Belly fat in 10% bodyfat !!!!!

I had/have a small amount of lower abdomen / belly fat @ 10% (dexa scan tested) - I've never been muscular at sub 10% (I was below 8% when I was in the army, but only 160lbs @ 6') but my six pack didn't show un-flexed until I was -extremely- lean.

At 10% unflexed my stomach looks flat, can see the upper four abs outlined but only see a six pack if I flex just right unfortunately.

Any other info on this thread?
Lower belly bodyfat is BRUTAL.
Cant gget rid of it no matter what i try

I had/have a small amount of lower abdomen / belly fat @ 10% (dexa scan tested) - I've never been muscular at sub 10% (I was below 8% when I was in the army, but only 160lbs @ 6') but my six pack didn't show un-flexed until I was -extremely- lean.

At 10% unflexed my stomach looks flat, can see the upper four abs outlined but only see a six pack if I flex just right unfortunately.

Pretty much the same for me. I got down to like 149 after airborn training and still had belly fat.

Body fat is a percentage; so if you're carrying a ton of muscle, it's completely feasible. However, most folks I know that claim to be 10% usually are closer to 13%. I'm not saying that this is the case, but it greatly depends on the method used to determine the percentage.

Visual < skin fold < bioelectrical impedance < immersion test < bod pod < dexa scan.

My .02c :)

Where does one get a dexa scan done? I'm in Canada (which I'm sure matters)

It's a specialized MRI device that scans your bone/muscle/fat content and can be upwards of 5 grand to have one done. Being in Canada might be advantageous if you can find a legitimate way to convince a doc to order one for you. I know a few hospitals with sports medicine departments here in the states have them - maybe start looking there?

Fitness clubs will have bioelectrical impedance devices, not dexa machines. (150-300 for a good impedance device versus the 80-150k investment costs dictate this)

Back