Beast's Log! (With videoeration X Log! (With videos)

So today was squat 10x10, i tried 160 and was SOOOOOO CLOSE, got 8 sets the last two i broke up into sets of 3-4 reps with 30 seconds rest. I was so fatigued that i could NOT feel my legs. Literally didn't know what i was squatting down to but every single rep was below parallel. I am sticking with 160 for next session, this **** if CRAZY. Had some guy try to tell me it wasn't hard, laughed in his face told him to go try it. Guarantee he'll half squat anyways since everyone's ego is up their ass. GVT will humble the hell out of you.
BW today was 215Lbs!
Squat: 160 x 10 x 8 sets then 2 sets were made up of 3-4 reps 30 seconds rest until i hit 20 more reps, this technically was the same but it allowed me to focus on form on those last reps where everything breaks down. So almost like 60-70 seconds rest instead of 90 so maybe it was actually harder... LOL
Got a video of me on my 6th set, i was wiped out even at this point but still grinded em out, It's hard to tell but i could NOT breath and i was dry heaving after the 4-5th sets. I feel so happy i finished this today!!

I'd be worried that you're not going to "feel" the sides...
How are you going to feel that your liver is screwed?

I'd be worried that you're not going to "feel" the sides...
How are you going to feel that your liver is screwed?

To be fair, you should experience some sort of "shutdown" with this type of stack and i have not yet. That's what i meant, You're liver is not just going to be "screwed" one day and wake up. If you take precautions and are not retarded then you shouldn't have to worry about it, precautions + a functioning brain is what will keep you safe.

213Lbs today, strength is starting to go up!
Back/Row Day 10 x 10 (90 second rest)
115 x 10 x 10 did these with 3-4 second negatives, will do this with rows until i need to move the bar faster to get better lat/back stimulation. Next workout i am going to cut my rest periods to 45 seconds, essentially doubling the amount of work done. So far when i increase the weight it is just too much, all that volume adds up really really fast. Intensity is defined as higher % of 1rm or more work done in less time. I am aiming for more work less time! Back is actually growing lats are popping out more.
Chin Ups: BW x 12,12,10. PR on these the first set i could of gotten 14. I might actually rotate these to 10x10 once i hit 20 reps!!

So strength is definitely going up, i am looking a little bigger too. Let the games begin!
I am contemplating 3 days on 1 day off, mainly to let me heal up for squats because they destroy me. This training style is no joke!

Bloods are the only way to know if you are shutdown or not, going on feel is why guys have issues

Okay i started conservatively with bench since i have had shoulder/elbow issues with it. With that said, i REALLY enjoyed my session today!!
Bench 105 x 10 x 10 with 90 seconds rest, Grip with middle finger on rings and brought the bar a little higher. Felt really good to be honest i can "press in a straight line" better from this position and have no pain at all unless i lockout HARD which i avoid. 10x10 is going to improve my bench form drastically and blow my chest up for sure!
Barbell Shrugs: 165 x 10 x 10 with 60 seconds rest felt strong, gonna go up to 175 next session my grip strength is improving.
Dips: 8,6,6

Dips have always been a double edged sword for me they either work extremely well or mess up my shoulder so as a precaution i cut some depth out of it but did them extremely slow. I really really like the exercise but i need to make it work for me and not against me. Felt strong today really solid session, from now on i am taking 1 day off before and 1 day off after my 10x10 squat day. I just need some more time to recover!! To be honest i think i might lower my weight again for squats, i want to actually complete all 10 sets of 10!!! This is the consequence of starting too heavy and being greedy which i will never make this mistake again!

Definitely needed that extra day off!
Well today i actually felt REALLY good, i didn't want to go so light so i adjusted todays session to 10 sets of 5, WOW my form was wayyy better. I felt really in control of all the weights i used, Chest extremely upright, back arched/lats contracted tight as Sh*t! 10x5 feels extremely good compared to 10x10 that just exhausted me, i feel like i actually improved today with my strength/form. Last set looked just like the first IF not better. 205 x 10 sets of 4 next week!

IMO youre going way too light and too high reps etc. Strength comes from heavy weight and maxing out the load that your muscles can handle. The 10x10 is all well and good and has its place but IMO, take it for what its worth, youre borderline doing cardio with weights

IMO youre going way too light and too high reps etc. Strength comes from heavy weight and maxing out the load that your muscles can handle. The 10x10 is all well and good and has its place but IMO, take it for what its worth, youre borderline doing cardio with weights

Dude i 100% agree, kind of bummed on how it was going. My friend recommended me try it and it sounded too good to be true, he is a biochemist and told me i would grow a ton faster for the cycle but my main intention was to get stronger. Oh well you learn! I dropped it to 10 sets of 5 and i am just going to keep adding weight and dropping sets every workout. I do feel like my form has improved a lot from just squatting a lot higher volume. It was more "practice" so to speak.

Today was back day, i felt really good this morning despite not really getting enough sleep so i decided to train.
Back BW @ Workout time was 215Lbs, this morning 214.
Chin Ups: BW x 10 sets of 6 reps with 90 Seconds rest.
Barbell Shrugs with straps: 205 x 25,20 Gonna use straps on these for now once my grip goes, could get soo much more trap development with straps.
Body Rows, Did these hanging from the pull up station i looked like a monkey and were a lot harder than i thought after all those chins 2 Sets of 10 reps

Good session today, i tried the new 1mr vortex. It was alright but it made me feel light headed and almost nauseous. I usually use undisputed cause it's like an intense focus but solid energy. I am about halfway through my cycle and i would say it is pretty good so far, it seems like it is kicking in slower than i thought. I am wondering if the carbopol in it has something to do with it. I mean if the prohormone has been "designed" so to speak to have a certain half life, Wouldn't altering that affect the potency and effects?? Not 100% sure but it's just a theory i came up with.

Am super happy with chins i was able to get 10 sets of 6 reps clean, no doubt this will put some serious mass on my lats/bi's since ihave always gotten that effect even from assisted chins. Joints felt good too!

Approx. 2 Week Cycle Summary

I have experienced some slight strength gains, i started this cycle off with some pretty high training volume and now that i am ramping up the intensity i am without a doubt breaking some previous boundaries work capacity wise. I feel pretty good have experienced some slight mood swinging which i am guessing is from trenavar since i have never used it before. Epi has always made me feel amazing like super alpha, i am noticing some increase in aggressiveness and slightly less tolerance to people. Weight is up about 7Lbs and i am probably with the same maybe a tiny bit less bodyfat. So far so good, gonna keep on rollin' and finish super strong. Got some numbers left to hit with all my lifts. I consider my chins goal achieved, 10x5 with 10lbs would be next...

YES!! First heavy incline work in a long time i broke my previous record, 185 x 4 then i tried bringing my grip in which was stupid and only got 2 reps, dropped from there and hit 175 x 6 pretty easily.
Floor Press drastically improved getting better at it hit 165 x 5 paused on floor easy which this is my sticking point.
Lying tricep extensions some light pump work 35 x 10. 45 x 10. 55 x 10, really slow.
Bodyweight is 209 today but holy crap i am tightening up out of no where!!

I used the old pyramid template today for my pressing and i feel it works a lot better for me and lets me hit a solid daily max/possible PR without feeling destroyed.

Video up later!

Crushed 265 x 5 today on squats for a PR!! Form just keeps getting better and better, my upper/lower back is LOCKED in now. I just need to get more tension through my legs now and the only thing moving will be the bar!!
Hit 315 x 5 on deadlifts for 1 set after as well. Double overhand :) Going to go for 325 the workout after my next squat session. give myself about 8-10 days between deads.
BW @ 215

I see a PR train coming...TOOOOT TOOOOT :)

Did some Back today body weight at 213Lbs
Chins: BW x 6,8,10,12,12,10 Tried a pyramid style rep scheme. Pretty much hit the same reps as last workout with 4 less sets.
Barbell Shrugs w/straps: 275 x 20, failure, failure. The 2 sets to failure were COMPLETE failure like i couldn't even shrug at all anymore. sore as shit!!
Body Weight Rows: 2 sets to failure

This simple session was killer, considering i deadlifted yesterday i figured this would be all i need and i may even consider taking a day off after a squat AND deadlift session. Legs feel pretty good today no soreness yet, but we will see how tomorrow goes...

Hit 195 x 5 and 200 x 4 on bench today!! Both are PR's, i should have saved myself for 200 x 5 i would of gotten it.. Did 2 sets of slow dips then called it a day!

Wasn't feeling absolutely 100% but i still hit 275 x 3, then a set of 2. considering how i felt this went really good. Not going to be deadlifting heavy on the same day as squatting heavy anymore. Did some practice pulls with 135 after this too, bodyweight is 217 :) almost done with this cycle.

Did Weighted Chins, T-Bar Rows and Barbell Shrugs today
Weighted Chins: +15 x 6, +20 x 6, +25 x 5, +30 x 5. +20-30 are PR's never been this strong on chins, on my bw warm up i was pulling the bar below my chest!
Heavy T-Bar Row: 3p x 5, 4p x 5(smaller rom but controlled) 3p25 x 5, 3p x 5
Barbell Shrugs: 295 x 10, 10
Leg Raises 10lb Dumbbell held with feet x 8 x 3 sets
Cable Rope Crunches: 80 x 8, 100 x 8 Was really surprised how strong i was on all these. Really want to improve my lifts and everyone says make sure you hammer that core hard!

Was supposed to do incline but i felt like i could kill flat bench again. Ended up hitting a **** ton of PR's i guess i should just focus on the movement i want to improve on!
Flat Bench Top sets: 205 x 5, 210 x 2, 195 x 5, 185 x 8 ALL PR'S (besides 195) CHRISTMAS DAY IN THE GYM! LOL

Joints were a little irritated today, will take rest accordingly. I have put about 10lbs on my working sets for bench so far, i started around like 195 but barely got it, i hit 205 x 5 i could of gotten 6 MAYBE 7

Last edited:
First day using over/under grip for deadlift, i am right at where i was back when i was 250lbs and deadlifted 415 x 5 touch and go with straps. I could probably hit 405 for 1 so i am right in the same territory. Grip felt really good i am aiming for 365-375 x 3-5 next session :) BW @ 221Lbs

Well today was a rest day and it is definitely needed, might shuffle my rest day to after deadlift day and structure my training rotation as follows:

Day 1: Squat pyramid up to a target set of 3-5 reps, this has been working very well to my squat. 1 set of 2 rep vertical jump after warm up
Day 2: Bench pyramid up to a target set of 5 1 set of 2 rep vertical jump
Day 3: Deadlift pyramid up to a target set of 3-5 1 set of 2 rep vertical jump after warm up
Day 4: OFF
Day 5: Repeat OR off if needed

Since i'll be using pretty low volume my main focus is hitting those top sets and racking up gains every workout. I liked the base layout of 5x5 stronglifts but i simply could not make progress on the lifts by doing them all in one day so i just broke them into their own day, technique will always improve but i feel really comfortable with my lifts. I seem to respond well to low volume with more frequency so far. Going to keep milking what i can get out of this. I added the jumping to practice explosiveness, all i hear are great things they do for squats/deads so i figured i would throw them in there. Plus everyone in the gym gets to see a 220lb dude almost hit his head on the ceiling haha

Current Goals
Squat: 315 x 5
Bench: 225 x 5
Deadlift: 405 x 5

I'll probably hit these numbers about 1 month from now. Yes you can hold me accountable for that. I am going for it!

Last edited:
Back