, multiple dose vial that repeated withdrawals may be made to dilute or dissolve drugs for medication. Each milliliter (ml) contains sodium chloride 9 mg and 0.9% (9 mg/ml) benzyl alcohol added as a bacteriostatic preservative. May contain hydrochloric acid for pH adjustment. The pH is 5.0 (4.5 to 7.0).

Last edited:
AFAIK, all bacteriostatic water you buy is sterile. I suppose they can sell it otherwise, but what is the point? That would be like buying already opened food jars.

EDIT: Your second link is Sodium Chloride. Choose the Bacteriostatic Sterile Water USP, 30ml. Also, you are not allowed to put links to non-sponsors, so please remove them. You can keep the descriptions. :)

Last edited:
I was just confused that it said "sterile water used only to dissolve or dilute drugs prior to injection" which I assume means within 30 days.. Thanks for the heads up, links deleted

One more question, with that bac water, I don't need to filter right? Just add to the sterile empty vial with the mix? The HCG comes in amps so they will be exposed to air while mixing before transferred...

Can someone confirm what bac water to buy?

Bacteriostatic Sterile Water USP, 30ml (Details)
Hospira Bacteriostatic Water for injection Usp is a chemically designed non-pyrogenic, sterile water used only to dissolve or dilute drugs prior to injection. Multiple-dose 30 mL vial containing 0.9% (9 mg/mL) of benzyl alcohol (C6H5CH2OH) added as a bacteriostatic preservative. 30 ml multi-dose plastic vials that contain benzyl alcohol. The pH is 5.7 (4.5 to 7.0). The semi-rigid vial is fabricated from sprcially formulated polyolefin. It is a copolymer of ethylene and propylene. The safety of the plastic has been confirmed by tests in animals according to USP biological standards for plastic containers. The container requires no vapor barrier to maintain the proper label volume. This product is not for the use in neonates.

Bacteriostatic Water USP, 30ml (Details)
Bacteriostatic, 0.9% Sodium Chloride USP, 30ml
Hospira Bacteriostatic Sodium Chloride for injection USP is a sterile, multiple dose vial that repeated withdrawals may be made to dilute or dissolve drugs for medication. Each milliliter (ml) contains sodium chloride 9 mg and 0.9% (9 mg/ml) benzyl alcohol added as a bacteriostatic preservative. May contain hydrochloric acid for pH adjustment. The pH is 5.0 (4.5 to 7.0).

Back