better than 20/20 vision

organdoner

hello. i am an african male who knows nothing about hockey. i was watching a game the other day and was amazed how the goalie can stop shots at will. what kind of vision does a gaolie have to be able to see and snag a puck out of thin air at over 100+ mph ? hope my question isn't to rediculous.

Haha sooo many factors come into play. But yes 20/20 is considered normal and it is absolutely possible to have better.

Reflex time has more to do with it. goalies have lots of specialized training separate from regular players as well, not to mention YEARS of experience doing that same thing. Usually starting from childhood where the shots are certainly not 100mph

ALSO if its a well placed shot going 100mph its usually luck or not a good shot / far from the goalie if its stopped.

There isnt a single goalie out there where its impressive enough to say zomg how does he do it...Id be more fearful of the weight of that puck and the damage it can do if it lands on a place without padding and getting cut from skatesr

I played D-1 hockey.......to be a goalie you need to be in excellent shape, have great reaction times, and you need to know how to cut down angles. Bottom line most goalies are a little nuts!

Back