best tasting protein bars

krupt

Any thoughts on some good protein bars as far as taste, quality and price.
I was thinking snickers marathon bar...seems pretty legit.

Although not terribly high in protein (15 grams or so), I prefer Balance and Zone bars. I'll eat 'em in between meals and shakes. They can be had for as little as .50 apiece at Target.

has anyone tried k2o protien water or know the price its only 5 grams protien but would be worth it if its the same price as reg bottled water

HeHateMe said:
Although not terribly high in protein (15 grams or so), I prefer Balance and Zone bars. I'll eat 'em in between meals and shakes. They can be had for as little as .50 apiece at Target.

50 cents a bar is a great price.

snickers? you've gotta be kidding. detour bars taste the best IMO but they suck nutritionally. i would go for the metrex big 100.... as i think omerta said.

i dont trust protein bars. id rather eat a sandwich or wrap or somthing with grilled chicken, regardless of the sauce or bread it pretty much evens out with the suger or fat in those bars. correct me if any one thinks differently? this is just a thought that crossed my mind several times when i was about to buy a bar and looked at the back and realized i might as well eat a sandwich. I might be overlooking something thou.

simpllyhuge said:
i dont trust protein bars. id rather eat a sandwich or wrap or somthing with grilled chicken, regardless of the sauce or bread it pretty much evens out with the suger or fat in those bars. correct me if any one thinks differently? this is just a thought that crossed my mind several times when i was about to buy a bar and looked at the back and realized i might as well eat a sandwich. I might be overlooking something thou.

Of course I'd take whole food over a bar/shake anyday, but for me it comes down to the convenience factor. If I'm on the road or whatever, and I don't have time to stop for a meal, or didn't pack a lunch, consuming a bar is better than nothing...

yeah i agree but usually im around more real food than i am around supps. It might be cause i live in ny and there is a place to buy real food like every block. I would prefer a shake sometimes to help me stay lean but i dont know if i trust those rtd protein shakes.
I remember reading in testosterone magazine or some shit that because of the fda regulations they have to cook them so much that the protein isnt as sufficient as it should be. Not sure how true it is but its enough for me not to pay 3-4$ for a rtd or bar when i can get a real chicken for like 6. But thats in stores, i know u dont pay that much if u buy in bulk.

But im not knocking what you prefer just trying to hear others oppinions including yours so i can reevlatuate my orignal thinking myself.
If im in the house protein shakes are the a very convienient way for me to get 60-75 grams of protein before i go some where, i just started that recently thou.

Most protein bars are made of low quality products. Are you better off making up a home made MRP

Protein Power
Ground Oats
Natty PB

Easto said:
Most protein bars are made of low quality products. Are you better off making up a home made MRP

Protein Power
Ground Oats
Natty PB
Agreed...the only bar I keep on hand for true emergencies is Zone Dutch Chocolate.

lately I've been liking the ThinkThin bars. They have 20g of protein, almost no fat, some fiber, and very lo carbs, and zero sugar. I've only tried 3 flavors. Very delicious though, and if you look at the ingredients, mostly natural.

Back