Best way to lessen Scarring?? more smaller volume pins or more volume per pin

halfape211

Not Novice, But Not Pro
If injecting 6ml per week of test, which is best method? 6 days of 1ml and one day off; or 3 alternate days of 2ml and one day off??

Or for 4ml? 4 X 1ml pins spread out in the week; or 2 pins of 2ml??

So more pins or more volume?

personally I vary needle depth ,, so for a month or two I'll run 1.5" pins, then I'll run 1" pins, and even 5/8" pins . also I don't pin much more then 2 cc per spot (if I have 3 cc to inject, I'll just pin 1.5 in two diff locations)

6ml of oil? 3 pins at 2ml rotated among 8 sites is what I would do. I've read the medical journals on volume vs frequency, and both are recognized as potential causes for scar tissue formation as volume can distort tissues, while high frequency (guys that pin ONLY glutes, etc) causes trauma that doesn't have a chance to heal properly.

My .02c :)

Using as many different spots will help, but there's really no way to avoid it if you stay on frequently.

6ml of oil? 3 pins at 2ml rotated among 8 sites is what I would do. I've read the medical journals on volume vs frequency, and both are recognized as potential causes for scar tissue formation as volume can distort tissues, while high frequency (guys that pin ONLY glutes, etc) causes trauma that doesn't have a chance to heal properly.

My .02c :)

There you go again!! impressing the hell out of the rest of us. lol. :) But now I know the source of your 'superpower'. You read medical journals. The secret is out. lol :) My thanks to all you fine gentlemen.

Last edited:
i think frequency and volume are factors . i pin 3ml in glutes np. 1.5-2ml in quads and 1-1.5ml in delts.
maybe cut it down to 5ml per week and do 3ml in glute and 2 in quad? 3-4 days apart IMO
then you can do right side one week and left side the other week. something like that.
i wont pin the same spot for atleast 2 weeks after last pin. works best for me. my delts have more scaring due to pining every week. 2 weeks is good. if you do left then right, by the time you are back at left side you are now at 2 weeks since last pin in that spot.

It's def both. I've pinned the hell out of my chest over the years and it's almost impossible to push through the tissue and get oil into my chest. If I had to pick which was worse- volume.

Back