Basic TRT Overview

I am going to see if my doctor will prescribe me Human Choronic Gonadotropin, due to testicle shrinkage. If he does not, what type of substance is this so I know where to search to find it online for purchase? Also, does it have any "pet" names (to aid in the search)? I looked on RUI but did not find it.

EDIT: Found out it is a peptide hormone, but that really does not help me. Are there any advertisers/supporters on this site who you can steer me towards who can help me with further information?

Last edited:
I am going to see if my doctor will prescribe me Human Choronic Gonadotropin, due to testicle shrinkage. If he does not, what type of substance is this so I know where to search to find it online for purchase? Also, does it have any "pet" names (to aid in the search)? I looked on RUI but did not find it.

EDIT: Found out it is a peptide hormone, but that really does not help me. Are there any advertisers/supporters on this site who you can steer me towards who can help me with further information?

It is commonly called hCG. There are several brands out there. RUI does not carry it.

Excellent sticky! Just got my results back from the doc, 241.8 and of course it says that I'm normal, yeah for a 100 yr. old man and I'm 55! Good thing I stumbled on to your forum! Otherwise I'd of just swallowed the Doc's advise. I should have known better. Thanks again for all the info!

Scott

Good info Megatron --- Would Proviron be as good or better than Arimidex to control E2 when absorbing about 150 mg of T (Androgel) per month when total T seems to stabilize at around 550 at that level? Using more T gel raises my Total T to around 800+ level but does not make my health seam any better than the less T... actually seams to make health come and go more with being more prone to sweating and over heating or being run down. Doc's have never checked my E2 so I guess I will have to push them (or do it myself).. Mentioned it once and they said no need....

I'm wondering what it's like being on trt and wanting to take a cycle. What would you tell your doc? If you are on trt can you not take cycles of aas anymore?

I'm wondering what it's like being on trt and wanting to take a cycle. What would you tell your doc? If you are on trt can you not take cycles of aas anymore?

You should not talk to your doctor about cycles. If you have questions about cycles, please post them in the Anabolic forum.

I have a doubt. I started TRT but feel an anxiety to be subjecting myself to this therapy. It's normal to be apprehensive? I used 100ml cypionate once a week. My testosterone increased from 240 to 700 and I'm 45 years old. I'm asking this for you a track record of generalized anxiety crisis. I fear that TRT can be a trigger to cause another crisis. For my endocrinologist and psychiatrist anxiety is pure concern of mind. But as I am anxious and insecure need more confirmations from others. Thank you writing from Brazil

I have a doubt. I started TRT but feel an anxiety to be subjecting myself to this therapy. It's normal to be apprehensive? I used 100ml cypionate once a week. My testosterone increased from 240 to 700 and I'm 45 years old. I'm asking this for you a track record of generalized anxiety crisis. I fear that TRT can be a trigger to cause another crisis. For my endocrinologist and psychiatrist anxiety is pure concern of mind. But as I am anxious and insecure need more confirmations from others. Thank you writing from Brazil

I am confused. Are you anxious about starting TRT or is TRT causing you to have anxiety attacks?

If the latter, do you know what your estradiol is at? Some guys experience anxiety attacks while on TRT if their estradiol is too low or too high.

Yeah explain I want to know as well.

Thanks Megatron, this was useful. I'm seeing my primary physician again in a few days to get fresh blood work done.

These are what I'll be asking for:
Leutenizing Hormone (LH)
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Free Testosterone
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
Thyroid Panel (TSH, T3, T4, Free T3, Free T4, FTI, THBR)
Prolactin (Will tell us if Pituitary is problem)
Estrogen E2 (Estradiol) (already know this is a bit on the high side but will re-test)
Vitamin-D (pretty sure this is low as i'm stuck in the office all day)
Blood drawn first thing in the morning ? (Fasted? My Dr appointment is at noon)

That should be a good place to start and narrow down my diagnosis and give me some specific options for further treatment correct?

Thanks Megatron, this was useful. I'm seeing my primary physician again in a few days to get fresh blood work done.

Leutenizing Hormone (LH)
Free Testosterone
Estrogen E2 (Estradiol) (already know this is a bit on the high side but will re-test)

That should be a good place to start and narrow down my diagnosis and give me some specific options for further treatment correct?

Fasted only matter for glucose.

Add in CBC and Metbolic Profile too.

Good luck.

Leutenizing Hormone (LH)
Free Testosterone

You missed one thyroid test:
RT3
why not add that in as well, since you are going the distance.

I can't seem to find the panel that includes all of that on Private Md labs for 142.00 after the discount as posted in the original post. Can anyone give me a direct link? I have done the women's hormone panel a few time but I would like to get the full panel. Thank you.

I can't seem to find the panel that includes all of that on Private Md labs for 142.00 after the discount as posted in the original post. Can anyone give me a direct link? I have done the women's hormone panel a few time but I would like to get the full panel. Thank you.

Just type Hormone Panel for Males in their search bar. It is right there. $172 before the 15% discount. I assume you are signed up for their newsletter and get their coupon codes, but here is the current one. It should be pretty easy to find the panel if you just use their search function.

KE97T1

Getting dialed in how long after the injection would you suggest getting your blood work?

Depends.

If this was your first injection, follow up labs shouldn't be assessed until roughly 6-8 weeks after you've begun treatment.

If you've already been on TRT for awhile, the most valuable labs will be taken at your trough (lowest point). That means have labs drawn just prior to your next injection. So if you were injecting every 7 days, you'd want your labs to be drawn on day 7 but before you inject that day.

Back