Barbell Rows

HeHateMe

Do you use an overhand grip or reverse grip?

I usually go with the reverse grip but just switched up my routine, and I'm giving overhand grip a try.

Can't use quite as much weight, that's for sure...

I'm currently using underhand grip...i feel a tighter squeeze in the back and feel it works my bi's a little more too.

overhand pendlay rows. Off the ground. Most rows look like a bastardized shrug.

the key to rows imo is where you bring the bar too if you go high its upperback and rear delts and if you pull it low on the gut its lower/middle back . switch the grip up for variety if your worried about it .

LiftTillIDie said:
You can't lift nearly as much weight underhand.

I can handle more weight underhand. I use good form doing it either way (not impeccable kiana tom type form, but good form nonetheless) but can handle a decent amount more with the underhand grip.

HeHateMe said:
Do you use an overhand grip or reverse grip?

I usually go with the reverse grip but just switched up my routine, and I'm giving overhand grip a try.

Can't use quite as much weight, that's for sure...

i rotate grips

DADAWG said:
the key to rows imo is where you bring the bar too if you go high its upperback and rear delts and if you pull it low on the gut its lower/middle back . switch the grip up for variety if your worried about it .
I agree with this. I switch up depending on what area of the back I'm trying to hit.

actually fellas that ove/under grip is great and you have to switch your hands up as well. its def an exercise variation for reps not something you wanna put 200 lbs on to do. the femal clients like this exercise if that tells you anything, it s a godd variation if your into that type of thing. so not retarded just womanly hahaha

HeHateMe said:
I can handle more weight underhand. I use good form doing it either way (not impeccable kiana tom type form, but good form nonetheless) but can handle a decent amount more with the underhand grip.

Physiologically this doesn't make sense to me.

I've heard Pendlay rows described on this Board a number of times. Does anyone know of a good link to a clip?

Back