Been on Testosterone for 3.5 years - hCG not working

jaydoe

I'm 27, I've been on T since I was 23 at 120mg per week.

My TRT doc just prescribed me hCG last month from a compounding pharmacy. I used it for a month at 300IU x2 week. Saw no difference and didn't feel any different.

Went back to him and asked if I can get the hCG from the my local CVS. He said sure, and bumped up my dosage to 1000IU x2 week IM. So I've done 2 shots so far and still haven't seen a difference.

I see that a lot of people notice a difference in 2-3 days after their first shot. Should I be worried if I'm not seeing an increase in size or firmness yet?

Is it possible that I've made myself primary hypo and my balls will no longer respond to LH or hCG? Or do I need much more time on hCG because I've been on for so long.

Thank you

Hey brother, So you have not done any HCG in the last 4 years since you got on Testosterone? Any Deca?
may I ask why did you get on trt to begin with? can you share your blood work to see your levels before you started HCG and during?

Get some bloods done pronto, that will be your best answer. Otherwise you're guessing.
Also, as Casanovaaa asked, have you done any Deca in the last year or two?
It's been almost 1.5 years since I've done a small dose of Deca for 3 months, and I still haven't fully recovered (getting better every month.) for Libido and erections. And that's with a healthy TRT/HCG dose.

300 IU is not enough thats why it didn't work. ANYTHING below 500 IU, for someone on TRT or that has been on TRT, is a complete waste of time and money. You might as well squirt it out in the sink.

1,000 is a much better dosage. Stick with that for a couple months and get tested (TT) while on the HCG to see if the testicles are being stimulated.

You may need anastrozole with your HCG, and that could be why it would be working but your not feeling good, your E2 could be going up.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Any update? Have you noticed any changes with the hCG increase?

So I did a full 10,000 units of Novarel uHCG. Not sure if it was placebo, it probably was, but I saw a SMALL, pretty much minute increase in firmness for the first 2 weeks, then that went away. Did another bottle, and they're still showing no response and are small and softer than they were before starting the HCG..

I am on TRT because I did a 25 week cycle when I was 23. Came off for 6 weeks, definitely recovered a bit, but then jumped back on. I was completely healthy before that cycle.

In July, I used Deca for 2 weeks. At 150mg each week.

Considering getting an ultrasound done to see if there's any blockage with the testicular artery. Not sure if using rHCG would make a difference here.

Possibility of HCG antibodies?

why did you do a deca only cycle? and only for 2 weeks? plesse get blood works done to check your test levels and share it here my friend.

why did you do a deca only cycle? and only for 2 weeks? plesse get blood works done to check your test levels and share it here my friend.

I didn't do a Deca only cycle. I'm on TRT. I just ran Deca for 2 weeks because of joint issues. But stopped because I didn't want to complicate things.

What do your labs say? Where is your TT, free t, e2, SHBG and such.

I have labs before HCG. None during or post HCG. I stopped using the HCG because it wasn't doing shit and I wasn't wasting more money on something that provided no results. I'm getting more blood work in a week, this is without HCG.

I have labs before HCG. None during or post HCG. I stopped using the HCG because it wasn't doing shit and I wasn't wasting more money on something that provided no results. I'm getting more blood work in a week, this is without HCG.

Have you seen the Scally PCT? 2,500iu twice a week? I've questioned if that dose is excessive. If you've done the lower dose, now this higher dose . . If you ran that level and your nutz woke up you would be a repeat poster on the boards showing that dose was effective. Regardless I hope you keep posting your results. It's how we all learn!

Have you seen the Scally PCT? 2,500iu twice a week? I've questioned if that dose is excessive. If you've done the lower dose, now this higher dose . . If you ran that level and your nutz woke up you would be a repeat poster on the boards showing that dose was effective. Regardless I hope you keep posting your results. It's how we all learn!

I can try it, but I was doing 1000IU every 3.5 days and I had no results. I'm thinking its either because I have HCG antibodies, topical betamethasone that i used for jock itch on my nuts permanently damaged them (its a strong glucocorticoid that really thins your skin), or I have some kind of arterial blockage to my balls where the drug isn't getting access.

IF I have HCG antibodies. HMG would be a better option for me because it contains LH, FSH, and a small portion of HCG.

What? HMG contains LH, FSH, and a portion of HCG? You sure???

Why not try 1,000 IU per day, or 2,000 IU EOD, for as long as it takes to see a response in size? According to the docs trying this after extended periods of shutdown can take an extended period of time to see results.

And, since it looks like you are staying on TRT what are you hoping to get out of the HCG? What results are you trying to achieve?

What? HMG contains LH, FSH, and a portion of HCG? You sure???

Why not try 1,000 IU per day, or 2,000 IU EOD, for as long as it takes to see a response in size? According to the docs trying this after extended periods of shutdown can take an extended period of time to see results.

And, since it looks like you are staying on TRT what are you hoping to get out of the HCG? What results are you trying to achieve?

Yes, HMG contains LH, FSH, and small amounts of HCG.

Perhaps you may be right and I'm willing to try that. But I really saw nothing after 10,000 IU bottle.

Just want to know my balls work basically. But to get back my nut size would be great since they've been atrophied for years. Also, I hear that after awhile on HCG it is possible to become slightly fertile.

Why not get labs done and see where your lh and fsh are? Pretty much throwing away your money. If 10,000iu vial dosed correctly did not correct anything you may need clomid

Dr B

Keep in mind guys HCG and HMG will not show up on lab work, they just mimic the effects of LH and FSH. Its not actual LH and FSH.

You want to test TT levels to see if the testes are working, thats how you know if you are ready for SERM's

Hope this helps.

I sure hope people do not think that HCG will increase actual levels of serum LH and FSH.....

The alpha subunits of HCG and LH are identical and the Beta subunits are close enough that it acts on the LH receptor. Naturally, your body will distinguish HCG as LH so it is very suppressive to natural LH in terms of the negative feedback loop

Testicular size remains best indicator of hcg efficacy

Last edited:
Back