Best alternatives to winstrol? (Same hardened effect but saves the joints)

Last_Ride

This post is mainly for curiosity purposes. I am a big fan of winstrol (though have used it only once for the last 6wks of an anavar+test e cycle) because of the hardened, dry look it provides towards the end a cycle but it really does a number on ur joints, doesn't it?

I had used glucosamine, chondroitin, fish oil and it still hurt (had thought of using 250mg of deca too but the reviews are mixed on whether it actually helps. Hence didn't risk adding another compound).

Hence wanted to ask the knowledgeable members here if there are alternatives to winstrol? Compounds that have the same effect but less sides and safer?

If your Body Fat is Sub 10%.

Masteron will Harden you up, without the Liver Sides that Winny causes................................... JP
P.S.
Can also be tough on the Hairline like Winny.

If your Body Fat is Sub 10%.

Masteron will Harden you up, without the Liver Sides that Winny causes................................... JP
P.S.
Can also be tough on the Hairline like Winny.

Thanks for ur reply sir.
I am a normal software developer, so sub-10% bf is like a utopia for me. I am normally around 13% for 7-8mnths a year. So would u still recommend masteron for me? How about equipoise?

Thanks for ur reply sir.
I am a normal software developer, so sub-10% bf is like a utopia for me. I am normally around 13% for 7-8mnths a year. So would u still recommend masteron for me? How about equipoise?

I started masteron around 13% but noticed a huge difference once I reached 11%, like it really started to kick in...
Can only imagine if you would START sub-10% :D

Personally, i've also been very interested in winstrol but talking with most of the older bro's here, they dont really recommend it much and most prefer anavar over winstrol.
I'll probably never try winstrol just because my joints are not tip top as is... Wouldn't make sense to hurt myself more.

With that said, focus on diet for fat burning and not AAS. By all means, add masteron but dont think its a magic fat burner, those properties are only an added bonus when executing a solid diet.

I don't think that for its purpose I don't know of any compound as good. Ah ha, but the joints become the problem.

Used many, many times back when I was younger (30's) I suffered no pain or problems.

However now at age 67 my joints ate all shot. Did the Winstrol contribute or not. Maybe but that was long ago.

Thinking about my career in BB I was always lifting heavy... Too heavy for extended periods. Ijumpped on AAS before my body was ready.

Being a very small boned Ecto...I did many things wrong that without a doubt contributed to the ruin and suffering of bad joints now 30 years later.

Knowing how excellently Winstrol helped me to accomplish my goal and my knowledge of the compound I might still use it but train differently, not so heavy at the time of its use.

Ya know the timing of using Winstrol for the purpose of shows or just getting down leaner and harder comes at a time when I'm not shooting for Mass , so to speak. Its a finisher so at this time I need not lift so heavy. But now it the time for more reps.

Changing the workout routine to light and the use of Glucosamine might take much of the stress off the joints.

This ^^ I just offer as food for thought for those who still want to use Winstrol or give it a try. It was a fantastic show compound.

As we know it takes many years of experience to understand your own body and how to use , utilize these different compounds we add to our basic testosterone intake and need.

Thanks, OMM

Last edited:
Great, so now i'm gonna have to do winstrol at some point... thanks mike, lol...
Injectable or oral ? Preference ? Heard its less harsh as injectable.

Great, so now i'm gonna have to do winstrol at some point... thanks mike, lol...
Injectable or oral ? Preference ? Heard its less harsh as injectable.

Hey bud, listen as I have told others before.... My real experience with Winstrol was done years ago. I had a friend Veterinary doc ordering it for ME by the case. It was the White water based injectable. I don't really have much experience with the oral.

But I tell you IMOP since this is an important decision and you want the best for the best I wouldn't even consider the oral unless it was from a legal pharmacy lab. Not UGL.

Why do or try this with for some, so important to go second rate.

Again IMOP

But I must say, as with everything we do with AAS for BB our diet, calories AND workout routine is just so, so important.

Do some heavy low reps but with this in mind, I tell you reps, reps, reps. Ya know that harsh, burning pain at high rep failure. For me my mass building is put second to tightening, hardening and leaning.
For show readiness even if just the summer beach show ...Lol

OMM

Last edited:
My PT has schooled me pretty good far as training and mentality goes. I'm never in the gym trying to rush out reps or sets, always there for a good, progressive workout that isn't wasted.
Since he's gone on vacation though, I've noticed I'm training bit heavier/harder but noticeable slower. With PT its 60-90 seconds rest and thats it, no bullshit.

I dont at all have that same discipline and go more on feeling, does it feel good ? Do i get a good pump ? Does it hurt ? Do i need to rest more ? etc etc.
Lately though, my joints are just terrible and since my shoulder has just healed after a grueling 2 months... I'm bit terrified to go ape shit and get hurt again, really have to pace myself and look at the bigger picture... No training would be less gains than consistent training with less intensity/weight... :/

My PT has schooled me pretty good far as training and mentality goes. I'm never in the gym trying to rush out reps or sets, always there for a good, progressive workout that isn't wasted.
Since he's gone on vacation though, I've noticed I'm training bit heavier/harder but noticeable slower. With PT its 60-90 seconds rest and thats it, no bullshit.

I dont at all have that same discipline and go more on feeling, does it feel good ? Do i get a good pump ? Does it hurt ? Do i need to rest more ? etc etc.
Lately though, my joints are just terrible and since my shoulder has just healed after a grueling 2 months... I'm bit terrified to go ape shit and get hurt again, really have to pace myself and look at the bigger picture... No training would be less gains than consistent training with less intensity/weight... :/

When does your trainer get back? this is the first time youve mentioned her. Is she hot?

Hope santa is feeling better! shoulder injuries suck.

Back