Beast's Log! (With videoeration X Log! (With videos)

BeastinTheEast

Beast's training Log! (With videos)

Little background on myself
So things have been changing a lot for me since my last log, i dropped down to about 200Lbs. Leanest i have ever been in a long time, began my cut at about 250lbs and dropped 50lbs in about 6 months taking my time. Been steadily making progress since then and am sitting right around 213Lbs, goal for this log/cycle is to add some good size and strength. Lost a lot of my strength from my cut but it was worth it! I lost focus on training my main lifts so my focus lately has been back to the simple basics, i was able to build a pretty good amount of muscle somehow with my "bodybuilding" oriented style training but for now it is BACK TO BASICS. This log will be pretty boring training wise as all i am going to do is: DEADLIFT, SQUAT, BENT ROW, PULL UPS, MILITARY PRESS, BENCH PRESS, Maybe some barbell shrugs. Trying to keep this as simple as possible!

TRAINING
5x5 3 week Block then 10x10 3 week block alternating style
Day 1: Squat
Day 2: Rows/Pull Ups/Barbell Shrugs
Day 3: Overhead Press OR Incline Bench Press/Tricep Extension, May rotate Bench with OHP for less shoulder stress
Day 4: Squat/Deadlift
Day 5: Rows/Pull Ups
Day 6: Bench Press/Close Grip Bench
Day 7: Rest
Actually hit a plateau on my overhead press so to work around it i decided to work incline more. Seems to be working so far made some good gains on incline as well. Should carry over to my overhead! I aim for 5 sets with a working weight, once i hit it i add 10lbs for Squat/Deadlift, 5lbs to pressing movements. If i stall for 3 workouts or more i drop the weight down and work back up again. Trying to squeeze every last bit out of this before changing to ramping 5x5 style. I used to do the normal template for 5x5 which was 3x per week but i quickly noticed that i could handle training a lot more frequent due to past experiences. The 7th day rest is optional, i'll probably just force myself to do it since it'll benefit me in the long run!

AS OF RIGHT NOW: I am alternating to 10x10 on cycle then going to 5x5 for PCT to manage gains/increase strength. Will be doing this probably for the next 5-6 months. I am 2 days into 10x10 and my joints feel way better and it is a good change of pace for my gains! GVT is really really intense!

NUTRITION

4500 Calories MINIMUM, Macros are going to be an emphasis on Protein and Carbs, while keeping fats relatively low (under 100g) I use HumaPro for mostly for my protein so i can have a larger emphasis on carbohydrates, i still eat a large amount of protein from lean sources throughout the day, my main source is usually chicken or beef. This may sound weird but believe me, if you haven't tried it then you do not understand how effective this is! I really like to eat so if it comes down to it i will just eat. I am not concerned with gaining a slight bit of fat.

GOALS
My goals for this log/cycle are to gain a relative good amount of size but with more emphasis on strength. I'd like to note that i am not a "strong" guy in most lifts, technique has been my downfall so just up until recently i had been doing "fluff and pump" training. I really want to hit some good numbers and add respectable improvements to my lifts which shouldn't be hard at all.

MY STATS
6' 1"
BEFORE:
Weight:
208Lbs
Body fat Skin fold Caliper:
Leg 6mm
Abs: 19mm
Chest: 2mm
Measurements:
Waist: 34.5"
Chest: 44.5"
Shoulders: 51"
Arms: 16.8"
Legs: 26.25"
Calves: 16"

I am running a 4 stack pro hormone (Epi,Tren,Halo,Hexadrone) for 4 weeks during this log as well.

PCT Is going to be a post cycle stack product and Tamoxifen Citrate at 40/40/20/20

Running Livercare by Himalaya at 2 caps/day through the entire cycle.

Starting Lifts: (Am easing back into heavy training again)
Squat: 235 x 5 x 5
Romanian Deadlift: 225 x 5
Bench Press Closer Grip: 195 x 5
Tricep Ext: 85 x 8

Last edited:
Had a great session today, felt really solid i could of been tighter on squats. My romanian deads felt PERFECT, like man i felt i could of thrown on 315+ without a problem, heaviest i have gone on them was 415 x 5, range of motion was a little shorter than i do now. This built the CRAP out of my deadlift, it's like a 3/4 movement of the deadlift but not as taxing. So you can throw it in more frequently to practice the hip hinge pattern necessary to lock out BIG weights. Off the floor is just a matter of a slight drop in the hips. I have no doubt i will be extremely strong on these again!

Squat

Today was Back day so to speak
Bent Over Rows Shoulder-Width Neutral: 155 x 5 x 5
Chin Ups BW @ 209Lbs: BW x 8 x 4
Hyper Ext: Explosive with 45lb Plate x 8 x 3
Practiced Squat Technique: 10+ Sets of 2-3 Reps with just the Bar.

Depth/Wider Stance/Hips WAYYY back

Well today i got really really lucky, felt like crap this morning. I don't drink but we were all yelling and such last night for new years so who knows. I was a little nauseous this morning i was worried i wouldn't be able to eat or train but a good solid nap and some more food cured me. Trained Bench press today and not really sure why but i felt a little weaker. I brought my grip in slightly than the grip with pinkies at rings to avoid shoulder issues which is common for me, even before i started lifting my right shoulder never has agreed with me. Finished up with lying extensions with the hammer bar, got 2 sets of 8 then only 6 on the final set. I need to start easing into a wider grip on bench instead of jumping right into it, i seem to always have an uphill battle with benching but i'll never give up!

Weight today was somehow 218lbs! I normally train in the morning so it's probably just a weight fluctuation from eating before hand. HUUUUUGE pumps today and this was surprising considering i wasn't even training for one.

Bench Press Closer Grip: 135 x 8, 155 x 5, 175 x 5,5,5
Lying Tricep Extension Hammer Grip: 85 x 8,8,6
Leg Raises Strict/Slow: Legs just about straight 10 x 4
Squat Practice Grease the groove/Mobility: about 10 sets of 2-3 reps once again, 65lbs. I am really starting to get this locked in, i don't have to think about it as much, also started putting the bar a little lower on my back. Instant increase in my back tightness, tomorrow is the test as it is squat/deadlift day, 5 x 5 squats and 1 working set of 5 deadlift.

My Work/Gym

Last edited:
Well today i am on the fence on if i should take my rest day now or tomorrow. My shoulder felt a little overstretched during squat practice, I feel pretty good today but i am going to wait and see. Weight this morning is 212Lbs. So i am holding steady up 4Lbs so far, I am noticing a slightly leaner mid section but not by much. Good thing i am tracking everything!

Today will be Overhead Press 3x5 and Close Grip Bench 3x8 followed by some ab/Lower back work, Maybe some glute ham raises as well.

n2guard on cycle support with extra livercare by himalaya, i'll be okay i have done my homework I should note this is NOT my first time on a ph cycle, i have about 4 cycles under my belt. I was intrigued on this product because i work at a supp shop and a lot of people were getting pretty good results, none of them really know how to eat so figured i'd give it a shot!

Just got back from training Overhead Press/Close Grip Bench

Overhead Press: 125 x 3 x 5, 115 x 5, 95 x 5
Close Grip Bench: 155 x 8, 145 x 8,8,7
Heavy DB Shrugs + Holds: 100s x 12,11 110s x 8 + Hold until grip failure
Leg Raises Constant Tension Legs Straight: 15,12,11,8

My overhead press has been stalled for a while but i have just started the 3 sets of 5 approach, hit it pretty well today. Next workout will be 130 and i should get it no problem. Adjusted my grip to middle of my thumbnail.
Bench has been a struggle as well but i tried a tighter arch today with my feet tucked back more and it was definitely better. I hope dropping to 3 x 5 does the trick!
No squat practice today, letting my shoulder heal up 100% for Squatting on Monday. Tomorrow is my day off, gonna stuff my face and try to get 6000 Calories

Last edited:
Without souding like a douche, it doesnt matter if its your first or 50th cycle, 4 oral compounds is bad news. You can take all the liver care in the world and theyll still be reaking havoc on your liver/bloods. Just my .02. Good luck either way

Appreciate your concerns man, i feel the same way. If i notice ANY unwanted sides i'll pull the plug on the cycle! Your not a douche your just looking out for me :)

Today is my off day, i am feeling pretty good this morning. Eating a bunch of food and kicking back. I am going to do some shoulder mobility with a band and some foam rolling to prepare myself for tomorrow. Going to go for 255 x 5 squat tomorrow, should be easy no problem

Weight today is 210lbs, how the hell am i dropping weight on 4500+ calories a day??! Anyways i am eating even more now.

Squats/RDL
255 x 3 sets of 5 reps, Getting close to breaking my all time 5 RM which i set at 250lbs!
RDL: 275 x 5, 4 no straps, 3 no straps

Killed it today i am feeling pretty good, reps were a little slower today and last set i accidentally set the bar too high so it was a high bar squat LOL got them all on video, will upload later today! Warmed up a lot better today, i actually am hitting depth a ton easier and i am almost squatting TOO low haha

Legs definitely are growing and i did a skinfold caliper on my abdominal area today averaged 16mm so that's -2mm in a week. Very surprising!!

BW is at 212Lbs today

Yesterdays Squats

Today: Back/deadlift supplemental exercises
Barbell rows: 190 x 6 x 5
Weighted chins: +10 x 5 x 3 and Overhand BW x 8,7
Deadlift practice: 135 x 5 sets of 3
Squat practice: 95lbs x 2 sets of 3 reps

Ok so i decided to go for broke today and i hit 225 x 3 paused on bench with elbow wraps. Pretty surprised by this but my joints/tendons need a BREAK, i talked with a highly intelligent buddy of mine who suggested i train higher volume on cycle and in pct go back to 5x5 to maintain higher intensity and take advantage of higher training volume capacity on cycle, i think it's a great idea plus my body needs a break to a small degree. Tomorrow for squats the plan is 175x10 sets of 10 reps GVT style! using 60% of my 1rm like prescribed. I have put about 30lbs on my 5rm so this will be a good change of pace, in pct i am aiming for some big PR's without a doubt. Once i hit 10 sets of 10 with the prescribed weight i will add 5lbs 2.5 per side. Doing the same for pressing/back movements. Joints are pretty beat up, gotta reset.

Weight today was 210lbs
Bench: 185 x 3, 155 x 9, 165 x 5, 225 x 3, 245 x 1 (idk about this think my spotter helped said he didn't but meh)
Lying Tri Ext: 35 x 10,10 45 x 10,10 wiped out no strength at all.

Even though 225 was my goal i did it with some beefy wraps and i felt like they helped too much, i have no ego with this i want it 100% legit to myself!

Well today i went to GVT but i really messed up my starting weight, I went with the higher of the % of 1rm being 60, i should of used 50 this **** is INSANE!!! Was really really hard, timed every single rest period i almost vomited about 4x, 3 of which were mid-set from holding my air.
German Volume Training for squats is 50-60% of 1RM for 10 sets of 10 reps with 90 seconds rest between each set. It is used to allow the joints to recover and allow the olympic weight lifting athletes to put on lean mass while shedding bodyfat, most went up a full weight class in 12 weeks. This is some hardcore training no joke!

175 x 10 x 4 Sets
155 x 10 x 3 Sets
135 x 10 x 3 Sets

Next squat workout i am going with 155, the 175 KICKED MY ASS. Form improved greatly by 7th set. The program claims your form will improve drastically from the volume. I am in love with this, it was so hard guys i hope you try this!! One of the most challenging squat variations i have tried. I got a video of me at 155, you can hear me struggling to breathe LOL

Weight was 216lbs today!! woooohooo!

I am still alive!! LOL my legs are already pretty damn sore, tomorrow is going to suck the sack haha

Did Back today 10x10, started conservatively since yesterday i experienced the wrath of being greedy!
Barbell row Shoulder Width Grip: 105 x 10 x 10, hit all the sets with the rest. Next workout will be 115 x 10 x 10
Chin ups: BW @ 212lbs x 10,10,5,3
Leg raises: 5 sets of 10 with 30 seconds rest

I noticed that Charles poliquin suggested 10x10 chins, wow i wish i was that strong at them the arm/back size that could be obtained from that would be insane, maybe in the future.

Felt a little dizzy again after this LOL

Have u thought about lowering some of the doses and running the cycle longer??

I just would like u to keep more of the new growth once pct is over with and with quick, powerful blasts it's tough.

Have u thought about lowering some of the doses and running the cycle longer??

I just would like u to keep more of the new growth once pct is over with and with quick, powerful blasts it's tough.

Yes yes that is the plan, i had a few people recommend that to me. Cycle should be around 5 weeks not including PCT.

Overhead Press/Barbell Shrugs/Floor Press: 214Lbs BW
Overhead Press: 70 x 10 x 10, 4 sets were 60 seconds rest and the others were 90 seconds, it felt sooo light the first sets i couldn't help myself but by the 9th set i was DYING LOL
Barbell Shrugs Double Overhand Grip: 155 x 10 x 10, 60 seconds rest. Should of started 165 but still good.
Floor Press with Pause: 135 x 8,8,8 140 x 8

Floor press felt really goofy, pretty sure my form wasn't the best but i really liked how the exercise felt. I struggle mid point so this is PERFECT for me. Plus it doesn't kill my shoulder so i have a way to improve my bench on my 2nd pressing day.

Back