Basic TRT Overview

Recent blood work showed E2 at 55.3 (0.0-39.8)

I've been experiencing high BP, Red face etc. Hgb was 17.1 (14.0-17.1) donated blood started Arimidrex and symptoms remain the same.

I meant bloodwork after starting the Arimidex.

Your hypertension could be caused by something else, or a combination of things. But it's only been 2 weeks since starting the Arimidex anyway. It may just take more time for your hormones to settle down. Or maybe your dose needs adjusting. Tough to say at this point.

Your labs should provide some insight as to what's going on. Update us when you get them and we can help you out.

This is a great write up. One thing that would be nice is to know the low/high ranges of each test type for the blood work. I'm guessing the places that perform the blood work give you the ranges for each test type?

This is a great write up. One thing that would be nice is to know the low/high ranges of each test type for the blood work. I'm guessing the places that perform the blood work give you the ranges for each test type?

Yes, the labs (or Google) provide reference ranges.

Wow, just joined the forum and this thread is the first thing I looked at. This TRT overview is super helpful. So glad I joined!

In other words run a cycle?

Doubtful that your TT would return to the normal range if you started out hypogonadal.

If you don't want to do TRT, just try an HPTA Restart which would involve possibly using hCG. Clomid and Nolva or just some of them.

Hi maybe you could help, I tried to make a thread but I had not been aproved yet.

am fit, have not a lot of fat and until 2 months ago had no signs of low T other than waking up in the middle of the night (ever since divorce almost one year), but the past two months libido is gone. Did some blood work and FSH, LH and T are at the bottom of normal range. Went to a psychiatrist and endo and both said it was depression and I´m on AD meds for the past 5 days.

Had no courage to go to a TRT clinic in fear on being on meds for the rest of my life

My numbers

Total T 289 ng/dl (reference 241 to 827)
FSH 2,2 mUI/ml
LH 2,6 mUI/ml (reference 1,5 to 9,3)
Estradiol 33,3 pg/ml

Hi maybe you could help, I tried to make a thread but I had not been aproved yet.

am fit, have not a lot of fat and until 2 months ago had no signs of low T other than waking up in the middle of the night (ever since divorce almost one year), but the past two months libido is gone. Did some blood work and FSH, LH and T are at the bottom of normal range. Went to a psychiatrist and endo and both said it was depression and I´m on AD meds for the past 5 days.

Had no courage to go to a TRT clinic in fear on being on meds for the rest of my life

My numbers

Total T 289 ng/dl (reference 241 to 827)
FSH 2,2 mUI/ml
LH 2,6 mUI/ml (reference 1,5 to 9,3)
Estradiol 33,3 pg/ml

You are Hypogonadal. You probably aren't depressed. You need to figure out what is causing your low T. If no remedy exists for fixing it, you need to go on TRT.

You are Hypogonadal. You probably aren't depressed. You need to figure out what is causing your low T. If no remedy exists for fixing it, you need to go on TRT.

Any suggestions on how to find the issue? Also why I did not have symptons before if numbers were lower?

Thank you

Any suggestions on how to find the issue? Also why I did not have symptons before if numbers were lower?

Thank you

Physical exam.

More blood work.

Medical history

Possibly an MRI

Sometimes you get to a tipping point. Your TT could have been dropping over a long period of time and it may have finally got to a point where if had a severe effect. Or maybe you recently experienced and physical trauma. Maybe a pituitary tumor finally reached critical size. Who knows. There are lots of possibilities.

Great info. Will be meeting with my doc in about 2 weeks regarding TRT. Will have a better understanding of what is going on and will be better prepared to ask questions. Thanks for writing this.

I have a friend who fell off a 3rd floor windows straight on his back and almost broke it. But now since the accident his test levels are very low and sperm count low as well.
This happened 10 years ago and he still cannot get his wife or mistress pregnant.

Back