BCAA's???? WTF?

JuicedUpMonkey

Amatuer BodyBuilder
Okay i know i've heard people preach stuff about BCAA's but i always thought getting it from my protein shake was good enough? why is it that taking capsules or powder form of BCAA's is better? and isn't BCAA's simply protein? So could someone clear something up for me, I want to know why i should go out and buy some extra BCAA's because i'm already getting enough from my Protein shakes...

you need extra BCAAs after workout , they are in free form and they get to muscle faster, and muscles are made of BCAAs and other aminos , protein powder , you need to digest it first , to break down to amino acids

you need extra BCAAs after workout , they are in free form and they get to muscle faster, and muscles are made of BCAAs and other aminos , protein powder , you need to digest it first , to break down to amino acids

sooo should I be taking in BCAA's right after a workout before i take in a protein/carb shake? and take in BCAA's before i workout? and before Cardio? And if i'm doing weights and then cardio should i take in some BCAA's after weight training and then before i do cardio?

pre or post is fine.

So anywhere before or after i do my weights and cardio i should take in some BCAA's. I guess if i'm doing cardio first thing on an empty stomach i'm gonna take in some BCAA's before hand. so another thing i'm wondering since protein is made up of different types of amino acids then the simple form BCAA wouldn't it be in someway protein??

Lets just say BCAAs get into the blood quicker than whey, however you want to do it is not that big of a deal. I used to have them during my workout, with Gatorade powder in the gym, shake like hell and sip between sets. Its not rocket science though, this one thing isn't going to change your physique that much, so however you like is probably fine.

Lets just say BCAAs get into the blood quicker than whey, however you want to do it is not that big of a deal. I used to have them during my workout, with Gatorade powder in the gym, shake like hell and sip between sets. Its not rocket science though, this one thing isn't going to change your physique that much, so however you like is probably fine.
Ah okay thank you Mudge, Ya normally i'll just have one scoop protein before with 1/3 cup of oats my PreWO meal about an hour before, but ya i'll definately add in some BCAA's probably during or after my workout. i'll figure it out somewhere to throw them in the mix

post workout bcaa's

Post workout is a great time to take bcaa's You're right though, sometimes you think this crap is just some scam to make somebody more money by selling more bcaa's. But the fact is bcaa's along with carbolyn or waxiemaize post workout is an awesome recovery cocktail. Try it and you will definately know what everyone is raving about, it sounds boring but aminos, especially bcaa's are so very important.

Post workout is a great time to take bcaa's You're right though, sometimes you think this crap is just some scam to make somebody more money by selling more bcaa's. But the fact is bcaa's along with carbolyn or waxiemaize post workout is an awesome recovery cocktail. Try it and you will definately know what everyone is raving about, it sounds boring but aminos, especially bcaa's are so very important.
hmmm, okay so i did ask earlier in this thread but it wasn't exactly answered I don't think, So after a workout would it be best to take in BCAA's first.... and then i dunno lets say 30 minutes later have a Carb/Pro drink? or how about i have BCAA's right before i get to the gym and then simply have my carb/pro drink after i'm done? But i tend to have whey protein/oats about an hour before i get to the gym.. and whey Protein/Dextrose after... I dunno know if i'm asking the same questions as i'm exhausted right now, I'm just trying to find the best place to put those BCAA's in... I had just picked some up the other day along with some glutamine... so like i said just trying to find out when is the BEST to take, Pre or post was said to be fine doesn't matter, so i'll try and figure something out?:worried:

Back